Janoris Jenkins Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
There was a lot to like about yesterday - but Jenkins was one of the standouts. He takes some abuse from Rams fans, but can we not see that he was one of the best players on the field yesterday? The Cardinals were clearly trying to target Tru (and stay away from Jenkins) - but he was all over the place.

Obviously, the INT was a special play - and should be oogled over - but his game was much more than that. He sticks his nose in there in run support and he just blankets guys out there. Fans get upset over soft cushions - but thats a coaching choice. He didn't get his head around on the PI call, but it was a pretty ticky tacky PI call. I wonder if the team can help the secondary out a bit by yelling from the bench when the ball comes out? We seem to get a good dose of plays where our corners don't know the ball is headed their way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It didn't look to me they were tagetting Tru as much as they stacked 3 wr on his side and would use the fact we almost never lined up in triple coverage there. We would line Tru on one guy and Joyner and McLeod seemed to play a zone on the others. They'd run a lot of crossing routes and pick plays forcing the dbs to come up and make the tacles.

jjab360

Legend
Jenkins was a beast and has been all season. Definitely proved me wrong when I said TruJo was better. Johnson wasn't getting burned all day, smh.

Re-sign that man asap, it looks like the light has come on for him and he's gotten rid of those big plays given up every other game and his run support is worlds better.

jjab360

Legend
There was a lot to like about yesterday - but Jenkins was one of the standouts. He takes some abuse from Rams fans, but can we not see that he was one of the best players on the field yesterday? The Cardinals were clearly trying to target Tru (and stay away from Jenkins) - but he was all over the place.

Obviously, the INT was a special play - and should be oogled over - but his game was much more than that. He sticks his nose in there in run support and he just blankets guys out there. Fans get upset over soft cushions - but thats a coaching choice. He didn't get his head around on the PI call, but it was a pretty ticky tacky PI call. I wonder if the team can help the secondary out a bit by yelling from the bench when the ball comes out? We seem to get a good dose of plays where our corners don't know the ball is headed their way.
I read an interview once when we drafted JJ that he usually listens to crowd noise to know when the ball is in the air.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jenkins was excellent has been excellent so far this season

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jenkins wasn't being avoided but I think Palmer definitely lost confidence in throwing his way. Can't wait to see him next week. Maybe the bulb has lit

RamWoodie

Legend
Here's the real deal...

*They didn't throw at Jenkins because he had good coverage and he's been doing that all year so far.

*They didn't target Tru either though. Tru had a good game also.

*The Cards made their money getting their WRs/RBs matched up against Ram LBs. How many times did we see Ogletree matched up against Brown and Fitz?

What's going on is Jenkins AND Tru are excellent CBs and steady getting better as well as the safety tandem of McDonald and McCleod with Barron who are all big hitters.

What bugs me sometimes is they are hitting a bit too much without wrapping up which leads to missed tackles.

Jenkins had a GREAT game BUT the defense OVERALL played well because they kept the Cards between the 20's and limited them to field goals!​

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
good game but he also got twisted around on the Cardinals last possession and Palmer had Brown open on the sideline for a first down around our 30 and overthrew it

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Here's the real deal...

*They didn't throw at Jenkins because he had good coverage and he's been doing that all year so far.

*They didn't target Tru either though. Tru had a good game also.

*The Cards made their money getting their WRs/RBs matched up against Ram LBs. How many times did we see Ogletree matched up against Brown and Fitz?

What's going on is Jenkins AND Tru are excellent CBs and steady getting better as well as the safety tandem of McDonald and McCleod with Barron who are all big hitters.

What bugs me sometimes is they are hitting a bit too much without wrapping up which leads to missed tackles.

Jenkins had a GREAT game BUT the defense OVERALL played well because they kept the Cards between the 20's and limited them to field goals!​
^^^^^^^
THIS....... ;)

Go Rams......... ;)

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Jenkins and Tru are both awesome. Having said that, I definitely would prefer Jenkins. They are comparable players, but Jenkins has more big play potential. He does get burned sometimes. But that happens to every corner that consistently goes up against the league's best WRs. I'm not convinced he gives up any more big plays than most other #1 CBs. But he definitely creates more turnovers. And with our safeties continuing to improve in all aspects - including coverage, notwithstanding Johnson sneaking behind us yesterday for a score - that should only help Jenks.

I do worry, however, if the light has actually come on for Jenkins or if it is just the case of raising one's game in a contract year...

jap

Legend
A real test for Jenks next weekend against Aaron, who schooled him badly the last time they faced each other. Let's see how much Jenks has grown when dealing with elite QB's.