James laurinaitis "Do You Miss Me Yet?"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
According to official stats, Ogletree played 12 snaps against Dallas and recorded two tackles. He described his personal performance as “pretty good” but critiqued himself for not doing a better job of organizing his teammates pre-snap, which he said left them out of position on run defense.
“We just weren’t getting lined up like we were supposed to and we weren’t being physical enough for our
style of defense,” Ogletree said. “It’s definitely all correctable. We’re going to nip it in the bud quick.”

Given that middle linebacker is considered the unofficial “captain” position of the defense, Ogletree said he took responsibility for making sure the Rams’ didn’t get caught out of position.

“It definitely falls on me,” Ogletree said. “I talk to the guys and show them the pictures, show them what we’re supposed to be doing. They definitely listen to what I say and they take pride in what they do, but we’ve definitely got to start off on the right foot, and that’s getting lined up.” http://www.ocregister.com/articles/rams-725896-fisher-defense.html

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I made it a priority to watch O and all I can say is he better get a lot better. didn't impress me at all.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Seriously? It was dude's first preseason game playing a new position, give him some freaking time to adjust. He'll be fine by week 1 bank on it.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
JL was awsome at per snap defensive adjustments but he was huge liability after the snap. Tree will get it figured out.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he will get better but he did look out of place. He got fooled a lot on those playaction passes.. after only a handful of snaps and him coming off of injury it was really what i expected. Honestly i dont expect him to really pick it up until the 3rd or 4th real game.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I knew this was gonna be an issue the moment JL got released. I get why they did it, and have no issue with Alec taking over the middle, but it's gonna take some time to adjust.

So many people underestimated and took for granted JL's intelligence, dependability, toughness, and leadership. He went brain for brain vs. Peyton and won. He was a tackling machine in college and that's exactly what he was as a Ram. And what's one of the biggest issues today in the NFL b/c of the new CBA...oh yeah tackling b/c of no contact practices.

I'll miss James. Hopefully Alec learned a lot from him.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JL was a great team leader but that's where it ended . He was a below average MLB

Ram65

Legend
Tree will be someone to watch. Hope he gets everyone on the same page. I'm not sure you can take it for granted that he will be great at lining everyone up in the right defense while still making plays.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I appreciate all of his hard work and leadership but to answer the question. No.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Loved James. He was solid for a few years. Great leader always. But a liability on the field against the run since '13.

Anxious to see Alec. He will be an improvement.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Williams's scheme takes time to learn, I don't expect him to fully understand it until midseason. Even Laurinaitis had problems making pre-snap adjustments his first year under Williams's scheme.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I made it a priority to watch O and all I can say is he better get a lot better. didn't impress me at all.

So you were able to judge him off of 12 snaps? His first 12 snaps at MLB at that, seems JL had a hard time getting people lined up to stop the run for the first few regular season games every year, so I will wait til Tree gets a few games under his belt before I start nit picking his performance.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Any way I look at it, it was time to move on from JL at MLB. Time had taken its toll on JL. Keeping JL would have made replacing him next year even harder.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JL55, no, hell no...

Chris Long....maybe....probably more than maybe...I always liked Long...not the 2015 Long...and I gave the 2014 Long a pass....to see him healthy again...with the Pats:puke: