Jalen Ramsey Article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
we all know he'd be a lot better with pass rush...CB's get burned, it happens....I like his run support and motor...someone mentioned that a move to S may be in his future and I'd be all for that...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I can’t imagine he’ll be happy with this year but, I’m not sure there is much he can do about it. He seems to be guessing too much to make up for slowing down, it’s going to happen with age and the beating these guys take. I don’t think it is time to move him but it is time to help him and the defense as a whole. There just hasn’t been enough pressure this year, that has to get fixed either by scheme or players.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He got paid and has been enduring a losing season due to an injured and inept offense, yet still brings the fire every week. I hope he's a Ram until he transitions to safety for a few years and retires.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Age is undefeated. And sadly for corners speed is the first thing to go. So I'm definitely on the "move him to safety" wagon, because we have to get through next season with that $25M cap hit so might as well put him somewhere that his tackling and feistiness can help us. He's just gonna need to be disciplined with his eyes back there, but outside of that I think he could be a really good safety because he could be placed on lesser wideouts and remove them when you want to play man. And he can hit like a LB so you could flip him from over the top to the box seamlessly.

But we probably need another corner. I think Kendricks if they would play him in the slot would do well. I think Durant needs snaps but has the stickiness you want in coverage outside the hash, he just needs to improve his tackling because in this division a bad tackler outside the hash will get destroyed. Hill is in the mix but we need a guy minimum who can consistently shut down WR2s on an island. Add that and the secondary should be pretty good. Well probably a safety too but those are way easiser to find than corners.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Age is undefeated. And sadly for corners speed is the first thing to go. So I'm definitely on the "move him to safety" wagon, because we have to get through next season with that $25M cap hit so might as well put him somewhere that his tackling and feistiness can help us. He's just gonna need to be disciplined with his eyes back there, but outside of that I think he could be a really good safety because he could be placed on lesser wideouts and remove them when you want to play man. And he can hit like a LB so you could flip him from over the top to the box seamlessly.

But we probably need another corner. I think Kendricks if they would play him in the slot would do well. I think Durant needs snaps but has the stickiness you want in coverage outside the hash, he just needs to improve his tackling because in this division a bad tackler outside the hash will get destroyed. Hill is in the mix but we need a guy minimum who can consistently shut down WR2s on an island. Add that and the secondary should be pretty good. Well probably a safety too but those are way easiser to find than corners.
Of the 22 starters on offense and defense, it seems like we need 8 starters at least. That seems hard to overcome.....

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Of the 22 starters on offense and defense, it seems like we need 8 starters at least. That seems hard to overcome.....

We might be drafting in the #12 spot (just a wild guess) (Aaron Donald was drafted in the #13 spot), and with McSnead's player friendly atmosphere, we might get some good free agents.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
To expect him to completely shut down the top receivers in this league is asking a bit much. I like when he does but don't expect it every game. The 1-handed catch by Chase and Adams is something no one could stop so I don't blame him for those types of catches. I agree on the lack of pressure on the QB it adds more pressure on the DBs. Switching to safety may work for him or may not, I don't know that anyone's asked him that and I don't think he's ready to okay that yet because he's still young. "So you saying I'm slowing down?" But we know of a few HOFers that did well on the switch like Lott and both Woodsons so I'm open to that if he is.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We might be drafting in the #12 spot (just a wild guess) (Aaron Donald was drafted in the #13 spot), and with McSnead's player friendly atmosphere, we might get some good free agents.
Who wants to tell him?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

He is only 28 years old. I think if he was just a shut down corner and could focus on that he would still be the best.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He is only 28 years old. I think if he was just a shut down corner and could focus on that he would still be the best.
Disagree. Top receivers run right by him. He disguises his game by holding and clutching, and he's among the best at that, but he's no longer the best corner one on one and probably hasn't been for a year or so.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
Are we even using him right?

It feels like most of of the times he’s beat it’s because he’s expecting help and it’s not there.

Tano

Legend
Are we even using him right?

It feels like most of of the times he’s beat it’s because he’s expecting help and it’s not there.
That's because Rapp is playing the "which way did the ball go which way did the ball go" game

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jalen Ramsey is right on up there with a Rams player I'd like to buy a beer and talk with for a bit. It's rare for someone with a big personality and sense of humor to be so humble at how he perceives he is playing his position. Having him at corner has us a little spoiled.