Jake Long signing beginning to look even better!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I think like most Rams fans I was ecstatic with the Rams signing of Jake Long! If he can stay healthy I can only imagine how much he will mean to the Rams OL, Sam Bradford and to the RB's! But, now I am reading that the two highest rated FA OT's (Sebastian Vollmer and Andre Smith) behind Long will probably be re-signing with their respective teams so if the Rams didn't get Long they probably would have just lost out! Another great job by Jeff Fisher & Les Snead!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yessir. Saffold, Dahl, Wells, Rok (or draft choice) and Long.
That's a pretty stout line right there.

Woulda been nice if we kept Turner, but you can't have it all I guess. :huh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Dude said:
Yessir. Saffold, Dahl, Wells, Rok (or draft choice) and Long.
That's a pretty stout line right there.

Woulda been nice if we kept Turner, but you can't have it all I guess. :huh:

"I want it all..."
images

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
paceram said:
I think like most Rams fans I was ecstatic with the Rams signing of Jake Long! If he can stay healthy I can only imagine how much he will mean to the Rams OL, Sam Bradford and to the RB's! But, now I am reading that the two highest rated FA OT's (Sebastian Vollmer and Andre Smith) behind Long will probably be re-signing with their respective teams so if the Rams didn't get Long they probably would have just lost out! Another great job by Jeff Fisher & Les Snead!
I agree Long aught to bolster our line, but when a FA returns to their initial team I think it means the market for their services was underwhelming SO I kinda think we could have gotten one of those guys.

wolfman84

Rookie
While I like that potential OL lineup, I'm starting to get a little concerned about retaining Saffold after next year. Anyone else see the possibility of targeting DJ Fluker and plugging him into RG for a year, moving Dahl to LG, and developing Watkins another year? 22 may be a little high for Fluker. It may have to involve a trade back. I Don't see him being available at 46.