Jake Long Visits Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Dan GrazianoVerified account ‏@DanGrazianoESPN

Sources say free-agent OT Jake Long visited the Giants today. Obviously interesting in light of Beatty injury.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I really like Jake Long and wish him the best but i'll be honest, that guy won't be a pro bowler again.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like Jake Long and wish him the best but i'll be honest, that guy won't be a pro bowler again.

He doesn't need to be a pro bowler to be a useful signing. However, I have my doubts that he will even be all that close to an average starter again. Hopefully I'm wrong - I wish him well - but he wasn't very good before suffering the second ACL tear. Will he even be that good after a second injury like that?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wish him well!! I Liked him in Horns!!

I didn't nothing against him, but it's time to retire the body is done and although it totally wasn't his fault I blame him for Bradford's second ACL tear!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I would still take him back to compete for a guard or RT position. He's not old... and when he was healthy, the guy was one of the two or three best offensive linemen in the game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I didn't nothing against him, but it's time to retire the body is done and although it totally wasn't his fault I blame him for Bradford's second ACL tear!
How can you, on one hand say it wasn't his fault, and then say you blame him for Bradford's 2nd ACL tear!? I don't understand!!:confused:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would still take him back to compete for a guard or RT position. He's not old... and when he was healthy, the guy was one of the two or three best offensive linemen in the game.

Time to move on younger and more durable.
f557099d5da63a9a9e656b538e48b5d7_crop_north.jpg

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How can you, on one hand say it wasn't his fault, and then say you blame him for Bradford's 2nd ACL tear!? I don't understand!!:confused:

Good point, I blame him, but Bradford should have just gone to the ground and he would've been fine, but if Long sticks with his guy Sam does not get hurt at that time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
LOL I suggested the Bronco's call him with Clady out. It seems Eli put in the call before his brother could!

jjab360

Legend
Good luck Jake, hope you find that third wind to your career and can stay healthy

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
for the right price i agree

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If I were Jake I would be thinking more RIGHT OT work.

If I wanted to get a few more yrs of NFL paydays then I would suggest the above. Jake as a decent starting OLT are gone forever. Just maybe LEFT OG work but not @ OLT.

But with two starting OLT's going down so early on possible playoff teams Jake is sure to rethink restarting his OLT career.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahhaaaaahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahhahaahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhhhhaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If I were Jake I would be thinking more RIGHT OT work.

If I wanted to get a few more yrs of NFL paydays then I would suggest the above. Jake as a decent starting OLT are gone forever. Just maybe LEFT OG work but not @ OLT.

But with two starting OLT's going down so early on possible playoff teams Jake is sure to rethink restarting his OLT career.
Basically said what I was going to. Long doesn't have the lateral movement or the speed to be a proper LT anymore. The only thing he's going to do there now is add more notches in his QB killed resume.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's had a season ending injury for the past 4 or 5. I don't want him back, he's glass.

Smart for the Giants though. Bet on his upside because they need an LT.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If he's healthy I'd love to see if he'd be willing to come back. As far as I'm concerned, I think he could at least provide leadership for the unit