James Laurinaitis on Rams’ Defense “We have to grow up.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love Laurinaitis's comment " There's nothing like playing on the ROAD, when the only thing you can hear is your Team cheering because the HOME Team has gone silent, because your winning!" Can you imagine 'Silencing the Eagles Crowd!?' I'm looking forward to this!:D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This week is going to be a big test, and for JL too. He is gong to have to have a good day all around, especially in pass defense.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Am I crazy, or does this matchup feel like we could be playing the Eagles at just the right time? They have a banged up o-line and QB, lost on the road to the 9ers after having a hefty lead, and will be facing a team that has steadily improved this season. Predictions be damned, I say we can be victorious on Sunday

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I think talk about Laurinaitis being soft in the past was an exaggeration. I can't help but wonder this year, watching him, if he's playing hurt or something. He's legitimately not hitting the hole hard an easily blocked from what I've seen. He's always been effective but not a pure thumper. This year, I'm honestly wondering about him. Just not seeing it so far. Hope he gets it together because he's one of my favorites. Just being honest about what I see.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think talk about Laurinaitis being soft in the past was an exaggeration. I can't help but wonder this year, watching him, if he's playing hurt or something. He's legitimately not hitting the hole hard an easily blocked from what I've seen. He's always been effective but not a pure thumper. This year, I'm honestly wondering about him. Just not seeing it so far. Hope he gets it together because he's one of my favorites. Just being honest about what I see.

TBH I'm seeing what I always see from JL. Maybe he's not quite up to game speed yet with having missed some time pre-season and camp due to that surgery to clean up his ankle but hes not and is never going to be a run stuffing MLB. He's a smart, cerebral linebacker with really good sideline to sideline mobility and coverage skills.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ok, this is from bleacher report but so not sure how accurate it is, and if anyone cane find out if true or not let us know. But according to their statistics( from pff) his stats are bad.

Top Inside Linebackers Against The Run This Season
RankRun SnapsStopsStop %
Curtis Lofton1701217.1
Nate Irving264914.1
Luke Kuechly360813.3
Lawrence Timmons468913.2
Brian Cushing566812.1
James Laurinaitis328833.2
Pro Football Focus

If true that is really bad. I know our whole front 7 has been bad, but that is really bad if true. Hope they get the system down and do better.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
What kind of a stat is that where lofton is over one million percent better than everyone else?:rolleyes:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This week is going to be a big test, and for JL too. He is gong to have to have a good day all around, especially in pass defense.
Fisher also made a comment that the Play calling into JL was going to be extremely important in this game. I've never heard a Coach make such a comment before, I think it's telling, as to how important He feels our D scheme will be for a victory!