Jake Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
paceram said:
brokeu91 said:
jap said:
paceram said:
There sure seems to be a lot of conflicting stories about Jake Long agreeing to terms with the Rams. Hopefully, Long will officially agree to terms soon!

Damn sports journalists trying to get scoops by anticipating what is gonna happen before it does!
That's why I was skeptical when the first report came out. I just remember all of the hoopla about Fisher becoming a Dolphin or similar reports that just were not true. When JT tweets it, I'll believe it, since he tends to make sure this is true before he tweets it.

Am I the only one that thinks if Long leaves St. Louis without a contract that there is very little chance he will actually sign with the Rams? If they want him they better sign him while he is in town!
I was actually writing something very similar to that in another forum. I really believe that if he leaves without a contract, then he's signing somewhere else.

Then apparently his wife tweeted something like she liked her tour of St. Louis, but their not selling their home in Miami...whatever that means.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:
Then apparently his wife tweeted something like she liked her tour of St. Louis, but their not selling their home in Miami...whatever that means.

Probably means at $10M per year, they can afford 2 houses.

:lmao:

A55VA6

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
brokeu91 said:

Probably means at $10M per year, they can afford 2 houses.

My exact thought! lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
paceram said:
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
Any updates with Long?

Yeah, it's taking a Long time...

:cheese:

LONG time - Very Clevor!

I apologize pace and broke... just messin!

I'm anxious to hear more too.

I wish Softli was on a stakeout again.

Speeps

Starter
Go to sleep Rams fans:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Word from the longest physical in the history of physicals: If anything happens with Jake Long and #Rams… it'll be tomorrow #rest #longpuns

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speeps said:
Go to sleep Rams fans:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Word from the longest physical in the history of physicals: If anything happens with Jake Long and #Rams… it'll be tomorrow #rest #longpuns

And... there you have it.

jap

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
Go to sleep Rams fans:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Apparently, Jake is getting a full battery of physical tests to assert his playing readiness before the big bucks.

I wonder if they are making Delmas wait on all this.

Speeps

Starter
I'm not surprised. Injuries are involved. So Fisher will take his time, like he does everything else.

Speeps

Starter
jap said:
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
Go to sleep Rams fans:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Apparently, Jake is getting a full battery of physical tests to assert his playing readiness before the big bucks.

They are probably just doing the contracts now. If they weren't going to sign, we'd know about it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jap said:
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
Go to sleep Rams fans:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Good point, jap.

I think they like Delmas.

I think they like Long.

I think they are leveraging all of the "information" which includes the injury history.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
by RustyRay
Posted: Today
Kirwan and Ryan (Sirius Satellite radio) are saying the deal with Long is done. Kirwan got a note from someone he trusts and he says its a done deal.

They also say there is no truth to Saffold making noise when Long is signed and he will slide right over and play RT.
------------------------
I cut & paste this from the rams huddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jap

Legend
PressureD41 said:
by RustyRay
Posted: Today
Kirwan and Ryan (Sirius Satellite radio) are saying the deal with Long is done. Kirwan got a note from someone he trusts and he says its a done deal.

They also say there is no truth to Saffold making noise when Long is signed and he will slide right over and play RT.
------------------------
I cut & paste this from the rams huddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to hear! I also thought it sounded strange to hear that quiet Rodger was upset. He can't be stupid enough not to realize that the more versatility he shows, the higher his FA financial ceiling is---even to the Rams.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[tweet]312006016638255104[/tweet]

I think for all intents and purposes, this deal is probably done.