Jared Freakin Goff! (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade Goff's performance today

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

• When did Keenum get benched?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I gave him an "A" He did a fantastic job today in probably the 2nd toughest venue in the NFL to play in. His only glaring errors to me were the fumble (couldn't see if Havenstein hit him) and 2 misreads/miscommunications on routes. The Interception was on Kendrick's. His hands were wrapped around the ball and HE let Vaccaro take it from him. Thats not Goff's fault.

Shame on Fisher for having GRob inactive... surely bit us in the ass when Saffold went out. Punish him by not starting fine. But how/why the fuck do you deactivate a starting Tackle????

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He fumbled the ball inside the 20 and threw a pick and he is not just a second stringer, He is our starter and he was the #1 overall draft pick and should be playing better. But he showed moments of greatness. The drive at the end of the half was one of them. But I also must say we won't see the real Goff and what he can do until there are big changes made with the team. If he were just the backup and came in the game cold he would have gotten a C or B- from me.

Wow....I'm glad you are not my boss. :sneaky:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It was a lost season before the kick-off today. I want to win every Sunday, but today seeing the talent and poise Goff had, tells me we may have struck gold with him. Even in Bradford's OROY season, I never saw the poise and accurate medium depth throws this kid ripped..Small sample size I know, but he's the best I've seen since Bulger.

Really makes me appreciate how much I under appreciated Bulger... cuz he was wicked good.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Don't know if this has been posted or not....but...
Did anyone see Goff when in the 2 min offense just before half he was hurrying everyone down the field?
I did not catch the number, who it was, but I think it was a lineman....Goff was trying to get everyone downfield to stay in position to score before the half and some lineman was lolly-gaging taking his time downfield and Goff pushed him - like 'hurry up' we need to score before the half.....etc.

I LOVED that.
The kid shows real promise.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did not mention that Goff handled getting hit much better than I feared he wouldn't, early in the season. He was painfully thin in Week One, and still is pretty thin, but I no longer gasp in horror over his death after a hit, like in Week One...;).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know if this has been posted or not....but...
Did anyone see Goff when in the 2 min offense just before half he was hurrying everyone down the field?
I did not catch the number, who it was, but I think it was a lineman....Goff was trying to get everyone downfield to stay in position to score before the half and some lineman was lolly-gaging taking his time downfield and Goff pushed him - like 'hurry up' we need to score before the half.....etc.

I LOVED that.
The kid shows real promise.

I think he was hurrying them up to spike the ball. Not sure why when they had a couple of timeouts left and they didn't want to give the ball back to brees. He'll learn.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gave him an "A" He did a fantastic job today in probably the 2nd toughest venue in the NFL to play in. His only glaring errors to me were the fumble (couldn't see if Havenstein hit him) and 2 misreads/miscommunications on routes. The Interception was on Kendrick's. His hands were wrapped around the ball and HE let Vaccaro take it from him. Thats not Goff's fault.

Shame on Fisher for having GRob inactive... surely bit us in the ass when Saffold went out. Punish him by not starting fine. But how/why the freak do you deactivate a starting Tackle????

I have to disagree. The interception was on Goff. It was a difficult play for Kendricks because Vaccaro had momentum carrying him away with the ball while Kendricks was trying to reach back for it. A guy like Larry Fitzgerald might have wrestled it away, but that's because Fitz's hand strength is unreal. Not a lot of guys in the game who could have taken that ball away.

But the biggest reason why I put it on Goff is because he misread the play. The strength of the Saints defense was on that side of the field. Goff should have read the defense pre-snap and started left with his progressions. If he had, he would have noticed that the CB was caught between Mike Thomas and Tavon Austin IIRC. He would have been able to choose between zipping it into Austin or trying to loft it over the CB to Thomas. It's a much easier play. Instead, he forced it into traffic.

It's a rookie mistake, though. He'll learn. This is why you can't simulate live game reps against real defenses.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I gave him a "B" because of the INT and some missed throws.

The INT was on him in my view because he should never have made that throw in the first place (although the fact that it even made it through that tight window into Kendricks' hands at all is testament to his arm).

I don't blame him for the drop off in the second half because the Saints DL had the luxury of pinning their ears back and not worrying about the rush. With our OL, that was never going to go well for Goff.

Did he audible to the play that ended up being the Austin TD? It looked as if he changed it pre-snap? If so, then that's the kind of stuff that gives you faith in him turning into a very good QB.

fiveten

UDFA
C, I couldn't watch the game, but saw his QBR was 34.0. That's a C/D level performance.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C, I couldn't watch the game, but saw his QBR was 34.0. That's a C/D level performance.
Using ESPN metric is silly, his passer rating was 100.3
Neither tells the story for sure, but they are certainly telling polar opposite stories.
Goff was terrific in the 1st half and was defenseless in the 2nd half because of the oline implosion

RamWoodie

Legend
Goff is getting there. He just needs more work reading defenses and more sync with the WRS.

He spreads the ball around nicely but he has to catch up to the speed of the game.

I hate the kid is gonna have to learn another offense because Bocas ain't the answer...he's either limited in what he can do by Fisher or his own offensive acumen.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If you give him an A for today what will you give him when he wins? or when he doesn't turn the ball over? Don't get me wrong he will be a very good quarterback but he has a ways to go. That's all. He needs help from the O- line the sideline and the booth but he will be fun to watch. He just didn't deserve an A or a B in my opinion. Maybe next week he will.
It's about context. Something that gets lost quite often from fans on message boards.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The rest of the season for me is all about watching Goff. He'll determine whether we have a future or not...and what sort of coach we can pull.
Exactly....

10-0 lead with 4 minutes to go and the D gives up two easy TD's . This is the same D that gave the 49ers 28 , Detroit 31,and Tampa Bay 32 . There is nothing special about the D .
Agree to an extent...Much is good about this defense. And it's based on pressure...without pressure, we can find the weaknesses easily....

As far as his grade, "C". Hear me out...great first half, but missed throws. The 2 min drive was all I needed before hitting the road. I could tell defense didn't have it. but the first half was a "B+" easily...

The second half was a "D". Bunch of the 3 & out stuff that kills us.

Average it all out..C

He can play better, and will...see why I wanted him in during week 1? And don't give me that, he's not ready stuff. Is Keenum ready? Is Fitzpatrick?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The OL is a real problem. Not sure the last time I saw all 4 DL meet at the QB like that....and happened multiple times.

Love is willingness to throw down field. Mistakes were to be expected for a rookie in their 2nd start...

Next week will be ugly. A tougher place to play against a tougher opponent. I would ask that nobody judge Goff for any type of bad performance next week. I don't want to get on here and see him being bashed if it goes badly - we're severely outmatched by the Patriots.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly....

Agree to an extent...Much is good about this defense. And it's based on pressure...without pressure, we can find the weaknesses easily....

As far as his grade, "C". Hear me out...great first half, but missed throws. The 2 min drive was all I needed before hitting the road. I could tell defense didn't have it. but the first half was a "B+" easily...

The second half was a "D". Bunch of the 3 & out stuff that kills us.

Average it all out..C

He can play better, and will...see why I wanted him in during week 1? And don't give me that, he's not ready stuff. Is Keenum ready? Is Fitzpatrick?
I really thought Goff played well till the Oline became a sive. I blame Fisher for not dressing #73. I blame Fisherball for everything at this point . The defense was horrible . It looked like an extension of the end of the Miami game . If Goff was throwing to the wide open receivers like Brees was he would have had 400 yards .

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think he was hurrying them up to spike the ball. Not sure why when they had a couple of timeouts left and they didn't want to give the ball back to brees. He'll learn.

A few of us were talking about time outs a few weeks ago and if the QB has the ability to call them under Fisher.
I don't recall a Rams qb ever calling a time out under Fisher. It seems Fisher may be the only one that can call them.
I may be wrong, I just can't remember seeing it.