Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
In a terrible friggin game for our TEAM, JJ came to play. He was pretty sticky in coverage, made some nice plays on some balls, and I thought had some tough brakes on penalties and non-calls. Also stuck his nose in on the run game a few times. I also gotta tip my hat to JL for a solid game in coverage and in the run game

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, they were a couple of the bright spots. As were McDonald (dammit), Pettis and Ogletree.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The coaching staff hasn't ruined JJ yet. It seems like the best players on this team are the young guys and the rookies. But the coaching has killed them.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
+1
I can't be too mad at the D in general. For the most part they kept it respectable. They need to figure out how to stop the run though. I think they are pressed with trying to make game changing plays out there as opposed to just playing solid D. The offense stinks to high heaven so they Defense needs to create offense. That's sad.

The defense is going up against a S.HIT offense in practice so you can expect them to be caught off guard when they see a team run a (GASP) screen pass or sweep. They are probably stuffing the RBs at the line of scrimmage in practice. Hell , 12 of us can probably force this offense to a couple 3 and outs.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah he was solid. I didn't pay much attention to Tru when he took over for Finnegan, but I don't think I remember any real bad plays from him either. Although its a bit of a blur at this point.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I wonder what the coaches said to him lately. This was the first game I recall seeing him play his main straight up. Meaning he wasn't watching the QB, his back was to him. Of course he got a couple PI's from it but he was much tighter in coverage.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
bwdenverram said:
I wonder what the coaches said to him lately. This was the first game I recall seeing him play his main straight up. Meaning he wasn't watching the QB, his back was to him. Of course he got a couple PI's from it but he was much tighter in coverage.

He was playing man coverage instead of zone. I was at the game and his two pi calls looked identical, the play looked identical, it was roughly in the same spot of the field, he had super tight coverage on Boldin. When the ball was thrown from my angle Jenkins coulda had... Nevermind.... but the pi calls weere bs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The only complaint I have about jj was that nasty face mask he did

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I'm no coach, but overall I thought Jenkins looked pretty good in tight man coverage. The pass interference calls were indeed BS, some were just perfect defensive plays.

There were some pretty obvious non calls on Rams receivers as well. I fathom the referees felt the game wasn't quite ugly enough for St. Louis.