Janoris Jenkins denies rift with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Aaron Wilson
NFL reporter
http://profootball.scout.com/2/1200668.html

[textarea]Janoris Jenkins' representatives have denied that the St. Louis Rams rookie cornerback agreed to hire a business manager recommended by Rams coach Jeff Fisher prior to the NFL draft. Such an agreement isn't allowed under the guidelines of the NFL collective bargaining agreement.[/textarea]
[wrapimg=left]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/59/596800.jpg[/wrapimg]"At no point before, during or after the 2012 NFL draft was there ever any promise from us to the Rams that Janoris would hire a specific financial advisor," Jenkins' representatives from Dimensional Sports said in a statement to Scout.

According to a Yahoo! Sports article, Fisher had extracted a promise from Jenkins' agent, Malik Shareef, during the NFL draft to hire Lou Taylor of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment.

Among the clients Taylor has worked with previously: Fisher, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, boxer Michael Moorer and the estate of the late NFL quarterback Steve McNair.

Prior to hiring an agent, Jenkins has been represented since January by Rich DeLuca of Merrill Lynch. DeLuca remains his financial advisor.

Taylor told Yahoo! that she doesn't work for Jenkins.

Meanwhile, the Jenkins camp denied having any rift with Fisher.

"I'm excited about playing for Jeff Fisher," Jenkins said in a statement. "I have a lot of respect for him and he's a great guy. He's a highly respected coach in this league."

Drafted in the second round by the Rams, Jenkins was dismissed from the University of Florida football program after being arrested twice for possession of marijuana and once for his involvement in a bar fight. He finished his collegiate career at North Alabama.

Jenkins was once projected as a first-round draft selection, but fell to 39th overall primarily because of his past off-field problems. Jenkins hasn't gotten into further trouble since leaving Florida and has repeatedly promised that he's a changed man.

"Janoris is happy with his situation, happy with his coaches and is ready and focused on preparing for his first NFL training camp," Jenkins' representatives said. "Janoris has been a model citizen for literally a year and a half, and since getting to St. Louis."

Last year, Jenkins was a second-team All-American selection who finished second nationally with a 21.7 punt return average as he returned three punts for touchdowns. Jenkins also recorded 53 tackles, two interceptions, four pass deflections and two fumble recoveries.

For the Gators, the former freshman All-American selection had 121 tackles, eight interceptions and 25 pass deflections in 36 career starts.

Jenkins has yet to agree to terms on his rookie contract. The Rams' rookies are scheduled to report July 24 with the rest of the team scheduled to report July 28.

The Rams have signed eight of their 10 draft picks, including first-round defensive tackle Michael Brockers. Third-round cornerback Trumaine Johnson also remains unsigned.

Drafted 39th overall last year, Tennessee Titans outside linebacker Akeem Ayers signed a $4.926 million contract that included a $2.082 million signing bonus.

"Contract talks are going fine," Shareef said. "We fully expect to have Janoris' deal done soon."

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ya had to know this was coming, so we wait and maybe never get the truth, but I think the thread that started this subject is indicative of the mood ,the fan base won't be very tolerant of him if he demonstrates he is going to have issues.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't give a rat's ass about the fan base's tolerance. I don't so much care about the truth either, so long as Jenkins is signed in time for training camp, avoiding any bad blood between him and the FO/Fisher, and he continues to stay out of trouble.

I will gladly retract my earlier post if this turns out to be a tempest in a teapot.

Anonymous

IMO? This is the agent doing PR work after discovering his client is a big mouth.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
I don't give a rat's ass about the fan base's tolerance. I don't so much care about the truth either, so long as Jenkins is signed in time for training camp, avoiding any bad blood between him and the FO/Fisher, and he continues to stay out of trouble.

I will gladly retract my earlier post if this turns out to be a tempest in a teapot.
I'll gladly retract your earlier post as well :cool:
Yeah at this point IMO it's all agent shizzle, but see I care about fan base cuz I are one.

Regardless WHAT the truth is ,it's out there and even if Jenkins sponsors the Moron Tab and Apple Choir world tour this story is gonna stick to him with enough people he's half way to PacMan status az we speek.

It's sad IMO we even need to meddle in the guys affairs , makes me feal icky.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
It's all just a bunch of worthless dribble. Jenkins is gonna be fine, he'll be signed before camp, and go on to earn defensive rookie of the year honors.

GO RAMS!!!!