Jamon Brown Moving To LG?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something else to consider. Both Wichmann and Reynolds are probably better off at RG, too.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'm okay with Brown LG. This way the O-Line "levels out" so to speak having Saffold next to Havenstein, and alleviates having two rookies side-by-side. I did see some really good play by Rhaney too. My guess for week one will be GRob-Brown-Jones-Saffold-Havenstein.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So after last night's game I gotta say JB is special. I understand now why the staff is so high on him. He can play either side easily well and he plays with awareness of a player who is not intimidated by this level. The dude is going to be an impact player for this line this season.

HStein is solid, just like many thought he'd be. Not a finished product and he's gonna improve through the year, but he's a guy who will be ok outside of the occasional game against a defense with a high end LDE when he will need TE assistance. Really like his serious nature in interviews and the way he takes the game seriously, so no change here still think the Rams got a solid pro who is going to start a lot of games at RT for the Rams.

Saffold of course is the enormous question mark but I presume he will at least be good to start the Seattle game. Still, it seems the staff is preparing for him missing time by sliding JB over, and at this point I am interpreting that as a compliment to JB and how well he's played.

Center is another question mark but I do think once they make a decision it is not going to be this line's primary issue.

LT is actually my biggest concern right now. As much as I like GRob at this point I'm thinking we're gonna see some ups and downs with him this season. Didn't expect that, but on the plus side he is a hard worker and should get where he needs to be and in addition Battle was a shrewd pickup. Yeah he's still raw but played a lot better outside of his penalty last night.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rhaney actually looks pretty good at guard.
Allow him to take advantage of his athletic ability without having to snap the ball and worry about pesky line calls. With Rhaney and Reynolds the Rams depth at G is actually not bad.

fearsomefour

Legend
Except Saffold played better at RG in 2013 than he did LG in 2014. The injury might have played into that but they may feel confident enough in Jamon Brown to put him on the blind-side and let Saffold play the spot he's better at.
I understand the reasoning behind it.
It is a concern to me that we are this far into the preseason and they are making changes. If they knew Saffold was superior at RG why not make plans going forward with him at RG.
Thankfully it appears Brown can switch sides. With Rhaney playing solidly at G and Reynolds as well the depth at G is solid.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Havenstein seemed to struggle more than any other starter on the line last night. What if Saffold comes back at RT?

Alan

Legend
How was our run blocking? From any of them. There seems to be a lot of accolades being given to our O-line members for simply keeping Foles alive. I'm definitely still in "wait and see" mode. Did anyone see any good run blocking by our starters/first string temporary replacements?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Havenstein seemed to struggle more than any other starter on the line last night. What if Saffold comes back at RT?
Bit of an overreaction. We need guard more and Havenstein had to have a bad night eventually, he had two good nights prior.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Bit of an overreaction. We need guard more and Havenstein had to have a bad night eventually, he had two good nights prior.
I'm just asking a question for discussion. Not really overreacting to anything.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand the reasoning behind it.
It is a concern to me that we are this far into the preseason and they are making changes. If they knew Saffold was superior at RG why not make plans going forward with him at RG.
Thankfully it appears Brown can switch sides. With Rhaney playing solidly at G and Reynolds as well the depth at G is solid.

Because you don't want to toss a struggling rookie into the OG spot on a QB's blind-side? Brown proved he can handle it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Something else to consider. Both Wichmann and Reynolds are probably better off at RG, too.

Dont know about Wichmann - but I believe Reynolds is exclusively a RG/RT - although seemingly better at RG between the two.

I think this whole thing has more to do with Jamon Brown being even better than they anticipated - it's a good news move if you ask me.