Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Other than being our OL's weakest link, he looks fine. You want a little girth to the big guys in the trenches. They are harder to move.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Hey, as long as he's not out there flashing the floppies, it's all good, imo
(yeah, I know it's been posted tons already, but idgaf)

andre-smith_crop_north.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdw9-HmYuk

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It's kind of weird, but a person can be in great shape; strong, fast, endurance; but eat a lot and have a coat of fat around them. For example, boxing is a very taxing sport round after round; try punching a heavy bag 3 minutes straight over and over and over. Then, think of fat George Foreman. Somehow, he could go the distance in his professional fights in his older years. He was fat, but in tremendously good shape at the same time physically.
The heavy bag is underrated exercise :)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's kind of weird, but a person can be in great shape; strong, fast, endurance; but eat a lot and have a coat of fat around them. For example, boxing is a very taxing sport round after round; try punching a heavy bag 3 minutes straight over and over and over. Then, think of fat George Foreman. Somehow, he could go the distance in his professional fights in his older years. He was fat, but in tremendously good shape at the same time physically.

Sports science did a bit of why fat guys generate more punching power.

The physics of it was interesting to me...and it's true. Fat guys do generate more rotational power.

It's why fat guys can pitch fast, too. Guys like Bartolo Colon, CC Sabathia... Fernando Valenzuela...

It's counterintuitive, but fun stuff.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I honestly think that Jamon gets too much flak around here. He's very young, and - along with Havenstein - should be re-signed to long-term contracts.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I honestly think that Jamon gets too much flak around here. He's very young, and - along with Havenstein - should be re-signed to long-term contracts.

I just saw on The Rams page Jamon Brown working with 130# dumbbells.Dude is working hard !! He has Tom Raths trust , & working system. He might have come into camp heavy, but it should help him keep the weight as he bulks up. It is a contract year for him & he is bitter he was a 3rd rd pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I could see Jamon being allowed to hit free agency this offseason. Then sign and move Havenstein to guard and start Noteboom at ORT for a year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I could see Jamon being allowed to hit free agency this offseason. Then sign and move Havenstein to guard and start Noteboom at ORT for a year.

Yeah, its not very often a team returns its line intact for 3 years in a row. 2 years is probably not very common too. Some of these guys are going to have to be replaced. Picking one with your first pick was a good move.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Yeah, its not very often a team returns its line intact for 3 years in a row. 2 years is probably not very common too. Some of these guys are going to have to be replaced. Picking one with your first pick was a good move.
Resigning Roger Saffold back in 2019 will be near impossible after $$$ paid out this FA period...15 mil a yr to Solder , 14 mil a yr to Norwell, 12 mil a yr to Glenn, 11 mil a yr to Stanley, 10 mil a yr to Jensen, Richburg & Pugh. The only OL'er who might have outplayed Saffold in 2017 was Norwell.

I am leaning to believe that OG Jamon Brown will be much easier to resign than we think. RT Rob Havenstien is the most consequential of all the next UFA OL resigns. One might think that the future plan would be to make a big effort to get JB & RG back under contract long term. Rams have already locked up center John Sullivan through 2019. Prep Noteboom for the specific crucial LT duties & flip veteran experienced Jamon Brown to LG to pair up with young LT Noteboom. Groom rookies Demby or Allen to start @ RG & pair up with Veteran Havenstein. With the ideal to set these younger starters in-between the more experienced OL starters. When Sullivan's contract is done Brain Allen inserted into center.

Thus making our starting OL in 2019 look like the below:

LT- Noteboom
LG- Brown
OC- Sullivan
RG- Demby or Allen
RT- Havenstein

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think Brown looks fine in the picture.

That said, I'm not completely convinced that he couldn't be beat out this summer.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Brown looks fine in the picture.

That said, I'm not completely convinced that he couldn't be beat out this summer.

With a statement like this ?? I’d say California is Mary J friendly for sure.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But I hate lemon jelly. Couldn't we go with grape?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Resigning Roger Saffold back in 2019 will be near impossible after $$$ paid out this FA period...15 mil a yr to Solder , 14 mil a yr to Norwell, 12 mil a yr to Glenn, 11 mil a yr to Stanley, 10 mil a yr to Jensen, Richburg & Pugh. The only OL'er who might have outplayed Saffold in 2017 was Norwell.

I am leaning to believe that OG Jamon Brown will be much easier to resign than we think. RT Rob Havenstien is the most consequential of all the next UFA OL resigns. One might think that the future plan would be to make a big effort to get JB & RG back under contract long term. Rams have already locked up center John Sullivan through 2019. Prep Noteboom for the specific crucial LT duties & flip veteran experienced Jamon Brown to LG to pair up with young LT Noteboom. Groom rookies Demby or Allen to start @ RG & pair up with Veteran Havenstein. With the ideal to set these younger starters in-between the more experienced OL starters. When Sullivan's contract is done Brain Allen inserted into center.

Thus making our starting OL in 2019 look like the below:

LT- Noteboom
LG- Brown
OC- Sullivan
RG- Demby or Allen
RT- Havenstein

The Rams signed Sullivan when he was 31, with some durability concerns and didn't break the cap. Rodger Saffold will be 30 next year with a history of shoulder issues.

Solder is 30, but is a left tackle. Jensen is 27, Norwell is 26, Corey Glenn is 28, Pugh is 27, Richburg is 26. Saffold has been a Ram lifer, with the exception of a few weeks as a Raider. I don't think that it is a sure thing that Saffold is a goner next year. Of the current Olinemen, Brown would be the least desirable of Saffold, Havenstein, and Brown, to retain. I think other teams would go after the younger players first. Who would you give a four or five year contract to?

I expect Saffold to stick around. Brown will be gone and it's a good possibility Havenstein will too. The 2019 OLine could be:

Whitworth
Saffold
Sullivan
Blythe
Noteboom

Noteboom
Saffold
Allen
Blythe/Demby
Draftee

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why not just cream filled with extra chocolate glaze ?

/wretch

Van Wilder completely ruined that.

If you've seen it, you know what I mean. I won't go into details...