Jake Long scheduled to leave

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
CGI_Ram said:
I want to solidify the line, but I don't want to break the bank to do it.

There are other tackles out there far cheaper.

Dear Jake, if you don't want to win, go back to the Dolphins.
That's pretty much my idea as well. I say we use half of the money and extend Saffold by a few more years, sign a RT and be done with it. We don't need a LT as much as a RT.

F. Mulder

Starter
I thought/think Long could/would be a very very solid upgrade to the Tackle position and you still would have had Saffold as a backup shifting back to LT should something happen to Long. With that said, the injury concerns, guaranteed money, and length of contract probably played against him from the Rams POV.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:
CGI_Ram said:

That's pretty much my idea as well. I say we use half of the money and extend Saffold by a few more years, sign a RT and be done with it. We don't need a LT as much as a RT.

I still hope we sign the guy, but I can't fault the Rams for setting limits.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]312669874793111552[/tweet]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Yeah, don't worry, I'll be hooking back up with all my socialite friends in Miami, I never wanted to leave in the first place, blah, blah....

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
X said:
Yeah, don't worry, I'll be hooking back up with all my socialite friends in Miami, I never wanted to leave in the first place, blah, blah....

Yeah more or less, I don't really like when wives/other family members get involved in these types of things. Obviously they have some say in it, but ultimately it's the players choice. I feel like she's almost too involved, and her tweets are teasing the fan bases, which like I said earlier is a little fucked. To her it's probably just a game and she thinks it's funny, bunch of mysterious tweets about how they don't know either. They know what they want, she just has fun in the spotlight a bit. As a result she's teasing both fan bases, so no matter what happens a bunch of people have been toyed with. If he stays in Miami, everyone in St Louis gets played, and vice versa.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What do you expect from a young ditzy U of Michigan grad. I'm sure she is a bigtime sorority type as well. Whatev's

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The supposed question on his physical has leaked...

Apparently, the Doctors were unable to find Jake's balls during the routine hernia exam. When they asked Jake about it,,, he assured them that everything was "OK". According to Jake, "Jackie keeps them in her purse for me."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Selassie I said:

Apparently, the Doctors were unable to find Jake's balls during the routine hernia exam. When they asked Jake about it,,, he assured them that everything was "OK". According to Jake, "Jackie keeps them in her purse for me."

:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:

Nice Selassie. :rofl:

Now I would love to see us sign Jake, but we can't give up the farm for him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Selassie I said:

maybe we should sign Jackie

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
interference said:
Selassie I said:

maybe we should sign Jackie

maybe we can draft her as a kicker.... o wait that didnt work out for whats her name nvm.

wolfman84

Rookie
I can understand the attraction to signing Long. Upgrades two positions with one signing. Disappointed it didn't get done but relieved we set a value price and didn't go beyond it. That seems to be the theme for this front office and I find it kind of refreshing. It will serve us well in the long run. We appear to be primarily dedicated to building through the draft. Adding pieces through free agency when they fit. I won't be the least bit surprised to see us move up or down in the draft if they see a player they want, even if it means not filling every hole in the roster this year. These guys actually know what they're doing and have a plan. Once again, kinda refreshing.

Ram_of_Old

CGI_Ram said:

Yup, sounds like Long use the Rams to get his Miami value up. Slug... :ahahah:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram_of_Old said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yup, sounds like Long use the Rams to get his Miami value up. Slug... :ahahah:

Maybe.

We'll see. I don't want to close the door here. But agree it feels to be.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2