James Harrison eager to see NFL’s punishment for the Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

joeybittick

Rookie
James Harrison eager to see the NFL’s punishment for the Saints

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2012, 7:13 AM EST

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been fined more than anyone as the NFL has cracked down on helmet-to-helmet hits in the last couple of years. And now he says he’ll be watching intently to see the NFL’s next major discipline issue.

Harrison wrote on Twitter that he wants to know what the league is going to do about the Saints paying bounties for defensive players knocking opponents out of games.

“We’ll see how concerned the NFL is about player safety when they decide what the punishment for the saints is,” Harrison wrote. “I’ll just say this, if that was me I would have been kicked out of the NFL!”

Harrison, who has been fined several times and suspended for one game for illegal hits, didn’t say what he sees as an appropriate penalty.

steferfootball

Starter
Re: James Harrison eager to see NFL’s punishment for the Sai

joeybittick said:
“We’ll see how concerned the NFL is about player safety when they decide what the punishment for the saints is,” Harrison wrote. “I’ll just say this, if that was me I would have been kicked out of the NFL!”
I don't think we have to worry about James Harrison becoming a coach to implement a bounty scheme any time soon. :lol: