Jake Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Dining with Rams officials. I always wonder where they go and how much they eat.

Do they get desert? Soda, wine? Water?

Would be hilarious if they hit the Burger King or a pizza joint.

Speeps

Starter
DR RAM said:
[tweet]312006016638255104[/tweet]

I think for all intents and purposes, this deal is probably done.
Agreed. You don't go to dinner at this point if it's not a done deal.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
[tweet]312006016638255104[/tweet]

I think for all intents and purposes, this deal is probably done.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Probably just getting ready to give Sam an estimate on how much his 'end of the year O-Line dinner' bill will increase.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap said:
PressureD41 said:
by RustyRay
Posted: Today
Kirwan and Ryan (Sirius Satellite radio) are saying the deal with Long is done. Kirwan got a note from someone he trusts and he says its a done deal.

They also say there is no truth to Saffold making noise when Long is signed and he will slide right over and play RT.
------------------------
I cut & paste this from the rams huddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to hear! I also thought it sounded strange to hear that quiet Rodger was upset. He can't be stupid enough not to realize that the more versatility he shows, the higher his FA financial ceiling is---even to the Rams.

This is great news if it is true! But, I will feel better when I read something more official!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
paceram said:
jap said:
PressureD41 said:
by RustyRay
Kirwan and Ryan (Sirius Satellite radio) are saying the deal with Long is done. Kirwan got a note from someone he trusts and he says its a done deal.

They also say there is no truth to Saffold making noise when Long is signed and he will slide right over and play RT.
------------------------

Nice to hear! I also thought it sounded strange to hear that quiet Rodger was upset. He can't be stupid enough not to realize that the more versatility he shows, the higher his FA financial ceiling is---even to the Rams.

This is great news if it is true! But, [hil]I will feel better when I read something more official![/hil]
OK. Officially, Jake Long and his wife are going out to dinner with the Rams.

paceram

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
paceram said:
jap said:
PressureD41 said:
by RustyRay

------------------------

This is great news if it is true! But, I will feel better when I read something more official!
OK. Officially Jake Long and his wife are going out to dinner with the Rams.

OK - Now, I feel better!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I wonder if coach Boo is outside the restaurant stalking Jake Long w/ a sign "Show Jake the quan Snead"!!!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
On another forum, someone posted that Softli tweeted that Jake Long is a Ram

…..

Legend
Softli?

not sure i'd trust that attention whore.

he's prone to go with the odds. and in this case, the odds are good. He knows the process well enough to go out on a limb.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Dog said:
Softli?

he's prone to go with the odds. and in this case, the odds are good. He knows the process well enough to go out on a limb.
Fair enough...just passing on info

paceram

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
The Dog said:
Softli?

Fair enough...just passing on info

Just my personal opinion but I think IF Jake Long is going to become a Ram it will be announced before noon today. If there is no announcement my bet is he goes back to the a dolphins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]312196762058248192[/tweet]

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Well, JT said they
WINED HIM and
DINED HIM....

(there's usually a 3rd step in that expression....guess we'll find out how badly the Rams want to close this deal) :bg:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HeiseNBerg said:
Well, JT said they
WINED HIM and
DINED HIM....

(there's usually a 3rd step in that expression....guess we'll find out how badly the Rams want to close this deal) :bg:

Let's hope the Cheerleaders bring their A game for step 3. :shock: :lol:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just read that Long is still in St Louis meeting with the Rams and Eric Winston is supposedly scheduled to visit the Dolphins. Hopefully, those are two good signs that Long agrees to terms with the Rams soon. Of course, it could just mean that the Dolphins are being smart and getting a backup plan in case Long does choose the Rams. I hope the Rams have a backup plan as well!

nighttrain

Legend
I'm thinking the money is the issue for Jake & Jackie, Long hasnt played liike and elite LT for the last two years, but he wants to be paid like one
train

fearsomefour

Legend
If the Rams have any doubt that Long is too injured or has diminished to the point that he is not a top 5 or 6 LT then they should save the money and sign Winston. If Long is going to get $9-$10M (a guess) and Winston can be had for around $5M it makes more sense to upgrade the RT spot and use that extra money to find a S or OLB. Either guy upgrades the Rams line. If they believe Long can elevate his game to being a top flight LT again then it is worth the money.

As for Saffolds agent saying he doesnt want to move to RT, who cares? Of course Saffold wants to enter into free agency next year as a LT, who wouldnt? As for what Roger wants I could care less and I would assume Fisher and Co. would have the same feelings. I am tired of crappy teams and no playoffs.
Long at LT and Saffold at RT sounds great to me as does Saffold at LT and Winston at RT.