Jake McQuaid agrees to 4yr extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/rams-long-snapper-jake-mcquaide-gets-a-contract-extension/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... extension/</a>

The questions of whether or not contract extensions are coming for players like Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman and Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz have been popular ones to discuss this offseason.

Not so the contract status of Rams long snapper Jake McQuaide, but Freeman and Cruz are still looking for new deals while the ink is drying on a four-year pact for McQuaide with St. Louis. The Rams announced the deal, without any financial details but with a picture of McQuaide putting pen to paper, on Monday.

McQuaide has played all 32 games for the Rams over the last two seasons after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio State and beating out incumbent Chris Massey. He’s made three tackles on special teams over that period.

Long snappers don’t tend to bask in much limelight if they avoid blunders, so McQuaide doesn’t have the biggest profile. He does make an appearance in a trick kicking video that Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein and punter Johnny Hekker made with a group called Dude Perfect and snaps a ball into a basket from a great distance, though, so perhaps he’ll have a higher profile by the end of his new deal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

A55VA6

Legend
Re: Jake McQuaid agrees to 4yr extension

I'm glad to see him back. Really under appreciated and he does his job very well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKd6Fk8slns[/youtube]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

So where does that leave Jorgen Hus?
cfl-saskatchewan-roughriders_i-G-37-3711-PRYAF00Z.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

He's a good snapper, but Massey made way more plays, no..

I understand the salary diff though.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

den-the-coach said:
So where does that leave Jorgen Hus?
cfl-saskatchewan-roughriders_i-G-37-3711-PRYAF00Z.jpg

Likely hoping to play well enough during the preseason to land a gig somewhere else.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

BigRamFan opined:

Likely hoping to play well enough during the preseason to land a gig somewhere else.

That's going to be really hard to do. His job is all about consistency and he won't be able to showcase that in a few games. Someone needs to see him every day in practice. If he does well he might get a good reference from one of our coaches though.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

albefree69 said:
Al making a good point:

That's going to be really hard to do. His job is all about consistency and he won't be able to showcase that in a few games. Someone needs to see him every day in practice. If he does well he might get a good reference from one of our coaches though.

I guess you're right Big Al. Usually the only time a LS gets noticed is when he screws up.