Janoris Jenkins will be "a really good player really soon"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 15, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ally-soon/

[wrapimg=right]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/janorisram.jpg?w=159[/wrapimg]Jeff Fisher was confident when the Rams drafted Janoris Jenkins that they got a good NFL cornerback, and he’s even more confident about that now.

Fisher said on ESPN’s NFL 32 that the Rams did a tremendous amount of research into Jenkins — who was kicked off the Florida Gators football team after multiple arrests and was dropped on some teams’ draft boards because of character concerns — and that they heard universally good things about him.

“It started with the 15-minute interview at the Combine, and then the visit where we had him for the day. Believe me, no one did more research,” Fisher said. “Everyone we talked to along the road, whether it was in Pahokee, Florida, the University of Florida or people from North Alabama, everyone to a man said, ‘Take this young man.’ This stuff is behind him.”

Now that Fisher has had a chance to see Jenkins up close at the team’s rookie minicamp, he’s even more confident: Fisher says Jenkins has everything an NFL team looks for in a cornerback.

“He’s very talented — obviously we knew that, and that has shown just in the last couple days,” Fisher said. “He’s got excellent football intelligence and he carries things from the classroom to the field. He’s going to be a really good player really soon for us.”

And if Jenkins can stay out of trouble off the field, he should be a really good player for a long time.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Re: Janoris Jenkins will be "a really good player really soo

Let's just say he stays out of trouble and works hard on the field and off meaning watching tape learning etc this guy has probowl written all over him....then will have 2 shutdown corners for years to come if he turns out to beca bust who give a shit we got the pick from the RG3 trade anyway

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: Janoris Jenkins will be "a really good player really soo

I'm just going to assume he'll be a stud and we can concentrate on other positions of need in the future. This defense could be really really scary. I thought before that we were close to have a really good defense. Now I can't help but think we are going to tear some teams new assholes.