Jake Locker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think that it would be hard to ind a legitimate starter willing to sit the bench. Unless we picked up mallet, who should get a shot elsewhere, I think locker is the best option (although there is Sanchez or Vick as well)
I would take Sanchez or Vick before Locker!

Either way, this is the worst year to need a QB in a really long time...

Draft sucks and FA sucks.

No real way around that.
This^ is the same way I see it!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would take Clausen before Locker. I hated Clausens game coming out, but have seen him play in spot duty and preseason the last couple of years and he really impressed me. Looks like he has matured and actually improved his decision making.

OkieRamFan

UDFA
Name
Harold
I would take Clausen before Locker. I hated Clausens game coming out, but have seen him play in spot duty and preseason the last couple of years and he really impressed me. Looks like he has matured and actually improved his decision making.

Hmm well said Mr. Kiper.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mallet would me such am expensive backup though. Also, I'm sure some team looking for a starter would intrigue him more. But then again, maybe the rams are looking for a starter...

Mallet is just as bad as the rest of them, tbh. Inaccurate, only thing the dude has going for him is size and arm, didn't love him coming out and still don't think there's anything special about him. I assume the guy to make money among the bunch is going to be Sanchez, and even he's a poor option. It's depressing, but the Rams have said they're gonna bring someone in to compete with Bradford so even if it's a farce I presume they're going to end up signing one of these guys.

The other option seems unrealistic to me (trading for QB), due to the Rams not having a lot of picks in this draft and needing to reload a couple OL at a minimum. QBs are the premium position, so with some of those guys who may be available like Foles or Glennon you are going to have teams competing for them pushing the price up. We can talk on the board about shaking one of them loose for cheap but it is doubtful we get them for what they should be worth in trade. If the Rams like one of them that much they will need to prepare to overpay a little at least for them.

This is why I also mentioned the young/unproven types in previous posts. QBs drafted in the last couple years that have not yet failed or had the option to fail would be the most affordable. And it's also why it's so important to take a developmental QB this season, get one of these guys who have the tools and give him a clipboard.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
If the Rams can bring in multiple FA QBs who are willing to compete then I say give Locker a shot as one of those guys. If the Rams were to exclusively bank on him to be the contingency plan to replace Bradford then the answer is no.

At a minimum, what the Rams need to find is an upgrade from Hill or Davis that can keep the team more completive if Bradford gets hurt yet again. IMHO expecting the Rams to find a long term starter from the 2015 draft of this year's free agent pool is tantamount to expecting to win the Powerball lottery (extremely unlikely to happen).

In the last 30 years, aside from the Giants, what team has won a super bowl with a true backup QB (none) and how many teams have even won playoff games with backup QB's (not many)?

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
What ever happened to that good rookie that was overblown by the sports media in Miami?

lockdnram21

Legend
Mallet is just as bad as the rest of them, tbh. Inaccurate, only thing the dude has going for him is size and arm, didn't love him coming out and still don't think there's anything special about him. I assume the guy to make money among the bunch is going to be Sanchez, and even he's a poor option. It's depressing, but the Rams have said they're gonna bring someone in to compete with Bradford so even if it's a farce I presume they're going to end up signing one of these guys.

The other option seems unrealistic to me (trading for QB), due to the Rams not having a lot of picks in this draft and needing to reload a couple OL at a minimum. QBs are the premium position, so with some of those guys who may be available like Foles or Glennon you are going to have teams competing for them pushing the price up. We can talk on the board about shaking one of them loose for cheap but it is doubtful we get them for what they should be worth in trade. If the Rams like one of them that much they will need to prepare to overpay a little at least for them.

This is why I also mentioned the young/unproven types in previous posts. QBs drafted in the last couple years that have not yet failed or had the option to fail would be the most affordable. And it's also why it's so important to take a developmental QB this season, get one of these guys who have the tools and give him a clipboard.
if we trade for qb it probably will be with a 2016 pick with it being able to be a better pick if qb starts and does well

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If the Rams can bring in multiple FA QBs who are willing to compete
paul-crewe-longest-yard.jpg
2000+Shane+Falco+Football+Trading+Card.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either way, this is the worst year to need a QB in a really long time...

Draft sucks and FA sucks.

No real way around that.
Well, I agree.. but I'm hoping Fisher has a way around it and will amaze us all!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Because he isnt very good, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in college and still cant in the nfl. On top of being bad he is injury prone.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because he isnt very good, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in college and still cant in the nfl. On top of being bad he is injury prone.
But where will you find a healthy accurate and good back up qb on free agency?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a pretty bad group of free agent QBs but I still wouldn't sign Locker.
True, I guess I'm making the mistake of using rose colored goggles and believing that our backup wouldn't be used lol

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, I guess I'm making the mistake of using rose colored goggles and believing that our backup wouldn't be used lol
I think that's what a lot of fans are doing.

It's so bad out there this year for QBs (free agency and draft) that we might be hoping against hope.

Truth is, it's slim pickin's for QBs right now.