Jake Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
If I was to speculate I'd say Jake has told his agent to go ahead and get this done, and has left it in his hands. So he and his wife are just waiting for his agent to tell him it's ready to sign. Which is why his agent is at dinner and not him, and his wife tweeted that they don't know either. So of course his agent will try to get as much as he can, but unless the Rams try to totally screw Long, the deal will get done, and he'll be in horns. My guess is this ends tomorrow.
This makes about the most sense out of anything.

A55VA6

Legend
RamFan503 said:
bluecoconuts said:
If I was to speculate I'd say Jake has told his agent to go ahead and get this done, and has left it in his hands. So he and his wife are just waiting for his agent to tell him it's ready to sign. Which is why his agent is at dinner and not him, and his wife tweeted that they don't know either. So of course his agent will try to get as much as he can, but unless the Rams try to totally screw Long, the deal will get done, and he'll be in horns. My guess is this ends tomorrow.
This makes about the most sense out of anything.
Agreed.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
<a class="postlink" href="https://mobile.twitter.com/kdemoff/status/312390571308224512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://mobile.twitter.com/kdemoff/stat ... 1308224512</a>. Photographic evidence of negotiations from demoff

Shawnbb158

Starter
Jake long is a ram! If after all this process he doesn't end up being a ram then we have a right to be upset but for now the reason he isn't is because our guys are making sure he is worth the money we will offer and if u don't understand that u don't understand the whole nature of football

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Shawnbb158 said:
Jake long is a ram! If after all this process he doesn't end up being a ram then we have a right to be upset but for now the reason he isn't is because our guys are making sure he is worth the money we will offer and if u don't understand that u don't understand the whole nature of football

Hmmmm.... ok?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
In & Out burger is awesome, fries suck but the shakes rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paceram

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:

As long as LONG is still in St Louis (I hope he is still in St Louis!)I think that is a good sign! If he leaves St Louis without signing a contract that will not be good! I hope your guess about him signing ends tomorrow (today) comes true!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Apparently Adam Schefter just tweeted that Miami is making a "strong push to resign" Jake Long...for whatever that's worth.

paceram

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
Apparently Adam Schefter just tweeted that Miami is making a "strong push to resign" Jake Long...for whatever that's worth.

I have a really bad feeling about this!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:

Screw you, Stephen Ross. A few months ago, you were perfectly fine with letting Long go, but now that the Rams are close to signing him, you want to screw us over? Go fuck yourself with a seven-foot pole.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

Screw you, Stephen Ross. A few months ago, you were perfectly fine with letting Long go, but now that the Rams are close to signing him, you want to screw us over? Go fuck yourself with a seven-foot pole.
Still got his panties all twisted up from losing Fisher, I presume.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
X said:

Plus Cook if nothing else Ross wants the Rams to pay more, if that's the case I don't care. I'm on the fense with Long because of his injuries. Seems if the Dolphns now want him, he will stay in South Beach...We will see how this plays out, but Ross is getting plenty of positive press and bringing Long back when he was just about to sign elsewhere would be icing on the cake.

Why is it that the Rams one way or another can never just have things flow smoothly? Always some issue, but at this point I just want the Long issue to be over one way or another.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
den-the-coach said:
X said:

Plus Cook if nothing else Ross wants the Rams to pay more, if that's the case I don't care. I'm on the fense with Long because of his injuries. Seems if the Dolphns now want him, he will stay in South Beach...We will see how this plays out, but Ross is getting plenty of positive press and bringing Long back when he was just about to sign elsewhere would be icing on the cake.

Why is it that the Rams one way or another can never just have things flow smoothly? Always some issue, but at this point I just want the Long issue to be over one way or another.
The one thing I wonder about is whether Detroit is trying to jump into the fold. Backus just announced he will be retiring and it would be good PR to bring the Michigan guy back. I'm tired of this whole thing. I'm really starting to just want the Rams to pursue Winston or Vollmer and forget trying to woo Long. Either Long wants to play for an up and coming team or not.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
This is getting old no matter the reason if we sign him this stunt cost us more money if we don't it wasted valuable time focusing on other free agents. Just get a deal done one way or another and move on already.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Somebody que the Final Jeopardy tune.

And the winning question is...........Who is the new LOT of the St. Louis Rams?

Come on and let it be so!

paceram

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
Somebody que the Final Jeopardy tune.

And the winning question is...........Who is the new LOT of the St. Louis Rams?

Come on and let it be so!

Who is Jake Long?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
[tweet]312390571308224512[/tweet]

Jake Long is drinking a Bud Light. Say what you will about Bud Light, but thats the drink I wanna see our O-line drinking :mrgreen:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
X said:
[tweet]312390571308224512[/tweet]

Jake Long is drinking a Bud Light. Say what you will about Bud Light, but thats the drink I wanna see our O-line drinking :mrgreen:

I may be wrong, but I don't think Jake Long is in that picture.