Janoris Jenkins declines to meet with media --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Janoris Jenkins declines to meet with media
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12601/janoris-jenkins-declines-to-meet-with-media

ST. LOUIS -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams' 31-17 loss to the San Francisco 49ers:

Jenkins keeps it moving: Cornerback Janoris Jenkins was on the wrong end of an 80-yard touchdown pass to Niners receiver Brandon Lloyd with 14 seconds left in the first half, a play that changed the outlook of the game. But Jenkins declined to explain what happened on the play, departing the locker room before speaking to the media. A Rams media relations staffer attempted to get Jenkins to speak but those pleas fell on deaf ears.

Davis blames himself: On the complete opposite side of the accountability spectrum, Rams quarterback Austin Davis spoke to the media at length and pinned the blame on himself for the team's loss. The clearly disappointed Davis finished 21-of-42 for 236 yards with a touchdown and an interception in his toughest test as a starter. He wasn't the only player at fault in a game where there was plenty of blame to cast.

Chatting with Long: Rams coach Jeff Fisher spent a couple of minutes speaking to Hall of Fame defensive lineman Howie Long before entering his news conference. Long, of course, is the father of injured defensive end Chris Long.

fancents86

Starter
Wasn't Davis's fault, he's done great with what he's been thrown into. This was a team loss. Just like every other loss.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Jenkins keeps it moving: Cornerback Janoris Jenkins was on the wrong end of an 80-yard touchdown pass to Niners receiver Brandon Lloyd with 14 seconds left in the first half, a play that changed the outlook of the game. But Jenkins declined to explain what happened on the play, departing the locker room before speaking to the media. A Rams media relations staffer attempted to get Jenkins to speak but those pleas fell on deaf ears.

I'm hoping that was because of embarrassment. The kid has shown that he can lock people down, it's just when he gets a taste of his pick sixes that he starts to gamble more.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Jenkins was part of the problem, I don't blame him. His playstyle works like a double-edged sword, giving big plays to either team. That should be a huge wake-up call for him to not bite the route on prevent defense. Biting the juke has always been a bad habit throughout his career.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Jenkins play is just one indicator of this horribly undisciplined and poorly coached team. I'm off of the Fisher band wagon for sure and I'm sure this is the beginning of the end of his coaching career.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
It's a litte harsh in my view to describe Jenkins leaving the locker room without speaking to the media and then following that with "On the complete opposite side of the accountability spectrum.." in reference to Davis. Just because he didn't want to speak to the media, doesn't mean he isn't taking responsibility for a mistake. He could have apologised to his team mates before the media were allowed access for all we know. Not everything has to be played out in public

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
It's a little harsh in my view to describe Jenkins leaving the locker room without speaking to the media and then following that with "On the complete opposite side of the accountability spectrum.." in reference to Davis. Just because he didn't want to speak to the media, doesn't mean he isn't taking responsibility for a mistake. He could have apologised to his team mates before the media were allowed access for all we know. Not everything has to be played out in public

Philly5

Rookie
JJ is a really dumb football player. There is a time and place to jump moves. That was not it.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Probably his best move. Better to walk away than say something stupid.

I am sure that Davis used the standard quotes, but good to see the kid acting like a leader - which you expect from a QB.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
That was an awful play. That changed the whole game. It deflated the dome, that's for sure. The whole attitude changed with the crowd. We went from going into the locker room up 14-3 to 14-10 with SF getting the ball first in the second half. It's always something. Always.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
J.J was probably upset and didn't trust himself to regulate what he was going to say. The fact he didn't want to speak with the media does show a degree of immaturity, but I'd say that's a reflection of most the team. Players know exactly what to say after a loss it's like they've been trained to be politically correct by some professional spin doctor. What I have been seeing too much is the media getting butt hurtaand trying to play the victims when the situation really wasn't that bad.

Speeps

Starter
My Question is, where was the safety on that play? Unless they were in a cover 4 scheme, but for some reason, on that play, instead of the defense backing up, they were moving towards the line of scrimmage. All kinds of mess. This defense is just not working right now.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm beginning to think when True gets back that him and Gaines need to start with JJ in the nickel. All his gambling has resulted in big play after big play for the other team vs one pick 6 in two years. I don't buy the argument that he doesn't have safety help. He should know that pre-snap and not let his man get behind him or get caught looking in the backfield.

What's the count for games which Jenkins has cost us so far 4? 5? Sick of watching him now, once Johbson comes back Jenkins should be limited to kick off returns, see if he can follow instructions there both letting him play CB again.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well FWIW the post game analysis by Young, Dilfer and Ray Lewis highlighted the safety crashing the middle on that play ,I don't know if JJ was counting on over the top help but there was none ,he bit for sure but Kaepernick saw the safety come down.

But FWIW, for the guy who had 19 sacks last year to have none after 5 games is something a statistician would say is something other than random and I am beginning to believe that Greg Williams might be in the NFL's cross hairs

AZRamsFan93

Wasn't Davis's fault, he's done great with what he's been thrown into. This was a team loss. Just like every other loss.
Agreed. It was a team loss. To be clear Davis is at fault, the same as the rest of his teammates.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was an awful play. That changed the whole game. It deflated the dome, that's for sure. The whole attitude changed with the crowd. We went from going into the locker room up 14-3 to 14-10 with SF getting the ball first in the second half. It's always something. Always.

Deflated the dome? The dome was already deflated before the game even started, there were a lot of empty seats.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JJ's play, with :25 seconds to go, makes me wonder what his & Williams' wonderlic scores were...Seriously...

Philly5

Rookie
I wouldn't call him dumb, the play calling on that one was pretty suspect though.

He jumps moves all the time. Makes some big plays, but we have also seen plenty of times when a WR running free results. 80 yards to go, 30 seconds in the half, up 14-3, the last thing we needed was a WR running free. Making a play on the ball vs jumping a route are different things. Jumping it was just dumb.