Jake Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@nwagoner: Much like with Bradford, Rams have begun dialogue with OT Jake Long. He says Long had a couple of early rehab setbacks but is progressing.

-----

At the right price, bringing him back could be a big offseason move.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Real interesting. If we could bring him back for real cheap, sure. But if not, no thanks. Way too injury prone for me, but we do have to fix the OL somehow. I just don't see it though, after 2 consecutive ACL tears offensive linemen don't tend to be very good. Hell, Davin Joseph's career was ruined by 1.

V3

Hall of Fame
League minimum with incentives, sure. Anything higher, no thanks. Oh yeah, and he'd have to move to OG.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
What for? The play guard? Robinson is the LT now. They should be busy re-upping Barksdale instead. Unless Long will cut his salary by a wide margin, why bother keeping him? Robinson-Long-DraftPick-Saffold-Barksdale does look ok but I'd rather go the route of grabbing a guy like Scherff to play guard and signing a FA center.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Fisher said a while back that he sees Long coming back to play guard or right tackle, I think he could make a pretty good guard if he is totally healed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What for? The play guard?
Exactly, I think he'd be a fine guard...LG of course...maybe right...he should be able to maintain a relatively healthy last few years....but please have some decent backup...maybe some competition for the starting spot.

RamsFan14

Starter
Fisher said a while back that he sees Long coming back to play guard or right tackle, I think he could make a pretty good guard if he is totally healed.

I would only want to bring him back if we can rework his contract and if he were moved to guard. Personally, I have zero interest in seeing him play tackle anymore, even as a RT. Only then would I like him to be back.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think it is more likely he takes a pay cut then Bradford does.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
As bad as that line was I'd give him a shot at G. If nothing else he's a good run blocker and can provide depth.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If we could get him to take less (im sure we could) then why not? He could turn out great. People complain about Davin Joseph but he was a low risk signing. Why not restructure Long, sign an FA o linemen, and Draft a couple guys? That gives us the best possibility for success.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the love of god, get some youth on the line. Resign barksdale and draft a guard high. Add depth. That's it. Literally, that's IT

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Because maybe he realizes that he could have less injury risk playing guard.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
For the love of god, get some youth on the line. Resign barksdale and draft a guard high. Add depth. That's it. Literally, that's IT
Agree with your youth statement, but you forgot they also need to cut Wells, too...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Long's gonna be cut. Eating the roster spot is bad enough regardless of what he might get paid. Rams need to bring Barks back, sign one of those two centers in FA, and draft a guard like Tomlinson. Playoff OL and playoff team.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
NO. Not for any price. Tired of relying on injury prone players. We already have enough on offense with Sam and Rodger. Idk why anyone would want him back. We need to upgrade the OL. If we keep plugging in bums like Long and Joseph we'll never take the next step

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with your youth statement, but you forgot they also need to cut Wells, too...
Sorry, it hurts so much to think about him that I've decided to bury him deep into my subconscious.