James Daniels IOL Iowa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I know this might sound vague but I really feel there are at least 2 gems to be had on the OL this draft in the later rounds that everybody will look back and think "damn". Hope we find one of them!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like this guy.....(y);)
You think he falls to the 3rd, 4th or 6th round???:thinking:
No. IMO he is a sure solid second round selection something that Rams traded away for Sammy.

NFL.com has James Daniels rated & graded in the top 26 NFL draft prospects. Has size issues but is but has cat quick ultra smooth moves....If Snead desires him he will have to take him with the first selection after that he is sure to be off the boards.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:2
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/james-daniels?id=2560048

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No. IMO he is a sure solid second round selection something that Rams traded away for Sammy.

NFL.com has James Daniels rated & graded in the top 26 NFL draft prospects. Has size issues but is but has cat quick ultra smooth moves....If Snead desires him he will have to take him with the first selection after that he is sure to be off the boards.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:2
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/james-daniels?id=2560048
I have read, I don't remember were, he does have some slight injury concerns, this could cause him to slip a little in the Draft!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My guess is that OC/OG Billy Price would be the better scheme fit under Kromer/McVay. Kromer likes bigger, more powerful players and McVay likes OL guys who can swing out and play well at secondary positions. Price can play both OG positions as well as at Center, he has a powerful drive blocking ability, is considered the strongest man on his team and is quite intelligent. His Combine injury likely drops him into the lower 1'st round or mid to upper 2'nd round, so he may just be a bargain priced trade down stud that could step in for either Saffold or Brown if we lose one or both of them in next years free agency, and once Sullivan retires, could easily move into the middle of the line. jmo.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/billy-price?id=2559911

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Riverumbbq Daniels has been projected at guard by some. He fits a zone blocking scheme, or a pull heavy scheme. His ability to pull smoothly and quickly is what people love about him. I think if Sullivan were healthier that he would be used more like Kelce. I'd take Daniels over Price for this reason. Daniels was my early favorite in round 1, until they signed Sullivan.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope it isn’t Key. He has bust written all over him. I am not even sure I want it to be Landry. I think I am rooting for a trade back.

I like Landry, however, you have to have a partner to trade back...People seem to forget that, but you can't dance if nobody is willing to move up. And you also have to receive decent value. Last year the Rams liked Everett and felt they could trade down and still get their man and it worked, however, it didn't work back in 2012 when the Rams traded down because two of their linebackers were still available in Mychal Kendricks & Bobby Wagner, so the Rams moved down several slots only to watch both of them go off the board before their selection as the Rams ended taking RB Isiah Pead and netting an extra pick that amounted to nothing...So again trade down as long as you have a plan B, C & D.

Last edited:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I like Landry, however, you have to have a partner to trade back...People seem to forget that, but you can't dance if nobody is willing to move up. And you also have to receive decent value. Last year the Rams liked Everett and felt they could trade down and still get their man and it worked, however, it didn't work back in 2012 when the Rams traded down because two of their linebackers were still available in Mychal Kendricks & Bobby Wagner, so the Rams moved down several slots only to watch both of them go off the board before their selection as the Rams ended taking RB Isiah Pead and netting an extra pick that amounted to nothing...So again trade down as long as you have a plan B, C & D.

Man that's a painful memory. And let us not forget that in addition to missing out on Kendricks and Wagner we also missed out on Lavante David. However, when you think about it it shows how far Mr. Snead has come as an NFL talent evaluator and GM.
I know I feel much more confident in his decisions now than back in 2012. And having said that we really need to knock this draft out of the park. There ain't going to be any sneaking up on teams next year. Everyone will be gunning for the Rams. You can count on it.....

~ArkyRamsFan~