Jalen Ramsey sparks Twitter discussion with Richard Sherman and Aqib Talib

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

Jalen Ramsey sparks Twitter discussion with Richard Sherman and Aqib Talib​

Los Angeles Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey is known to be outspoken when it comes to his place among the NFL's elite. Coming off his first Super Bowl, the corner's latest claim to greatness takes a look at his accolades six years into his career.

On Friday, Ramsey took to Twitter to question if any other corner in league history achieved three first-team and five Pro Bowl selections at the position in his first six seasons. He believed that only two other players in league history have met that mark, but only one has. Former Buffalo Bills corner Butch Byrd is the only other corner with such a résumé, according to Elias Sports Bureau. Byrd played seven seasons for Buffalo, where he was a three-time first-team All-AFL selection and five-time AFL All-Star.

View: https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1545424515793973250?s=21&t=zdvQ7mb1fIqCKiWT2vq0Hg

Cornerback Richard Sherman, who was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks and suited up for short stints with the San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, joined the Twitter dialogue with his résumé for his first six seasons compared to Ramsey's. He also suggested Minnesota Vikings defensive back Patrick Peterson be considered for this discussion. Later in the conversation, Sherman praised Ramsey, calling him "the standard" for secondary players.

View: https://twitter.com/rsherman_25/status/1545447353263411200?s=21&t=UAY2ui30bj5fkcXzh8pW_A

Ramsey's former teammate Aqib Talib wanted to compare stats as well. Although he had more interceptions and touchdowns in his first six years, he didn't eclipse Ramsey in Pro Bowl honors, All-Pro nods and Super Bowls.

All Ramsey wants is for people to respect greatness when they see it.

View: https://twitter.com/aqibtalib21/status/1545436737513684993?s=21&t=JiMqywOUDj1NuHhv2sWKXA

Ramsey and the Rams' quest to defend their Super Bowl title begins on July 23 when training camp starts.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That’s cool. I like the support & the talk.Talib was(is) right on.

Talib never got his respects early.He was known as a punk in a way? Just that off field stuff was bad & his crew he hung with.

Mcvay loves the DIVAS & r.e.s.p.e.c.t. Players for that.Mentorship means a lot. I’m sure Bobby Wagner has a little say in that. I remember the Racens LBer. Knowledge is key.

Marcus Peters & Aubrey we’re cool with Talib. Troy Hill coming back is nice.His 3 TD’s 2 years ago were real good.I’m excited that Shula gets to coach the DB’s.Thomas Brown as TE coach. Cooley gets to imposs more will.

TheBunk

Rookie
Aqib is going to be one of those guys on TV that occasionally drops huge inside information because of his relationships with players in the league. Sherman has been pretty good about that as well, I must admit.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don’t give as much credit for all-star honors, it can be a popularity contest.

I do think Ramsey is a great talent but, tooting your own horn is lame.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sherm tried that shit a while back, but got called out and rightly so due to the fact he was never a guy who was on an island snap to snap.

I don't like the brag about yourself shit, and never have. Ramsey has drawn plenty of top wideouts by himself and shut them down, so there is no need to act insecure about it like Sherm did. Just relax and let the film speak. His only weakness is ball skills, but he is an eraser who adds plus run defense. Pretty rare talent.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I like Ali types

Muhammad Ali Muslim GIF

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sherman did have the advantage of a guy like Earl Thomas roaming sideline to sideline. That allowed Sherman to take chances. Ramsey is a shut down corner when they make it their game plan. He can blanket their best receiver and give the guy fits. But sometimes the defensive plan doesn't call for that. There aren't many corners who can play as physical as he can in the run and pass game.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with all you guys. Ramsey got burned a couple of times in the playoffs but hes been all world since he got here. He should just be quiet and let his play do the talking. But you all saw how surprised he was at the receivers getting paid. Another great year by him and he might want to get paid ala Donald and Kupp. I guess 120 million ain't what it used to be.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Ramsey was responding to that ESPN blurb where unnamed execs said he was overrated and starting to decline.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Holy fate, do I love Jalen Ramsey. He's definitely tied with AD for my favorite Ram since S-Jax. And the thing about him now is that his trash talking is clean because of his girls. So he's, like, PG, and still kicks ass.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy fate, do I love Jalen Ramsey. He's definitely tied with AD for my favorite Ram since S-Jax. And the thing about him now is that his trash talking is clean because of his girls. So he's, like, PG, and still kicks ass.
TIED?

DljCxAL.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, tied. I wanted us to somehow trade up and draft Ramsey in 2017. I was stoked on actually getting him, and even more excited now.
That's Ok. A shot of penicillin will cure that right up!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I don’t give as much credit for all-star honors, it can be a popularity contest.

I do think Ramsey is a great talent but, tooting your own horn is lame.
Yeah, I'm more of a let my play on the field speak for me.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Ramsey was responding to that ESPN blurb where unnamed execs said he was overrated and starting to decline.

In that case I may have said something along the lines that these unnamed execs either didn't play against me or were trying to trade for me