JaMarcus Russell wrote every team, asking for a chance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...russell-wrote-every-team-asking-for-a-chance/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2016

jamarcus-russell.jpg
Getty Images

JaMarcus Russell’s name comes up every year at draft time, as a cautionary tale about how bad a first overall pick can turn out. But Russell also wants NFL teams to consider him as a player who deserves another chance.

Russell told SI.com that he would like to play again, and he wrote a letter to every team saying so.

“As a former NFL player, I understand the daily grind that football operations can be,” Russell wrote. “I am prepared to be physically examined and to have my football IQ evaluated. I would sincerely like an opportunity to come to Dallas and meet with you and the coaching staff.

I know that my name does not carry much weight in the NFL right now but I am more than the image that others have bestowed on me. I’ve been labeled as a bust, I have been labeled as lazy and I have been the target of many insults by the media. The blame for any negative press that I’ve received rests squarely on my shoulders.”

Russell says he’d be a water boy if that’s what it took to get a shot in the NFL, and that he’d run the scout team for free.

“You might see me back,” Russell said. “You never know.”

The reality is, we know: JaMarcus Russell, who will be 31 before the season begins, will not get another chance at the NFL. Russell hasn’t played since 2009, when he threw three touchdown passes and 11 interceptions. Russell is done in the NFL, even if he doesn’t realize it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJn_O8LrR0

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is sad. Another case of growing up a bit too late. If he would have had this mentality coming in to the league he might have been great.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If you are selecting a player with the number one pick, you have to have no doubts about their commitment, maturity, and focus. It's not all about talent because it goes to waste without having your head in the right place.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A true American saying that has surrounded me all my life is .....Timing is everything! You better grasp & cease it... when it rushes close to you. JaMarcus Failed to do that. Second chances are rarer but a third one ???? The NFL has run over many young QB's in the dust of time.

Ram65

Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JaMarcus_Russell
2013 comeback attempt

In 2013, Russell stated that he was interested in returning to the NFL, and will train with various NFL players, including Marshall Faulk and Jeff Garcia, along with Olympian Ato Boldon.[36][37] Russell's comeback attempt was documented by Bleacher Report in a series titled JaMarcus Russell's Road Back to the NFL.[38]

In May 2013, it was announced Russell had returned to his rookie weight of 265 pounds. Interest from the Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens had also been reported.[39] Later on June 4, 2013, it was announced Russell would receive a tryout with the Bears.[40] Three days later, Russell reportedly presented a "solid" performance in his try-out for the Bears while working out alongside fellow unemployed quarterbacks Trent Edwards and Jordan Palmer. The Bears did not sign him, stating they were not interested in adding a fourth quarterback to the roster.[41] However, the Bears did sign both Edwards and Palmer two months later.[42][43] Russell was not worked out or signed by any professional football team following the 2013 season or during the 2014 offseason.

Good listen to Garcia on 2013 comeback. It's just too late now. Surprised nothing more happened in 2013. Considering the lack of quality QBs in the NFL.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000209414/Jeff-Garcia-on-his-role-in-JaMarcus-Russell-s-comeback

Psycho_X

Legend
Jamarcus Russell and Terrell Owens should sit outside the NFL main office with "Will work for millions $$" signs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...russell-wrote-every-team-asking-for-a-chance/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2016

jamarcus-russell.jpg
Getty Images

JaMarcus Russell’s name comes up every year at draft time, as a cautionary tale about how bad a first overall pick can turn out. But Russell also wants NFL teams to consider him as a player who deserves another chance.

Russell told SI.com that he would like to play again, and he wrote a letter to every team saying so.

“As a former NFL player, I understand the daily grind that football operations can be,” Russell wrote. “I am prepared to be physically examined and to have my football IQ evaluated. I would sincerely like an opportunity to come to Dallas and meet with you and the coaching staff.

I know that my name does not carry much weight in the NFL right now but I am more than the image that others have bestowed on me. I’ve been labeled as a bust, I have been labeled as lazy and I have been the target of many insults by the media. The blame for any negative press that I’ve received rests squarely on my shoulders.”

Russell says he’d be a water boy if that’s what it took to get a shot in the NFL, and that he’d run the scout team for free.

“You might see me back,” Russell said. “You never know.”

The reality is, we know: JaMarcus Russell, who will be 31 before the season begins, will not get another chance at the NFL. Russell hasn’t played since 2009, when he threw three touchdown passes and 11 interceptions. Russell is done in the NFL, even if he doesn’t realize it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJn_O8LrR0

I don't see him, or Tim Tebow EVER Quarterbacking in the NFL EVER-AGAIN! JMHO