Janoris and Quick still not practicing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Don't think so. Thought I saw something that said they were taking guys very slow (especially with 90 guys available so it just means more guys get reps). This is the time to NOT lose guys to soft tissue injuries and Fish wants to start the season STRONG, so he's planning this preseason accordingly. You can see it. He's getting the team ready like a veteran team to be healthy all season long. He doesn't want to start them slightly dinged up as if they've played 2-3 games already like some teams start.

Saw a mention that they wanted to hold out Jenkins. Some of it may be coaching as well. Dunno. Quick may be to ensure he doesn't get overworked in practice and to make sure he gets rest from any dings he's accumulated.

RamWoodie

Legend
No use aggravating injuries in camp. Take every precaution and action necessary to have them ready for the opener. Err on the side of caution!!!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The word I heard is Quick is dealing with tightness in his back, and Jenkins is hampered with muscle strain (slight) in his lower leg. As others have said, nothing serious, just giving them a chance to fully recover before putting them back out there.

Also Saffold is dealing with a "stinger" in his left shoulder, not the reported HAND/WRIST injury per Wagoner.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Heal up before preseason game one, what's the point of fighting through a stinger with the potential to make it worse for camp?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
We have enough competition at both positions, so I'm cool with letting a couple guys rest up. Gives the other guys time to shine. Quick has done his share of that so far this offseason. Plus, the corners need more attention. With Jenkins resting, guys like Gaines, Roberson and Reid should get more attention.