Jared Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Okay for Davis to have fire in the belly but not Cook... double standard.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was actually talking about the final pass of the game where he turns to Davis and throws his hands up in the air after the ball fell incomplete. I don't have a problem with fire and passion, but not when he's using it against his teammate instead of the other team.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I saw that too. It was the old "Dammit, I was open!" gesture.

Frankly (and I'm not trying to defend my defense of him), but I would be pissed too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was actually talking about the final pass of the game when it was going to Quick. Cook turned to Davis and threw his hands up in the air after the ball fell incomplete. I don't have a problem with fire and passion, but not when he's using it against his teammate instead of the other team.

Probably was pissed like the rest of us that we lost.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Cook is the best TE on the team. Yes, he has two drops on the season but he's also tearing the field up and a main reason the Rams have been making so many 1st downs.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He's not perfect, but he's a damn good receiving option for Davis. They all can't be Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis.

If he had better focus (and as a result, better hands) he could be close to those guys. That's what's disappointing about him. It's not that he sucks ... it's just that he could be elite and he's not there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Not saying he can't. I'm just saying that he's got to channel it against the opponent.

Probably was pissed like the rest of us that we lost.

Probably...but the fact that he shoved Davis on the sidelines during the Cowboys game didn't help my impression during the game

Oh, okay. Yeah, I saw that too. It was the old "Dammit, I was open!" gesture.

Frankly (and I'm not trying to defend my defense of him), but I would be pissed too.

Yeah, I can understand wanting the ball when the game's on the line, and he was open. But Davis never had time to look in at Cook; there was pressure in his face almost immediately.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he had better focus (and as a result, better hands) he could be close to those guys. That's what's disappointing about him. It's not that he sucks ... it's just that he could be elite and he's not there.
I hear ya. But two drops with the amount of targets he gets isn't too bad. Graham has one, Rudolph has 4, and Cook has 2. I never expected him to be elite. I just expected him to be a big, fast receiving target who can provide a decent downfield option.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I can understand wanting the ball when the game's on the line, and he was open. But Davis never had time to look in at Cook; there was pressure in his face almost immediately.
Yeah, I'm not blaming Davis for that either - hell of a game he played. Addressing your initial point, I don't think he has a personal problem with Davis. I obviously can't know that for sure though. Davis is a UDFA and Cook is a high priced FA, so the inverse is entirely possible as well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hear ya. But two drops with the amount of targets he gets isn't too bad. Graham has one, Rudolph has 4, and Cook has 2. I never expected him to be elite. I just expected him to be a big, fast receiving target who can provide a decent downfield option.

Maybe I'm just greedy. But I think Cook can be a guy that keeps opposing DCs up sweating at night and having nightmares when they do manage to fall asleep.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I'm not blaming Davis for that either - hell of a game he played. Addressing your initial point, I don't think he has a personal problem with Davis. I obviously can't know that for sure though. Davis is a UDFA and Cook is a high priced FA, so the inverse is entirely possible as well.

That's true. And I don't know that for sure either; I'm not in the locker room, after all. I don't know them enough. I like the fact that Cook's showing passion, and that's great. I like it when players care. I just don't like when they take out frustrations on teammates - especially a guy that Cook said in his press conference that he was "the leader". I just don't like seeing that in two consecutive games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maybe I'm just greedy. But I think Cook can be a guy that keeps opposing DCs up sweating at night and having nightmares when they do manage to fall asleep.

I'd put T Austin in that category too. We just haven't seen it - yet - consistently.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not really, more how he uses. Davis uses it to beat up on the other team. Cook uses it to beat up on himself and his teammates. Gotta agree that he needs to learn how to control it, nobody's denying him his right to be passionate, but turning it against your teammates is a big no-no that we all learn in the most basic level of competitive sports.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I kinda don't blame him. After Davis threw a lame duck to Kendricks in quadruple coverage and still caught it, I would be thumping my head to the wall. I wasn't so sure whether to be mad at Davis or laugh at the Iggles secondary that time.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Priceless... so we dog Cook/ Quick Pettis (side line ball) for not making catches were thier DB makes a play by getting his hands in between our receivers hands. Usually when that happens, the ball is late or short.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd put T Austin in that category too. We just haven't seen it - yet - consistently.

In Tavon's case, I'm not sure the coaching staff has fully figured out what to do with him. Really wish he'd get more reps on the outside.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Not really, more how he uses. Davis uses it to beat up on the other team. Cook uses it to beat up on himself and his teammates. Gotta agree that he needs to learn how to control it, nobody's denying him his right to be passionate, but turning it against your teammates is a big no-no that we all learn in the most basic level of competitive sports.

Totally disagree. You are the QB... Know you players; who you confront and who you have to let stew in their own crap..... AD was the only one dumb enough to go near Cook at that moment. 2 wrongs are still 2 wrongs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cook looked to me like he was about to have a melt down.....again. Good production, but key drops and weak mental health. Scary.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Totally disagree. You are the QB... Know you players; who you confront and who you have to let stew in their own crap..... AD was the only one dumb enough to go near Cook at that moment. 2 wrongs are still 2 wrongs.
He's a leader, he went to help his guy in his anger, I won't abide by trying to blame somebody for trying to be a leader, nor will I abide by calling trying to be a leader dumb. Cook can be angry, but he needs to control himself, shoving anybody is BS and you can try to blame AD all you want, but we all know Cook was well in the wrong, which is why he apologized, because he knew what he did was wrong.

If people are afraid that they'll be part of your temper tantrum when you're fussy then there's a problem, and it's called you.

ausmurp

Starter
we have something special in Alex Bayer. We should give him some playing time and see...