Janoris Jenkins gets limited practice work/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Janoris Jenkins gets limited practice work
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/13467/janoris-jenkins-gets-limited-practice-work

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- With a group of local military in attendance, the St. Louis Rams got back to work Friday afternoon before heading to Arizona to take on the Cardinals on Sunday.

One notable name back in the mix was cornerback Janoris Jenkins. Jenkins has been dealing with a knee injury the past two weeks and participated on a limited basis. He's officially listed as questionable on the injury report.

The rest of the injury report is fairly small in terms of players with statuses that might be in doubt.

Here's the full breakdown of Friday's report:

Doubtful: LB Daren Bates (groin).

Questionable: CB Janoris Jenkins (knee), S Cody Davis (concussion), CB Marcus Roberson (ankle).

Probable: TE Cory Harkey (knee), DE William Hayes (fibula), LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (toe), S Rodney McLeod (knee), CB E.J. Gaines (knee).

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I hope Jenkins is ready to go...or at least is able to suit up and be a backup.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
So ... JJ (knee), Roberson (ankle) , Gaines (knee) and Tru (knee) just barely coming back .... our CB situation looks pretty iffy against LF and crew in Az.

jap

Legend
Jenks is a tough sonofabitch. If he can convince he team doctors he can go, he will play. Furthermore, we will probably get his best work too. I know many here regard in in-form Tru as our best CB, but I still regard Jenks as the best when he is committed to playing well.

I recall last year when he played with back spasms that would have sidelined many a DB, and he produced ne of his very best efforts. Apparently, the spasms curbed his gambling aggressiveness to the point that he felt forced to play within his lessened limitations, and it paid off beautifully for the Rams. if he isn'y as confident with the knee, he will probably play much smarter too this weekend, and who doesn't want that?

jap

Legend
So ... JJ (knee), Roberson (ankle) , Gaines (knee) and Tru (knee) just barely coming back .... our CB situation looks pretty iffy against LF and crew in Az.

JJ is just being JJ. If he can move, he probably will play. Tru needs to get football tough again and re-establish his rhythm and timing. With Peyton looming on the horizon, this is a great time for our starters to get back into the flow. The rookies get their first real taste of playing with pain on the pros.

Carson has a great arm and QB mind. Despite his pedestrian straight-line speed, he has learned to slide around well enough in the pocket to buy time. I just hope our front four will destroy that pocket and provide him with no place to hide. :sneaky: With The Mighty One soaring down from the starboard side, William Hayes closing in from the port end, unblock-able Aaron and The Incredible Brock blasting straight ahead, I like our chances with just our front four alone . . . and even more with well-timed and well-disguised blitzes. Shut down that run game and smother Carson to death, and our offense should provide enough to take this game.

I refuse to downgrade the Cards. They did beat the 'Hawks in Seattle last year, and they are definitely coming together. However, we know them as well as we know the '9ers and 'Hawks, whereas we are a tough read with Sam & Chris down and backups coming out of nowhere to play solid roles. We have people on offense, defense, and special teams who are capable of dominating at any given game if things go well. Maybe I am off, but I believe we are starting to get a good flow going in the positive direction now.

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
JJ is just being JJ. If he can move, he probably will play. Tru needs to get football tough again and re-establish his rhythm and timing. With Peyton looming on the horizon, this is a great time for our starters to get back into the flow. The rookies get their first real taste of playing with pain on the pros.

Carson has a great arm and QB mind. Despite his pedestrian straight-line speed, he has learned to slide around well enough in the pocket to buy time. I just hope our front four will destroy that pocket and provide him with no place to hide. :sneaky: With The Mighty One soaring from the starboard side, William Hayes closing in from the port end, unblock able Aaron and The Incredible Brock blasting straight ahead, I like our chances with just our front four alone . . . and even more with well-timed and well-disguised blitzes. Shut down that run game and smother Carson to death, and our offense should provide enough to take this game.

I refuse to downgrade the Cards. They did beat the 'Hawks in Seattle last year, and they are definitely coming together. However, we know them as well as we know the '9ers and 'Hawks, whereas we are a tough read with Sam & Chris down and backups coming out of nowhere to play solid roles. We have people on offense, defense, and special teams who are capable of dominating at any given game if things go well. Maybe I am off, but I believe we are starting to get a good flow going in the positive direction now.
I have the good feeling too ... but I'm just so gun shy with all the damn injuries this team takes on ... year after year. It's like a curse!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Other reports I've read have him out for Sunday.
I would be delighted if he makes it on the field. As others have said, even with a limited role.

jap

Legend
Other reports I've read have him out for Sunday.
I would be delighted if he makes it on the field. As others have said, even with a limited role.

Last year when he played with back spasms, I don't believe he practiced the week leading up to that game. You always have to err on the side of the player's health, but Jenks has already demonstrated he's a gamer.

Penguin.

Rookie
Janoris Jenkins -> Gaines -> Johnson

Those are our best corners in that order. IF Jenkins doesn't get too stingy

RamzFanz

Damnit

Carson has a great arm and QB mind. Despite his pedestrian straight-line speed, he has learned to slide around well enough in the pocket to buy time. I just hope our front four will destroy that pocket and provide him with no place to hide. :sneaky: With The Mighty One soaring down from the starboard side, William Hayes closing in from the port end, unblock-able Aaron and The Incredible Brock blasting straight ahead, I like our chances with just our front four alone . . . and even more with well-timed and well-disguised blitzes. Shut down that run game and smother Carson to death, and our offense should provide enough to take this game.

Damn straight. The most important points you made were "well-timed and well-disguised blitzes" and "Shut down that run game and smother Carson to death".

Not only are those important, I think Rams lose if they don't do them. The well disguised blitzes have come a long way. They are disguising like pro-bowlers! Well timed has not happened so much.

Shut down the run game is there.

If the Rams hold off the blitzes, they can collapse the pocket where Palmer lives and have the players to stop the hot reads. Scramble Palmer and Rams win.

lockdnram21

Legend
Janoris Jenkins -> Gaines -> Johnson

Those are our best corners in that order. IF Jenkins doesn't get too stingy
I disagree Tru> janoris> Gaines.

I expect Tru to regain form. Last game was his first. I like Gaines but I wouldn't anoint him 2nd yet. Janoris has potential to be the best. Just has to be consistent