Jared Cook Interview - 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]98303431[/101]

Transcribed by RamBill
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rams-news.com/rams-te-jared-cook-on-the-offense-and-working-with-sam-bradford-radio-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rams-news.com/rams-te-jared- ... interview/</a>

Rams TE Jared Cook on 101ESPN Radio with Randy K. and D’Marco Farr

**Working with Sam-- It’s a lot of fun…seeing all the new parts being put in place…Bailey/Austin …. Austin Pettis isone of the best WR’s that I’ve ever watch work…such a young talented guy. In one on one’s, route running…and learning the offense and being able to preach it back to the young guys…he’s the best receiver we have. Farr: I think he’s set for a breakout year.

**Preference: Slot or In-line? No preference…feel comfortable doing both…will be doing both…doesn’t matter. You can get a cleaner release in the slot.

**Excitement for You Being Here vs. with Titans– Seeing the coaches work to make everyone better is the key…they understand the roles they have for the players and they know what player is good at what…they’re building their offense around their players, not vice versa…there’s so many moving pieces…there’s so much detail in our offense…. that have a chance for everybody to be successful.

**Impressions of Sam before signing and have they changed? Everybody had told me about his accuracy/arm strength…I was like ok…but once we got out there throwing routes on air…I could probably count on one hand the times I’ve had to use my catch radius at all…he’s a smart guy…a great leader…if our pass session wasn’t as good as it was supposed to be…he’s gonna call us on it…we’ve got to pick it up…he’s not shy about it. I did a lot of work with him going into OTA’s, along with Lance Kendricks before he injured his knee.

**On Sam Being a Leader—Farr: It’s a different #8 this year than the last 3 years. Cook: Everything is falling into place the way it’s supposed to…everybody’s respecting him…everybody’s there to get better.

Cook recently got married and is working with the Kids Smart Push for Pencils Campaign, which he talked about in this interview

FRO

Legend
Very exciting to hear. The Cook/Bradford connection is going to be fun to watch. It's going to be nice to see Sam get to throw to playmakers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FRO said:
Very exciting to hear. The Cook/Bradford connection is going to be fun to watch. It's going to be nice to see Sam get to throw to playmakers.
That avatar is hilarious, btw.

You gonna go see the new Ron Burgundy movie? Just saw the trailer today at the movies.
I'm all over that as soon as it comes out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
FRO said:

You gonna go see the new Ron Burgundy movie? Just saw the trailer today at the movies.
Looks like he just get punched in the jejunum.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
FRO said:

lol. Never for me. Once in the coccyx though. :sly:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHulRDk__ko[/youtube]

FRO

Legend
X said:
FRO said:

I didn't pick the avatar, but I definitely approve. I think Step Brothers is his best movie.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
FRO said:

lol. Never for me. Once in the coccyx though. :sly:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHulRDk__ko[/youtube]
I almost posted the video, hilarious.

A55VA6

Legend
This Austin Pettis talk is coming from everywhere. I feel like he is going to have one hell of a season the way these guys automatically say Pettis is the best WR on the roster right now.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Wait, when did Kendricks injure his knee? Was this before OTAs and it's fine now?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/25/4364918/lance-kendricks-injury-rams-rehab-knee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/25/4 ... rehab-knee</a>
May 25 2013
St. Louis Rams tight end Lance Kendricks hasn't participated in OTAs this offseason because of a knee injury that has kept him sidelined.

The third-year tight end had a procedure done to clean up his knee a month ago and isn't ready to get back on the field yet, according to the Rams official blog. Kendricks should be ready to return by the start of training camp, but while OTAs continue, Kendricks will be rehabbing the knee.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
A55VA6 said:
This Austin Pettis talk is coming from everywhere. I feel like he is going to have one hell of a season the way these guys automatically say Pettis is the best WR on the roster right now.
I know I can't get over it. I'm not sure what Austin has been doing, but whatever it is, he's impressed the hell out of just about everyone. Maybe this will be a huge season for him. It might be one of those things where it all comes together for him and he just needed a couple of years to learn how to control his body and get positioning.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
brokeu91 thinking that the 3rd year's the charm:
A55VA6 said:
I know I can't get over it. I'm not sure what Austin has been doing, but whatever it is, he's impressed the hell out of just about everyone. Maybe this will be a huge season for him. It might be one of those things where it all comes together for him and he just needed a couple of years to learn how to control his body and get positioning.

Good thing too because we're gonna need him. I don't think Quick is ready to play a big role yet and Bailey is just a raw rookie who's going to need at least a year or two of seasoning IMO. Who knows how quickly Austin will pick up the nuances but at least with him you have intelligence and naturaly ability from the get go.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
More Pettis praise...love it....from one or two sources my skepticism would have remained....but everyone is praising him...my skepticism is gone....AP...Adrian Peterson nah.....Austin Pettis Bro lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
iBruce said:
Wait, when did Kendricks injure his knee? Was this before OTAs and it's fine now?

He had his knee scoped during OTAs. He's supposed to be fine for training camp.