Janoris Jenkins should be the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Albert Breer

3) Janoris Jenkins should be the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

And that's not just about the St. Louis Rams cornerback's three pick-sixes, which are as many as Deion Sanders (the preeminent pick-sixer of all-time) ever had in a single season (Jenkins also has a fourth TD on a fumble return). I spoke with Rams folks this week, and though they conceded that he's had his moments gambling and missing, they said they feel that, on balance, he's been playing at a Pro Bowl level through this season, and cited a few different reasons. First, there's the degree of difficulty in the position he's put in as a man corner. Second, there's the fact that they already view him as one of the NFL's top tackling corners, evidenced best, perhaps, by how he ran down and stopped Peterson late against the Vikings in Week 15 to keep the Rams within two possessions. Third, there's how his big plays have, almost always, come in critical junctures. Now, St. Louis isn't out of the woods yet when it comes to this draft-day gamble; let's let the kid get through an offseason without incident first. But things are looking really good right now for a player many scouts put in the talent ballpark of Joe Haden and Darrelle Revis.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap100 ... s-validity

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Re: Janoris Jenkins should be the Defensive Rookie of the Ye

News Bot said:
Albert Breer

3) Janoris Jenkins should be the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

And that's not just about the St. Louis Rams cornerback's three pick-sixes, which are as many as Deion Sanders (the preeminent pick-sixer of all-time) ever had in a single season (Jenkins also has a fourth TD on a fumble return). I spoke with Rams folks this week, and though they conceded that he's had his moments gambling and missing, they said they feel that, on balance, he's been playing at a Pro Bowl level through this season, and cited a few different reasons. First, there's the degree of difficulty in the position he's put in as a man corner. Second, there's the fact that they already view him as one of the NFL's top tackling corners, evidenced best, perhaps, by how he ran down and stopped Peterson late against the Vikings in Week 15 to keep the Rams within two possessions. Third, there's how his big plays have, almost always, come in critical junctures. Now, St. Louis isn't out of the woods yet when it comes to this draft-day gamble; let's let the kid get through an offseason without incident first. But things are looking really good right now for a player many scouts put in the talent ballpark of Joe Haden and Darrelle Revis.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap100 ... s-validity

He also ran him down in the backfield and made a beautiful solo on him. Adrian Peterson that is.

Fuck the accolades. Jenks is use to the hate.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Thats 1 of the things people seem to ignore about Jenks, he is a damn good tackler. I wish he would wrap up better instead of throwin his shoulder blade at dudes, but he is effective and doesnt miss many.

nittany ram

Rookie

JJ is gonna be great and I'm estatic the Rams have him, but I think he was too inconsistent to be DROY. He had a period in the middle of the season where he was getting burned alot but he has rebounded nicley in recent weeks.

According to Bernie, opposing QB's have a 82 passer rating against him. They've completed 62 percent of their passes for 5 TD's and 4 INT's.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

We all love JJ. He's got a bright future with star potential.

He seems to be handling the transition to pro football well, but there's a reason he fell to the 2nd round.

Knowing his checkered past, I'd prefer his fame/recognition come in small doses.

If he's not DROY, that's fine with me.

(and I agree with nittany. he's been inconsistent at times)