Jameis Winston to the Rams Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People can caution me all they want, I've seen enough that I am sold on Winston. I am not privy to the off the field and character reports so I'll stick to what I know...what happens on the field. The Rams with a franchise QB are deadly. We have a team stocked with young talent and an intelligent FO, it's time we do something with it.
Released
Jake Long - $8 million in cap savings
Kendall Langford - $6 million in cap savings
Scott Wells - $3.8 million in cap savings
Eugene Sims - $1.9 million in cap savings
Isaiah Pead - $900,000 in cap savings
Total Cap Savings: $20.6 million
Total Cap Room: $24.1 million

Re-signed Players
Joe Barksdale - 5 years $30 million($5 million first year)
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($4 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $10.7 million
Total Cap Room: $12.4 million

Free Agency
Leger Douzable DT
med_gallery_5331_85_72722.jpg

2 years $3.0 million($1.5 million first year)

Douzable is a rotational DT that can step into the run stuffer role and is even capable of playing some DE when needed.

Clint Boling OL
boling120120_440.jpg

4 years $18 million($3.5 million first year)

Andy Dalton has been one of the least pressured and sacked QBs in the NFL this year and Jeremy Hill has had a strong year as a runner behind the Bengals OL. Boling has started the majority of his games at LG but moved over to RT for a couple games when he was needed. He's a versatile player that can play either OG spot and RT when needed. Isn't an elite talent but he's a solid starting OG.

Trades
St. Louis trades HB Zac Stacy
Tennessee trades 6th round pick(#2)

St. Louis trades Pick #10, 3rd round(#8), 2016 1st
Oakland trades Pick #4

Stacy trade has been in nearly every one of my mocks. I think it would be smart to trade him this off-season while he has value.

I don't take this trade lightly but the Rams need a QB of the future and we need to stop underachieving due to our QB position. Oakland has good reason to trade down with Tampa taking Mariota, Tennessee taking Cooper, and Jacksonville taking Leonard Williams. In a stronger draft last year, Buffalo moved up from #9 to #4 with 2 1sts and a future 4th. We give up a little bit more because there's a QB involved and we are a spot lower. If Winston had no character concerns, he'd go #1 and rightfully so. I think the world of the kid as a player.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #3 - Jameis Winston QB Florida State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hpBfQnmQ4

Analysis: As I've said before, I think Winston compares to Favre on the field and in terms of personality. He has a cannon for an arm, is great at improvising, has the accuracy to make jaw dropping throws, and is comfortable operating in the pocket. Most of all, Winston is a mentally tough player that loves to compete and is known for delivering in the biggest moments and on the biggest stages. He's a winner. He's fiery, competitive, and a vocal leader. However, like Favre, he also has an ego, can allow his emotions to the best of him, and makes some bad decisions leading to turnovers because he's a "hero". That hero complex leads him to force things on plays where he should probably just move on and live to play another down. Winston also has some mechanical issues to work out but I think they're related to baseball. He drops the ball down before pulling it back a lot of the time but that is something you also see in his windup as a pitcher. I think if you distance him from baseball, you can get rid of that and if you do, he has a great release. He also needs to work on his lower body mechanics to do a better job of consistently incorporating his lower body into his throws. That all said, Sam Bradford will remain a Ram for the 2015 season and play out his contract which gives us a year to allow Jameis to develop his mechanics and learn the playbook. As far as his character goes, I can't evaluate it so I'll leave that up to the professionals.

Round 2 Pick #9 - Cameron Erving C/OG Florida State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-CJ0URg4is

Analysis: I love A.J. Cann as a prospect but with us signing Boling, I think Erving makes a lot of sense here. Erving has really come on since he moved to Center and I think he'll do well on the interior in the NFL. I didn't like him at LT but he's looked very natural at Center and has never lacked the physical talent. Erving has the power to move defenders at the POA and anchor in pass protection. Erving has great feet and agility for a guy with his size(6'5" 310). He'd give us a major threat as a pulling OG or C. If Barrett Jones and Rhaney aren't ready or capable of starting, Erving plays Center. If they are, Erving steps in at OG and Boling is our 6th OL. Plus, it doesn't hurt that Erving is Jameis's Center at FSU so there's already familiarity there.

Round 5 Pick #9 - Henry Anderson DT/DE Stanford

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11950875

Analysis: Anderson is a big, productive blue collar player that can play both DT and DE for us. At 6'6" 295, he's a high motor player with better athleticism than you expect. This year, he put up 65 tackles, 15 TFLs, and 8.5 sacks. He's a strong guy with impressive quickness for his size and powerful, active hands. Anderson needs to do a better job of maintaining leverage and he has an injury history but he's a great fit for our defense and a player that would provide excellent depth.

Round 6 Pick #2 - A.J. Derby TE Arkansas

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11722579

Analysis: A.J. Derby was Arkansas's backup QB last year but moved to TE in the spring this year before his Senior year. While his stats don't seem elite, I think he's a kid who has a lot of upside to him. Derby is listed at 6'5" 255 and still has some weight to gain at the TE position. He shows off good athleticism as a receiver and has made some really nice circus catches this year. But most of all, despite being new to the position, Derby is a very willing blocker who shows a lot of promise in that department. Arkansas has used him all over the formation including at FB, in the slot, split out wide, and inline at TE. Derby is a high effort kid who plays through the whistle. His blocking and receiver skills all need polishing but this is a good kid to develop behind the TEs we have.

Round 7 Pick #31 - J.J. Nelson WR/KR UAB

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34KWtpfzAQ

Analysis: With this being the late 7th round, I usually look for a player that can fill a certain role for our team. J.J. Nelson returned FOUR kickoffs for TDs in 2014. He led the NCAA in average yards per kickoff return. Nelson is listed at 5'11" 160 but possesses breathtaking speed. I wouldn't be surprised if he flirts with a 4.2 40. I saw him run right by Phillip Gaines who ran in the mid 4.3s in a game. Nelson has rare speed, impressive cutting ability, and good balance which makes him a very dangerous returnman. However, the guy also actually has some WR skills that could allow him to challenge Givens's role as the situational deep threat. Even if he doesn't, this kid has potential to be a special teams dynamo. Bennie has done a great job on KRs this year but I'd love to get a guy who could take it to the house.

Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Tre Mason
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brian Quick
ZWR: Kenny Britt
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Clint Boling
C: Cameron Erving
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Joe Barksdale

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Aaron Donald
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: J.J. Nelson
PR: Tavon Austin

Yep, Bradford stays for the 2015 season to give us a veteran and time to develop Winston. And then in 2016, we unleash Winston on the world...unless Sam gets hurt and Winston has to play sooner.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Some thoughts:

Winston is basically going to have to turn off a whole lot of teams for such a deal to happen. That said, the Raiders are probably the only team that would even consider making such a trade.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet the farm that the Tennessee Titans are not going to use the #2 overall selection on WR Amari Cooper.

Henry Anderson is one of my draft day steals and it would great if he lasted till round 5. Just not sure it will happen though.

Derby and Nelson sound like undrafted free agent pickups that probably wouldn't make the team. Especially Nelson. The last thing the Rams need is another small WR, even if he does return kicks. If I'm not mistaken, they cut a kid just as small/fast and capable last offseason.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some thoughts:

Winston is basically going to have to turn off a whole lot of teams for such a deal to happen, but it seems to me that the Raiders are the only team that would even consider making such a trade.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet the farm that the Tennessee Titans are not going to use the #2 overall selection on WR Amari Cooper.

I don't think so. I think the Jets are his most likely suitors but they aren't going to be willing to outbid us. Whisenhunt's offense is very WR reliant and Amari Cooper is an unbelievable prospect. Look at what Buffalo gave up to get Watkins last year in a stronger draft. Cooper is a better WR than Watkins. Has similar size with the same type of speed and YAC ability but Cooper is legitimately one of the best route runners I've ever scouted. He just gets it. Understands the nuances that you see out of 10 year pros. Changes speed, uses subtle movements in his stem, utilizes fakes near the top of his route, and understands the tendencies of the defender he's against as well as how to exploit them.

To be honest, the guy does all the things that allowed Odell Beckham Jr. to tear up the league this year. He'll go top 4.

The Titans make sense because Whisenhunt and their FO will want to build up the team and stick with Mettenberger imo. Their pass rush could use work but they have Jurrell Casey so I think they pass on Leonard Williams. As I said before, Whisenhunt's offense is very WR reliant. I think Amari Cooper is too much for him to pass up.

And then Leonard Williams to the Jags just makes too much sense. Perfect guy for their defense because he can play both the Red Bryant role as a 5-Tech LDE in their base sets with more pass rush ability and move inside in pass rush situations. Plus, both their starting DTs are having surgeries this off-season for major injuries.

Once you get to Oakland, I think they want to move out if that's how it goes down. The Jets just don't seem likely to outbid us to move up two slots while Oakland has no qualms about moving from #10 instead of #6 with what they're receiving.

I think it's pretty logical. Will it all go down that way? Probably not. I'm just throwing shit against the wall...but it's rational shit. ;)

Henry Anderson is one of my draft day steals and it would great if he lasted till round 5. Just not sure it will happen though.

You wouldn't think so but it seems like his type of player tends to get under-drafted. Wouldn't be surprised if he went earlier but it's pretty early in the process.

Derby and Nelson sound like undrafted free agent pickups that probably wouldn't make the team. Especially Nelson. The last thing the Rams need is another small WR, even if he does return kicks. If I'm not mistaken, they cut a kid just as small/fast and capable last offseason.

Again, it's early in the process. I only have so many guys I know at this point. For Derby, it'll depend on how the post-season goes. If he puts up impressive measurables, he'll be drafted. I think you're under-selling Nelson, though.

The guy is unreal kick-returner and has more WR skills than you'd expect. I think he'd get drafted PURELY on his return ability and being honest, likely higher than I have him. But on top of that, I think there's a real chance the guy runs the fastest 40 at the Combine if he's invited. On tape, he appears to have legitimate 4.2 speed. If he does run that fast, don't be surprised if he goes off the board in the 4th or 5th round.

Trust me, he'd be a good fit here for the Givens role. Situational deep threat as well as being utilized on crossers and screens. Plus, the KR ability is what sells him to us. Tavon really started to turn it on as a PR in the second half of the season. Imagine having a guy on kickoffs that can flip the field like that. Cunningham was really good and consistent but this kid is just plain explosive.

FRO

Legend
One thing that will drive up the price of a trade up for us is the Jets and potentially the Bears. If either of those teams are interested in Winston, then the price would be sky high. That being said I can't complain with what you gave up to get Winston. Like you said we don't have all the information on the off the field stuff. I don't know how the Titans can pass on a QB, but Wisenhunt has undervalued the QB position before.

After I picked Winston I would be on the phone with Cleveland and Buffalo trying to unload Bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that will drive up the price of a trade up for us is the Jets and potentially the Bears. If either of those teams are interested in Winston, then the price would be sky high. That being said I can't complain with what you gave up to get Winston. Like you said we don't have all the information on the off the field stuff. I don't know how the Titans can pass on a QB, but Wisenhunt has undervalued the QB position before.

After I picked Winston I would be on the phone with Cleveland and Buffalo trying to unload Bradford.

I think I'd hold onto Sam. A redshirt year for Winston would do a lot for the kid. Plus, I think we stand a better chance of contending in 2015 with Sam than we do with a rookie...even Winston. Then you let Bradford walk after 2015. I would love to recoup a pick before he hit FA but I think holding onto him benefits us more in the short term. Plus, in the long term, we'd likely get a compensation pick for him leaving in FA.

FRO

Legend
I think I'd hold onto Sam. A redshirt year for Winston would do a lot for the kid. Plus, I think we stand a better chance of contending in 2015 with Sam than we do with a rookie...even Winston. Then you let Bradford walk after 2015. I would love to recoup a pick before he hit FA but I think holding onto him benefits us more in the short term. Plus, in the long term, we'd likely get a compensation pick for him leaving in FA.
Well if he gets us into the playoffs in 2015, then what do you do? Do you dump the QB of your only playoff team in 10+ years? It's a good problem to have. If Sam plays well you could franchise him and trade him I guess.

I think if I moved this I would make Winston my starter. Get the ball rolling and get everybody in the organization 100% behind him as the guy moving forward. Sometimes QB controversies can split a locker room. I don't want camps and clicks forming. I think Winston is a good improvement over Hill/Davis. The offensive line would be improved with Boiling and Erving. I would roll with Winston.

If we roll into the draft with Bradford and Hill or Davis as our only QBs, I would expect a big move like this to be in the cards.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if he gets us into the playoffs in 2015, then what do you do? Do you dump the QB of your only playoff team in 10+ years? It's a good problem to have. If Sam plays well you could franchise him and trade him I guess.

I think if I moved this I would make Winston my starter. Get the ball rolling and get everybody in the organization 100% behind him as the guy moving forward. Sometimes QB controversies can split a locker room. I don't want camps and clicks forming. I think Winston is a good improvement over Hill/Davis. The offensive line would be improved with Boiling and Erving. I would roll with Winston.

If we roll into the draft with Bradford and Hill or Davis as our only QBs, I would expect a big move like this to be in the cards.

You let Bradford walk and you move forward with Winston. Or you could franchise him and try to trade him. That's an option too...as you said.

There's no QB controversy. Sam is the starter. Winston is getting a redshirt year. I don't think it is best for every player to play right away. Winston is a guy who could be successful playing right away but if you take a year and work on his mechanics, I think he can be even more successful.

duckhunter

Starter
Jry,

We'd probably have to carry 5 DTs with this scenario. Throw a LB in there somewhere because we got bowling pins after our starters. Maybe 4-2-5 is an alternative but I want someone still at LB for depth. Some will say our starters are weak getting off blocks which has some credibility. Also depends on what you think of the janitor kid.

I love Boling and Erving. We still need depth. How many years has BR been pounding the table for a swing tackle because our depth sucks. Our season circles the drain every year because we have no adequate plan at swing tackle. I've never once heard Rams management talk in the offseason about a swing tackle. During the season, they're like deer in the headlights when an OT goes down. It gets ridiculous that the FO can't realize they can't run against the good teams because their talent sucks.

What you do with Kendricks? Whose your other QB?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jry,

We'd probably have to carry 5 DTs with this scenario. Throw a LB in there somewhere because we got bowling pins after our starters. Maybe 4-2-5 is an alternative but I want someone still at LB for depth. Some will say our starters are weak getting off blocks which has some credibility. Also depends on what you think of the janitor kid.

Both of our rotational DTs can play DE. LB is what it is. We have our starting 3 plus Barron playing a LB role and the same depth behind them from last year.

I love Boling and Erving. We still need depth. How many years has BR been pounding the table for a swing tackle because our depth sucks. Our season circles the drain every year because we have no adequate plan at swing tackle. I've never once heard Rams management talk in the offseason about a swing tackle. During the season, they're like deer in the headlights when an OT goes down. It gets ridiculous that the FO can't realize they can't run against the good teams because their talent sucks.

We've got 8. They'll likely carry 9...and the 9th guy will be one of the guys we have on the PS, a veteran FA after the draft, or a UDFA.
LT: Robinson
LG: Boling
C: Erving
RG: Saffold
RT: Barksdale
6th OL: Jones
7th OL: Person
8th OL: Rhaney
9th OL: TBD

I think we're good on depth. Saffold is the swing OT. Boling can play either OG spot or RT. Barksdale can play LT in a pinch(has in the past). Jones can play any spot on the OL. Person can play four of the five spots. We're not hurting that bad for depth. And if Barrett Jones or Rhaney starts at Center, we have Erving or Boling as the 6th OL...which is even better.

What you do with Kendricks? Whose your other QB?

Lost Kendricks. Had to sacrifice him to sign Boling. We have Sam and Winston at QB. We're fine. Can always bring back Davis on the cheap or bring in a UDFA if needed.

My resources are limited. Only have so many picks and so much cap room. Gotta make do with what I have.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't think so. I think the Jets are his most likely suitors but they aren't going to be willing to outbid us. Whisenhunt's offense is very WR reliant and Amari Cooper is an unbelievable prospect. Look at what Buffalo gave up to get Watkins last year in a stronger draft. Cooper is a better WR than Watkins. Has similar size with the same type of speed and YAC ability but Cooper is legitimately one of the best route runners I've ever scouted. He just gets it. Understands the nuances that you see out of 10 year pros. Changes speed, uses subtle movements in his stem, utilizes fakes near the top of his route, and understands the tendencies of the defender he's against as well as how to exploit them.

To be honest, the guy does all the things that allowed Odell Beckham Jr. to tear up the league this year. He'll go top 4.

The Titans make sense because Whisenhunt and their FO will want to build up the team and stick with Mettenberger imo. Their pass rush could use work but they have Jurrell Casey so I think they pass on Leonard Williams. As I said before, Whisenhunt's offense is very WR reliant. I think Amari Cooper is too much for him to pass up.

And then Leonard Williams to the Jags just makes too much sense. Perfect guy for their defense because he can play both the Red Bryant role as a 5-Tech LDE in their base sets with more pass rush ability and move inside in pass rush situations. Plus, both their starting DTs are having surgeries this off-season for major injuries.

Once you get to Oakland, I think they want to move out if that's how it goes down. The Jets just don't seem likely to outbid us to move up two slots while Oakland has no qualms about moving from #10 instead of #6 with what they're receiving.

I think it's pretty logical. Will it all go down that way? Probably not. I'm just throwing crap against the wall...but it's rational crap. ;)

But, Buffalo got mocked for making such a trade up for Watkins who, so far, has been outplayed by WRs taken after him. IMO, the very same thing could happen with Cooper this year via another pretty good WR draft class (while not as strong).

Minus a trade down or the selection of a QB, I think that there's a snowball's chance in hell the Titans would pass on Leonard Williams for Cooper. Coach might even want to, but no GM/personnel guy worth his salt would allow it, IMO. And especially a GM who has used a 1st rounder and a VERY high 2nd rounder (#34 overall) on WRs in 2 of the last 3 drafts.

As far as the Jets, if things played out the way you have it, the key is whether or not the drop from 4 down to 6 seems more palatable to the Raiders vs. the drop from 4 down to 10. After the Senior Bowl that might be more clear as there typically seems to be 5-6 players most seem to lock in as the top 5-6 picks. Will the Raiders be willing to drop below what is usually considered the elite talent level players for that offer?

BTW, I really wouldn't rule out the Bears or even the Redskins. In fact, the Bears swapping picks with Tennessee for Cutler makes all the sense in the world to me.

Oh yeah, that tiny, super fast WR/RS the Rams cut last year was Diontae Spencer.

Last edited:

duckhunter

Starter
I don't like the idea of weakening our inside by moving Saffold from RG or Boling from LG for any reason. We lose our running game moving them outside. Maybe one of the Badgers boys in the 5th for swing tackle.

No replacement for Stacy. And this team has no representation from that powerhouse MIZZOU team. So substitute RB M Murphy in the 7th round. :ROFLMAO:

Ramathon

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #3 - Jameis Winston QB Florida State

Analysis: As I've said before, I think Winston compares to Favre on the field and in terms of personality. He has a cannon for an arm, is great at improvising, has the accuracy to make jaw dropping throws, and is comfortable operating in the pocket. Most of all, Winston is a mentally tough player that loves to compete and is known for delivering in the biggest moments and on the biggest stages. He's a winner. He's fiery, competitive, and a vocal leader. However, like Favre, he also has an ego, can allow his emotions to the best of him, and makes some bad decisions leading to turnovers because he's a "hero". That hero complex leads him to force things on plays where he should probably just move on and live to play another down. Winston also has some mechanical issues to work out but I think they're related to baseball. He drops the ball down before pulling it back a lot of the time but that is something you also see in his windup as a pitcher. I think if you distance him from baseball, you can get rid of that and if you do, he has a great release. He also needs to work on his lower body mechanics to do a better job of consistently incorporating his lower body into his throws....

I am no talent evaluator by any stretch, and haven't watched a whole lot of college ball this year, but the couple times I have seen FSU play, I am underwhelmed by Winston. All of what you say above may be entirely true, I just haven't seen it in the little I've watched. Maybe my expectations have been too high with all the hype.

Also...re: "He's fiery, competitive, and a vocal leader."....I hate that quality in a QB. It's ok in a LB or RB, maybe DE. But I would MUCH rather have a 'Cool Hand Luke' carve 'em up surgically never show a lick of emotion guy at the helm.

Round 2 Pick #9 - Cameron Erving C/OG Florida State

Analysis: I love A.J. Cann as a prospect but with us signing Boling, I think Erving makes a lot of sense here. Erving has really come on since he moved to Center and I think he'll do well on the interior in the NFL. I didn't like him at LT but he's looked very natural at Center and has never lacked the physical talent. Erving has the power to move defenders at the POA and anchor in pass protection. Erving has great feet and agility for a guy with his size(6'5" 310). He'd give us a major threat as a pulling OG or C. If Barrett Jones and Rhaney aren't ready or capable of starting, Erving plays Center. If they are, Erving steps in at OG and Boling is our 6th OL. Plus, it doesn't hurt that Erving is Jameis's Center at FSU so there's already familiarity there.

Again, not questioning this player, but just curious what you think of the Mizzou center, Evan Boehm (sp?). During the bowl game the other night, the TV color analyst (don't recall his name, but wasn't one I recognized) mentioned, at least a couple times, he thought Boehm was one of the best OC's he's seen this year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I wouldn't draft Winston with a free pick. Mariota
looks to be 10 times the player with poise, class, and leadership. Winston has been exposed and may not even play in the NFL. He may go to MLB.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Again, not questioning this player, but just curious what you think of the Mizzou center, Evan Boehm (sp?). During the bowl game the other night, the TV color analyst (don't recall his name, but wasn't one I recognized) mentioned, at least a couple times, he thought Boehm was one of the best OC's he's seen this year.

Has the junior Evan Boehm decided to declare for the draft? BTW, I've read that he was having trouble with shotgun snaps early this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I could live with this draft and FA. Good job Jerry.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would be very happy with this offseason. Fixed OL, fixed QB situation, everything else is set. I would prefer not to trade up and use a future first, but we need a QB, a franchise QB, and he's our best option. Great job.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Boy, I'd love to get a 6th for Stacey. Not sure anyone would give up anything for him. Backs are such a dime a dozen and so undervalued I feel like people would just as soon draft one or grab a undrafted dude and have a longer contract than trade for a guy like Stacey.

I will say, we have a log jam at RB. I loved what Stacey brought last year but with Mason as our starter, Cunningham as our 3rd-down kick-returner and Trey Watts who's definitely proven he should be on the roster... I just don't see us gaining much from keeping Stacey around.

Rams0307

You're not going to be able to have both Winston and Bradford without dividing the locker room and the fan base. Every bad throw and every bad game Bradford has will get the anti-Bradford crowd to a CenturyLink Field level of decibels calling for Winston to be the starter. Not to mention Winston's the type of guy that likes being the alpha. I could see this being a disaster of a situation for all parties.

Ramathon

Has the junior Evan Boehm decided to declare for the draft? BTW, I've read that he was having trouble with shotgun snaps early this year.

Good question. I 'assumed' (Uh-ohhhhh!) because the way the color commentator was talking, he was going to be draft eligible. But now that you ask, I guess he didn't specifically say that. Just that EB was the best OC he'd seen this year. Guess maybe I jumped the gun.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I understand the like for Winston on a talent level.
He is clearly the most talented and nfl ready qb in the draft. By far.
However, I think the comparison to Favre is way off.
Favre was a guy that had fun playing the game. He didn't get rattled easily. I don't see that in Winston. In fact I see the complete opposite. In the Rose Bowl he got pissed at an oline and let it carry over the next couple of plays. You could see the frustration in his face. Shortly after, the greatest gift of all the bowl games. The slip fumble.

A competitive guy? Yes.
A competitive guy that plays the game for fun like Favre? Absolutely not.

Now to your draft.
I think the trade with Oakland is reasonable enough. They seem like a team that needs to move down. They're set at qb and need help for Carr.

Although I would still like to see more oline help in the draft, I like taking a legitimate KR late in the draft. It's another position that has suffered since Horn has been here.