Jamon Brown Moving To LG?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The title of this thread does not connect with the tweets by JT.
Or am I missing something?

FRO

Legend
As I mentioned in the GDT it sort of sucks they decided with camp pretty well over. I do like Saffold better at RG.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rhaney at RG....oh boy....2 series for Nick please, then get him outta there while we work out the kinks

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If true, then I hope this would be about putting players in their best positions and not just placing Saffold in the best position to play with one arm again this season.:confused:

FRO

Legend
If true, then I hope this would be about putting players in their best positions and not just placing Saffold in the best position to play with one arm again this season.:confused:
I'm worried the latter is the case. If they felt Brown was better at LG and Saffold at RG I would have to think they would have went into camp with that lineup so they could build chemistry.

fearsomefour

Legend
6'2, 300 lbs seems really small for an OG imo.
He was listed for the draft at 301 lbs. They never update the weight things. I doubt he is below 315 now. It is about maintaining leverage and reading what is happening with stunts ect.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the first moment I may be buying into the fact that the Rams coaches are.....dumb.

Except Saffold played better at RG in 2013 than he did LG in 2014. The injury might have played into that but they may feel confident enough in Jamon Brown to put him on the blind-side and let Saffold play the spot he's better at.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think it's probably because they've been so impressed with Brown that they feel comfortable with him on the left side and they also feel he'll be able to stay healthy the whole year unlike Saffold. Might as well keep him there so he gets used to the position and they aren't scrambling during the season to when Saffold goes down again which would mean Brown would be getting used to LG in the middle of the season as opposed to now.

I'm actually okay with this move.

Edit: One other thing I just thought of, they might also be thinking that there's also a benefit to having a vet next to each rookie as opposed to having two rookies next to each other. I still think my initial thoughts are the biggest reason, though.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rhaney actually looks pretty good at guard.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All offseason my assumptions were that Roger plays RG because of how well he did there and because it's nice to have a vet next to the rookie RT. The way they tried to put him at LG tells me they're probably more concerned with GRob, since I see no other reason to do it that way. But who knows of course maybe Brown's been so good they think him and GRob will be outstanding next to each other.

At this point all I care about is whether Roger can play most of the season. There will be a big difference in this line against Seattle if he's in there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saffold will play RG when healthy? When is that?
March?