Jamaal Charles expected to sign with Denver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...harles-scheduled-visit-denver-broncos-tuesday
5:53 PM CT
  • Jeff LegwoldESPN Senior Writer
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jamaal Charles, who has caused the Denver Broncos plenty of headaches over the course of his touchdown-filled career, will meet with the Broncos on Tuesday.

If Charles passes a physical and the Broncos' medical staff gives a favorable prognosis, the expectation is for the Broncos and Charles to try to close out a contract for the veteran running back.

Charles, 30, who tore his right anterior cruciate ligament in October 2015, played in just three games last season because of pain in his knees. He had just 12 rushing attempts for the season before the Chiefs put him on injured reserve in November.

C.J. Anderson -- is coming off knee surgery, while Devontae Booker had a productive rookie season.

The Broncos also signed former Ravens running back Bernard Pierce as a "futures" player this past January. They then traded Kapri Bibbs to the San Francisco 49ers this past weekend and selected Coastal Carolina running back De'Angelo Henderson on Saturday.

Henderson, who ran a sub-4.5 40-yard dash at the scouting combine is the fastest of the team's backs. Booker, Anderson and Pierce all have similar styles, so if Charles passes a physical and can resurrect even some of his past explosiveness, the Broncos would want to add that to their offense.

Charles has four 100-yard rushing games against the Broncos in his career, including a 259-yard effort during the 2010 season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think the whole thing posted correctly. But it's an interesting development. If Charles is anywhere close to where he was, Denver could be a top team as long as their defense stays consistent.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I don't think the whole thing posted correctly. But it's an interesting development. If Charles is anywhere close to where he was, Denver could be a top team as long as their defense stays consistent.
God bless "em. The man is a competitive Pro's Pro.

Remember that 30 years old is the wall for running backs anyway.

Plus the ACL which probably needed at minimum further surgery to fix.

Good luck to him but.....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...harles-scheduled-visit-denver-broncos-tuesday
5:53 PM CT
  • Jeff LegwoldESPN Senior Writer
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jamaal Charles, who has caused the Denver Broncos plenty of headaches over the course of his touchdown-filled career, will meet with the Broncos on Tuesday.

If Charles passes a physical and the Broncos' medical staff gives a favorable prognosis, the expectation is for the Broncos and Charles to try to close out a contract for the veteran running back.

Charles, 30, who tore his right anterior cruciate ligament in October 2015, played in just three games last season because of pain in his knees. He had just 12 rushing attempts for the season before the Chiefs put him on injured reserve in November.

C.J. Anderson -- is coming off knee surgery, while Devontae Booker had a productive rookie season.

The Broncos also signed former Ravens running back Bernard Pierce as a "futures" player this past January. They then traded Kapri Bibbs to the San Francisco 49ers this past weekend and selected Coastal Carolina running back De'Angelo Henderson on Saturday.

Henderson, who ran a sub-4.5 40-yard dash at the scouting combine is the fastest of the team's backs. Booker, Anderson and Pierce all have similar styles, so if Charles passes a physical and can resurrect even some of his past explosiveness, the Broncos would want to add that to their offense.

Charles has four 100-yard rushing games against the Broncos in his career, including a 259-yard effort during the 2010 season.
At 30 years Old Charles could have seen the last of his "Great Years"! Just Like our own SJ! Just a thought!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
God bless "em. The man is a competitive Pro's Pro.

Remember that 30 years old is the wall for running backs anyway.

Plus the ACL which probably needed at minimum further surgery to fix.

Good luck to him but.....

Yeah it's going to be a tough climb for him.

If I recall he was playing really well before his injury... but he's been away from football for a long time.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
With the RB depth they have, he could make a heck of a change of pace back.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm setting the Over-Under for games played next year at 4.

A55VA6

Legend
Good signing for them IF he can stay healthy. I've always loved me some Jamaal Charles. Dude can play.