Jalen Ramsey in the Top 100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Jalen Ramsey voted No. 37 player on NFL Top 100
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.27.06 PM

Stu Jackson
STAFF WRITER
Since arriving into the NFL as the No. 5 overall draft pick in 2016, Jalen Ramsey has earned a reputation as of one of the league's top cornerbacks and top overall players.
That still proved to be the case after switching teams midway through the 2019 season, as his NFL contemporaries voted him the 37th-best player on the NFL's "Top 100 Players of 2020" list.
For the Rams cornerback, it marks his third career appearance on the list. His first two came as a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who traded him to the Rams last October in exchange for L.A.'s 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick and 2021 fourth-round pick. The Florida State product was named to his third-straight Pro Bowl last season after making a combined 49 total tackles, five pass breakups and one interception in three games with the Jaguars and nine games with the Rams.
Ramsey is the second Ram named to this year's Top 100 list, joining wide receiver Cooper Kupp (89). Although Ramsey is entering the final year of his rookie contract, Rams general manager Les Snead has maintained they want him to be a part of the team's long-term plans.
"I'm going to keep those things in-house," Snead said during an appearance on "Around the NFL" in June. "But what we are confident in is his ability to help the Rams not only on the playing field, but as you get to know Jalen, he is a very impressive human being. He's very intelligent, which when you're an intelligent person and football player, that allows defensive coordinators to get maybe more creative and he's also someone who's passionate about winning and passionate about helping the team win whatever way he can. So I do think there's some intangibles and leadership qualities there, so we're confident he's going to help the Rams. The goal is to have him helping us get back to contending for that division for not just the 2020 season, but many seasons to come."

View: https://youtu.be/5K1Urjmyd1U

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's what NFL WRs say makes Jalen Ramsey a great corner

Jalen Ramsey is widely viewed as one of the 10 best cornerbacks in the NFL as he enters his fifth season in the league. He’s made three Pro Bowls, was a first-team All-Pro in 2017 and possesses a rare combination of size and speed at the cornerback position.

It’s why he’s been voted one of the 40 best players in the NFL three years in a row after once again appearing on the Top 100 Players list. He was revealed at No. 37 on Tuesday night, down 10 spots from last year’s position and 20 from his peak year when he was 17th in 2018.

Ramsey is a trash-talker and has the attention of NFL receivers everywhere, which was evident in their comments after he was announced as the 37th-best player in football. Here’s what some receivers said makes Ramsey great, two of whom were former teammates of his in Jacksonville.

Chargers WR Keenan Allen

“Absolutely irreplaceable. You can’t replace good talent. Not a lot of DBs are that tall and that fast. And he’s going to talk to you, and he’s cocky. You better be on your A-game because if you’re not, he’s going to let you know about it and he’s going to make plays,” Allen said.

Jaguars WR D.J. Chark

“Anywhere you’re at on the field, he’s somewhere near ball-hawking,” Chark said. “He can sit at a depth and react quickly. You know you have to be physical at the catch because as soon as you catch it, you know a big corner is running through you. If you beat him at the line, the play is never over, so always have a Plan B.”

Bears WR Allen Robinson

“He always plays with confidence. I think that’s the biggest thing. Even if you catch a ball or beat him one play, he’s always looking to make a play,” Robinson said. “I think he’s one of those corners who isn’t just trying to get. I mean, he’s not just trying to be in the right spot. He’s trying to make a play, he’s trying to do something to impact the game.”

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The thing about Ramsey is that he's a physical dude, especially for a corner. He's a rare shutdown corner who is physical before, during, and after the catch. That's rare. And he's only twenty-five.

PAY THE MAN WHATEVER HE WANTS.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The thing about Ramsey is that he's a physical dude, especially for a corner. He's a rare shutdown corner who is physical before, during, and after the catch. That's rare. And he's only twenty-five.

PAY THE MAN WHATEVER HE WANTS.
Not so fast my friend!! (in my best Lee Corso voice). I love his talent and swagger, but we really need to see the defense come together under Staley this year or I am not 100% convinced we can back up the Brinks truck. Trust, me.... I want him on the team and think the combination of having a top 1 Dlineman and a top 5 CB can do wonders for this defense. We have to see the consistency that was missing under Wade. If we see that, sign him up and hope the offense can put up 24 PPG. That should be good for 12-4 all day.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not so fast my friend!! (in my best Lee Corso voice). I love his talent and swagger, but we really need to see the defense come together under Staley this year or I am not 100% convinced we can back up the Brinks truck. Trust, me.... I want him on the team and think the combination of having a top 1 Dlineman and a top 5 CB can do wonders for this defense. We have to see the consistency that was missing under Wade. If we see that, sign him up and hope the offense can put up 24 PPG. That should be good for 12-4 all day.

well the way ramsey has been talking about his role in this new defense it seems they're gonna allow him to be even a bigger playmaker.

i know talk is cheap but i hope he's right.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I can't find the source but IIRC Jalen Ramsey told J.B. Long or Cameron De Silva (I think) that he vows to stop cursing since he has a daughter. When asked if he will do so on the field, he said his trash talk is more creative than just cursing.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

TexasRam

Legend
The Beautiful thing about Ramsey is his youth.

Assuming we sign him, he allows us to lock down the division teams passing games for years. Meanwhile Peterson and Sherman's careers are starting their decline and coming to an end, further boosting our offensive dominance against our division.