Janoris Jenkins on Being Drafted by the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LOL. I love this kid already. When he screws up the line "Ima make plays on and off the field", and then makes a face like, "The hell did I just say???". I almost died. There's a point he made in this video though that makes sense too. He commented on the idea of surrounding himself with positive guys. There's plenty of those on this team, that's for sure.

Welcome to the Lou Janoris!

[espn]7864541[/espn]
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7864541

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3 minutes ago - by Ron Clements
Coach Jeff Fisher said the team did extensive research on CB Janoris Jenkins to ensure that his off-the-field issues are a thing of the past. That research included several interviews with people at the universities of Florida and North Alabama and also with folks in Jenkins' hometown of Pahokee, Fla. “Every person we talked to said, ‘Take him,'” Fisher said. “He's a great kid and exceptional football player.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-repo ... t/18866519

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams took a chance like this before with wroten and got screwed. but that was with linehan as hc, someone totally out of his depth to handle the position.

with fisher in charge i'm positive the rams just got the steal of the draft with this kid. so they passed on claiborne to take brockers and with that extra pick they end up getting jenkins, a cb almost as good as claiborne and isn't afraid to lay some wood when needed.

brockers and jenkins vs claiborne. looke like the rams came out way ahead.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ATHLETIC ABILITY / BACKPEDAL / HIPS - SECTION GRADE: 9.0
Jenkins is an elite athlete for a cornerback and enabled him to be a dominating
cornerback despite just adequate height. Excellent foot quickness, agil- ity and
flexibility shows up in a very quick and compact back-pedal. He is able to transition
out of pedal very quickly and has an explosive closing burst on passes. He has the loose
hips to turn and run without losing a step and the top end playing speed to stay on receiver’s
hip deep down the field.

M/M COVERAGE - OFF & TIGHT SECTION - GRADE: 8.5
Jenkins does an excellent job of punching receiver with hard jam to slow receiver’s release off the
LOS. He shows no hesitation keeping hands on receiver throughout route - Plays physical and can
get receiver off stem surpris- ing well to throw off timing of QB/WR. He can flip hips to turn
and run without losing a step and can stay on receiver’s hip out of breaks in tight coverage. He
has an excellent backpedal in “Off” coverage to keep receiver from clos- ing cushion, can “Click &
Close” out of pedal to close explosively on passes and has the ball skills to break up passes
consistently. The one area he struggled in M/M coverage in the games evaluated was when he tried
to press Alshon Jeffery and play physical with him. Jeffery was able to push Jenkins around to
create a little big of space, was easily able to catch high passes over Jenkins and then shrugged
off Jenkins tackle attempt to gain yards af- ter contact. His aggressiveness leads to him jumping
and biting on pump fakes, which allows receiver to get separation. He does have the explosive
burst and top end speed to recover and get back into good coverage position.

ZONE COVERAGE - SECTION GRADE: 8.5
Jenkins is instinctive in “Zone” coverage - Good feel for spacing and awareness for where
receivers are. He slides and moves well with- in area and can plant, drive and close on
passes in a heartbeat. He has the explosive closing burst that few cornerbacks
possess.

RUN / PASS RECOGNITION / INSTINCTS / SMARTS - SECTION GRADE: 8.5
Jenkins has excellent instincts which help him to consistently sniff out plays. He is outstanding
reading the quick bubble screen type pass to receiver behind the LOS, flies up the field and when
he stays under control he can make tackle right after the ball is caught. In tight M/M coverage he
has excellent awareness and feel which helps him to anticipate route while covering receiver.
Despite instincts, his aggressiveness leads to him jumping/biting on pump fakes, which he has to
avoid at the next level. While there is no doubt that Jenkins is football smart, the numerous bad
decisions made off the field raise real questions about his smarts in everyday life.

CLOSING / DEEP SPEED - SECTION GRADE: 8.5
Jenkins has rare playing speed to stay with any receiver on deep route and shows ball skills to go
up and make a play to break up pass. He has an explosive closing burst on the receiver to make play
on ball to break up pass.

BALL SKILLS / HANDS TO INTERCEPT & MAKE PLAY ON BALL - SECTION GRADE: 8.5
Jenkins has excellent ball skills to make play on ball to breakup and intercept
passes. He is very ag- gressive trying to break up passes - Does not show
hesitation to go through or over receiver to try and break up pass. He made it look
easy twisting body to adjust and make excellent plays on ball. .

RUN SUPPORT / TACKLING / WILLINGNESS TO HIT - SECTION GRADE: 6.5
Jenkins consistently comes up the field quickly on passes and runs in front of him.
He does not how- ever break down and tackle consistently and too often becomes a
reach and grab tackler. He has never been a violent, hard hitter, but when he stays under
control he can be a solid, wrap-up tackler.

-- Russ Lande

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Here is what I figure the in office conversation between Jenkins and Fisher to sound like.

Look man , you can't swing a dead cat in this room without hitting two people who've smoked a bunch of weed. We're on at least our third POTUS to have done it and maybe more,so don't get the idea THAT makes you a bad guy in my eyes or the eyes of 90% of your team mates.
You have an opportunity here to be whatever you decide you want to be, half the teams in the NFL think I'm crazy to draft you and I'm damn glad they do.
That said, this league is as much about image as it is about substance so I HAVE to live by their rules ,one of which as you well know is random drug testing and abiding by whatever penalties they hand down if you piss hot.
I don't intend that we facilitate you smoking shit but we will help you stay clean as much as we can.
The NFL has youth programs I encourage you to get envolved with where you can help kids stay clear of the problems that f-ed up your college career and when you see the difference in your contract vs. Mo Claiborns you can get a hold on how much money it's costing you.
Good news is though in three years you can be an ALL PRO and THEN you can cash in or maybe sooner .We have no problem paying stars.

NOW if you happen across some shit that is worth a million dollars, bring me some ,and I'll put it in my freezer and we can smoke it together when we both retire.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Here is what I figure the in office conversation between Jenkins and Fisher to sound like.

Look man , you can't swing a dead cat in this room without hitting two people who've smoked a bunch of weed. We're on at least our third POTUS to have done it and maybe more,so don't get the idea THAT makes you a bad guy in my eyes or the eyes of 90% of your team mates.
You have an opportunity here to be whatever you decide you want to be, half the teams in the NFL think I'm crazy to draft you and I'm damn glad they do.
That said, this league is as much about image as it is about substance so I HAVE to live by their rules ,one of which as you well know is random drug testing and abiding by whatever penalties they hand down if you piss hot.
I don't intend that we facilitate you smoking shit but we will help you stay clean as much as we can.
The NFL has youth programs I encourage you to get envolved with where you can help kids stay clear of the problems that f-ed up your college career and when you see the difference in your contract vs. Mo Claiborns you can get a hold on how much money it's costing you.
Good news is though in three years you can be an ALL PRO and THEN you can cash in or maybe sooner .We have no problem paying stars.

NOW if you happen across some shit that is worth a million dollars, bring me some ,and I'll put it in my freezer and we can smoke it together when we both retire.
Yeah. that sounds like Demoff. Dude's always ridin' dirty.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDyy5uYn5Q[/youtube]

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Two more interviews from the combine. I magically know how to embed these.

[flv]http://www.dallascowboys.com/flv/nfl/Jenkins_Interview_022812.flv[/flv]

[flv]http://prod.video.lions.clubs.nfl.com/DET/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/02-February/JanorisJenkins.flv[/flv]

LUL thanks for the embed again! :bign:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
LOL. I love this kid already. When he screws up the line "Ima make plays on and off the field", and then makes a face like, "The hell did I just say???". I almost died. There's a point he made in this video though that makes sense too. He commented on the idea of surrounding himself with positive guys. There's plenty of those on this team, that's for sure.

Welcome to the Lou Janoris!

[espn]7864541[/espn]
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7864541

That was hilarious. Sure hope this kid can distance himself from his past - permanently.