Jared Freakin Goff! (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade Goff's performance today

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

• When did Keenum get benched?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
If you give him an A for today what will you give him when he wins? or when he doesn't turn the ball over? Don't get me wrong he will be a very good quarterback but he has a ways to go. That's all. He needs help from the O- line the sideline and the booth but he will be fun to watch. He just didn't deserve an A or a B in my opinion. Maybe next week he will.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd give Goff a B-. I think Goff would tell you it's nowhere near his best. He left some plays on the field. It was a good performance. But Goff can and will do better. He made some mistakes today. But he'll learn from them. That's what this year is supposed to be...a learning experience.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I highly doubt that.

The 1 thing Keenum showed in TC was urgency, he seemed to know it would be different without the red jersey. Goff and Mannion both held the ball to long, but completed some nice passes, where they would have at least had to scramble to buy the time they were holding the ball. And in the drills Goff just looked so much more natural then Keenum. IMO Keenums #1 job in the eyes of the O coaches was to show Goff how an NFL QB goes about his job. Goff was the starter as a true freshman and never experienced learning from the #1 ,so to speak. But I do not believe it took Goff 10 weeks into the season to give the team a better chance than Keenum.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought he looked impressive the first half. Lots of pressure, moved pretty well, made some good throws and had a really nice 2 minute drill. The tide changed in the second half some of that because of stupid penalties, Saffold going down, the whole Oline imploding basically and of course the defense not showing up today putting the pressure on the offense to score WAY too many points.

I gave him a B because he had the fumble and disappeared in the second half.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
If you give him an A for today what will you give him when he wins? or when he doesn't turn the ball over? Don't get me wrong he will be a very good quarterback but he has a ways to go. That's all. He needs help from the O- line the sideline and the booth but he will be fun to watch. He just didn't deserve an A or a B in my opinion. Maybe next week he will.

I gave him an A because he threw 3 TDs in only his second game with a team that really isn't helping the kid much at all. The pick, those things are going to happen, and it was in Kendricks' hands. Likewise with the fumble, that's tough to get mad at. Again, for me this is an A performance for his 2nd game, with many odds against him. I expected worse. I also expected he'd only need to guide this team to 2-3 TDs max to win this game. The defense put him in a terrible position.

fearsomefour

Legend
The kid is for real.
The interception was in Kendricks hands.
All the fans that ripped our Rookie QB for that should post pictres of themselves with their Wentz jerseys on.
You don't do any favors when you are not giving blame where it is due. He stared down Kendricks and threw into double coverage. If that exact play was made with Keenum at QB it would be Keenums pic. It was not a good pass. The fumble was bad too. He missed some throws and was late with some throws but.....man, one can see it. Miles better than last week. A lot of that goes to letting Goff play. Made some nice plays outside the pocket. Not an "A" performance for the reasons stated but pretty darn good. Even without wins gives something to look forward to he rest of season.

fearsomefour

Legend
Goff looked good, Looked calm, poised and can throw a great ball. Unfortunately the line fell apart in the second half. Once again the other team made better half time adjustments than us.
Well the D was not stopping their O and with a lead at home they could release the hounds.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Jared is legit. Rams don't have the horses in OL, TEs and WR corp.

Rams gotta restock these positions plus DBs, and DEs for 2017.

But the Rams got their QB of the future.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Looked good for a rookie. Not great but good. Need to protect him better or we'll ruin him.

I will say he looked better than I expected.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gave him a B. He showed the promise that we drafted him for. Made a couple rookie mistakes. Unlike some I don't hold the defense and what the Saints did on O against him.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I'd give Goff a B-. I think Goff would tell you it's nowhere near his best. He left some plays on the field. It was a good performance. But Goff can and will do better. He made some mistakes today. But he'll learn from them. That's what this year is supposed to be...a learning experience.
A learning experience that should have started at the very latest v Carolina after the buy.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You don't do any favors when you are not giving blame where it is due. He stared down Kendricks and threw into double coverage. If that exact play was made with Keenum at QB it would be Keenums pic. It was not a good pass. The fumble was bad too. He missed some throws and was late with some throws but.....man, one can see it. Miles better than last week. A lot of that goes to letting Goff play. Made some nice plays outside the pocket. Not an "A" performance for the reasons stated but pretty darn good. Even without wins gives something to look forward to he rest of season.

Of course... but us fans are not the ones that have to hold him accountable.
We're supposed to be fans. Not his online assistant coaches.

He played his second nfl game on the road and played well. In fact, considering what all he had working against him, he was pretty damn good.

Yet the moment Vaccaro made that great play on the ball, Goff is getting criticism from those who were just waiting to get their jabs in.

No, he wasn't perfect. I never pretended he was. But I'm not holding him to outrageous stanards...

bluecoconuts

Legend
He fumbled the ball inside the 20 and threw a pick and he is not just a second stringer, He is our starter and he was the #1 overall draft pick and should be playing better. But he showed moments of greatness. The drive at the end of the half was one of them. But I also must say we won't see the real Goff and what he can do until there are big changes made with the team. If he were just the backup and came in the game cold he would have gotten a C or B- from me.

If you were a high school teacher I'd shit on your desk.

Seriously though, very harsh grades, I thought he did very well considering. He held onto the ball too long at times, and made other rookie mistakes that one would expect, but he threw some great balls. The defense couldn't stop a 90 year old lady with a walker today, and the O-Line still needs serious work a decade later, but Goff did well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Of course... but us fans are not the ones that have to hold him accountable.
We're supposed to be fans. Not his online assistant coaches.

He played his second nfl game on the road and played well. In fact, considering what all he had working against him, he was pretty damn good.

Yet the moment Vaccaro made that great play on the ball, Goff is getting criticism from those who were just waiting to get their jabs in.

No, he wasn't perfect. I never pretended he was. But I'm not holding him to outrageous stanards...
Fair enough.
That was a bad decision but he showed a lot today.
I fully expect a bad game or two before the year is out. He
Might have a typical rookie game with 4 pics. That could come any week and rough patches are to be expected. I thought he was certainly very good.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Last week was not our D's Fault.With the way our offense played,to blame the defense is wrong.How many points did we score in the second half?

the same amount we scored this week?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A learning experience that should have started at the very latest v Carolina after the buy.

And I think that's being generous. This year has been such a disappointment.