Jared Cook: This is the most excited I’ve ever been about a season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jared discusses how OTAs are going, the team’s new QB, what it’s like working with Lance Kendricks, and the how the rookie O-Line is doing. Cook: “this is the most excited I’ve ever been about a season in the NFL.”

Listen to Cook Interview

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
"Let's burn this thing up, baby!" love it.
Glad to hear the rookie OL's are getting better, starting to gel a bit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like the, "I wanna blow my last year numbers out the water", and the getting better line...sounds like he's ready to play some football

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've always liked Cook. He's got some fire and we need that on offense.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
With all the civil unrest, " burn this baby up" could be misconstrued.
I don't watch the "news". What civil unrest?

Also, you can post this audeio files as follows...

[av]http://download.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d8/dO/dJ/dE/18OJE_3.MP3[/av]
Code:
[av]http://download.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d8/dO/dJ/dE/18OJE_3.MP3[/av]

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dani Klupenger talks with tight end Jared Cook after OTAs. Cook talks about how OTA's went and says Nick Foles is building a great rapport with everyone.

Watch Cook Interview

FRO

Legend
If Jared Cook was just a little more focused he would be one of the top pass catching TEs in the game. He has to be the most frustrating player on our team. All the talent in the world, but mediocre results.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If Jared Cook was just a little more focused he would be one of the top pass catching TEs in the game. He has to be the most frustrating player on our team. All the talent in the world, but mediocre results.

We could also say the same about Tavon and Jenkins, Fro.

Frustrating with mediocre results, I mean.

Let's see how Tavon and Cook look while catching passes from Foles under the direction and play calling of Cigs.

Hard to judge either completely fairly catching passes from Clemens, Hill, and Davis for the last 25 games, don't you think? And don't get me started on Schotty...

As to Jenkins, maybe he pulls it all together this season. If he can't do so under GW, and with these D teammates, then I will have my doubts.

RamzFanz

Damnit
We could also say the same about Tavon and Jenkins, Fro.

Frustrating with mediocre results, I mean.

Let's see how Tavon and Cook look while catching passes from Foles under the direction and play calling of Cigs.

Hard to judge either completely fairly catching passes from Clemens, Hill, and Davis for the last 25 games, don't you think? And don't get me started on Schotty...

As to Jenkins, maybe he pulls it all together this season. If he can't do so under GW, and with these D teammates, then I will have my doubts.

Did Clemens ever throw a pass as a Ram?

I agree. Cook and Austin have flashed big. Everyone in the O skill positions has. Let's hope this is the complete package and no one will know where the next big play is coming from.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cook gets down on himself and checks out too easily. The guy is a quitter. If everything is not going his way you see him sulking on the bench. If you ask me the team would be better off without that type of personality on it. They need fighters. They need guys that shrug off the bad calls/plays.

I am not a Cook fan.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Might also help if seam routes didn't appear to be outlawed most of the time, too. Both he and Kendricks could be making a killing and opening things up for others simply running down the seam.

That said, I wish he were more of a quick twitch type.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cook gets down on himself and checks out too easily. The guy is a quitter. If everything is not going his way you see him sulking on the bench. If you ask me the team would be better off without that type of personality on it. They need fighters. They need guys that shrug off the bad calls/plays.

I am not a Cook fan.

I see it differently. He's often one of the more fiesty guys out there.

He's also statistically the best tight end in club history.

I think some people use his contract as a reason to elevate their expectations. Not saying you do that, Elm, but it's hard for me to understand why someone does not appreciate the fact he's a legit weapon on an offense that needs more of them.

Mamfm5

UDFA

I agree. Cook and Austin have flashed big. Everyone in the O skill positions has. Let's hope this is the complete package and no one will know where the next big play is coming from.

Clemens had 336 pass attempts over 3 years with the Rams. 242 with the current receivers sans Britt (2013)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see it differently. He's often one of the more fiesty guys out there.

He's also statistically the best tight end in club history.

I think some people use his contract as a reason to elevate their expectations. Not saying you do that, Elm, but it's hard for me to understand why someone does not appreciate the fact he's a legit weapon on an offense that needs more of them.

I understand that he is a great weapon. I just think he gets too down when things are not going well. I see what appears to be him sulking on the bench when the games out of hand or when a bad call goes against him, like the San Fran pass interference BS call.

I don't see the fight in him that you do either. On occasion he fights but in general his blocking is quite weak. The guy could be a monster if he wanted to.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

I'm very suprised that you didn't know that. A little upset, actually. I know you watched him in 2013 for 9 games.