Jake Ellenbogen's 2017 L.A. Rams Mock Draft 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What grade do you give my mock draft?

• Total voters

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would prefer Lamp in the 2nd and like Pat Elflein better than Pocic. Elflein is nasty and a leader also is a player who will be able to make the calls at the line.
I am with you on Awuzie, really like his game and seems like a fit.
I get what you see in Johnson but he seems like fools gold. Should of returned. His technique needs a lot of work and he may be 2 or 3 years away from actually playing in the NFL. There is a lot to work with, great size and length, but there is a lot of coaching that needs to happen. If we had more depth on the line its a great pick, but Im not sure the Rams have the luxury of this kind of gamble.
Almost forgot about Connor. Really like this kid and would provide nice depth is Gurley got hurt.
Great job, enjoyed reading your post.

Ram65

Legend
This really helps me get caught up. I don't watch college football much.

Ethan Pocic-his profile as Jrry32 said is not a power blocker so I don't think fits either.

Found this on Mixon. Knocking out a girl student in July of 2014. Came out in Dec of 2016.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...g-woman-released-suspension-restaurant-121616

It's great to read these and do some research thanks Jake.

Mixon not at combine.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786925/article/joe-mixon-to-participate-in-oklahoma-pro-day
Joe Mixon to participate in Oklahoma pro day

• 0ap1000000217559.jpg
  • By Chase Goodbread
  • College Football 24/7 writer
  • Published: Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:16 a.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:32 a.m.
  • 0 Likes | 0 Comments

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon's chance to work out for NFL scouts is coming later than those who'll participate in the NFL Scouting Combine (March 3-6 on NFL Network), but it's coming.

0ap3000000775383.jpg

2017 NFL DRAFT
Mixon will participate in Oklahoma's pro day on March 8, the school confirmed to NFL Network. That's just two days after the end of the combine, which won't include the Sooners' leading rusher in 2016.

Mixon, one of the most talented running backs in the draft, is one of several prospects who were not invited to the combine due to past conduct. The NFL instituted a policy in 2016 that bars prospects who have misdemeanor or felony convictions involving violence or use of a weapon, domestic violence, a sexual offense and/or sexual assault. Mixon doesn't have such a conviction, but NFL can bar any prospect from participating in the combine after evaluating the underlying circumstances involving the player.

Mixon struck a female OU student as a freshman in 2014 and was charged with acts resulting in gross injury, a misdemeanor. A plea agreement settled the case with Mixon serving one year of probation, counseling, and 100 hours of community service. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops suspended Mixon for the 2014 season. The victim, Amelia Molitor, suffered four broken facial bones.

Mixon rushed for 1,274 yards on 187 carries last year as a third-year sophomore at OU.

Colleges hold pro-day workouts in the weeks following the combine, drawing NFL coaches, scouts and personnel executives to campuses all over the country to further evaluate draft prospects. Pro-day workouts mimic the combine in many ways, including both drills and personal interviews, but in a much smaller setting. Without the chance to work out at the combine, Mixon's pro-day workout will carry heavy importance where his draft evaluation is concerned.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great job @jakebogen95 I would like a Wide Receiver earlier before the free safety ,however, free agency is going to play a large part on the direction of the draft.
Thank you! I agree. I think WR and CB are must in FA though. You need at least one good one.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
In this one I only gave you a "C" I don't care for the way you prioritized the Rams needs in you Draft selection. I wouldn't have gone "Center" with the 1st pick and you waited too long to go for a "Pass-Rusher"!
Hey, give it me straight DaveFan! I want nothing less and expect nothing less haha

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
This really helps me get caught up. I don't watch college football much.

Ethan Pocic-his profile as Jrry32 said is not a power blocker so I don't think fits either.

Found this on Mixon. Knocking out a girl student in July of 2014. Came out in Dec of 2016.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...g-woman-released-suspension-restaurant-121616

It's great to read these and do some research thanks Jake.

Mixon not at combine.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786925/article/joe-mixon-to-participate-in-oklahoma-pro-day
Joe Mixon to participate in Oklahoma pro day

• 0ap1000000217559.jpg
  • By Chase Goodbread
  • College Football 24/7 writer
  • Published: Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:16 a.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:32 a.m.
  • 0 Likes | 0 Comments

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon's chance to work out for NFL scouts is coming later than those who'll participate in the NFL Scouting Combine (March 3-6 on NFL Network), but it's coming.

0ap3000000775383.jpg

2017 NFL DRAFT
Mixon will participate in Oklahoma's pro day on March 8, the school confirmed to NFL Network. That's just two days after the end of the combine, which won't include the Sooners' leading rusher in 2016.

Mixon, one of the most talented running backs in the draft, is one of several prospects who were not invited to the combine due to past conduct. The NFL instituted a policy in 2016 that bars prospects who have misdemeanor or felony convictions involving violence or use of a weapon, domestic violence, a sexual offense and/or sexual assault. Mixon doesn't have such a conviction, but NFL can bar any prospect from participating in the combine after evaluating the underlying circumstances involving the player.

Mixon struck a female OU student as a freshman in 2014 and was charged with acts resulting in gross injury, a misdemeanor. A plea agreement settled the case with Mixon serving one year of probation, counseling, and 100 hours of community service. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops suspended Mixon for the 2014 season. The victim, Amelia Molitor, suffered four broken facial bones.

Mixon rushed for 1,274 yards on 187 carries last year as a third-year sophomore at OU.

Colleges hold pro-day workouts in the weeks following the combine, drawing NFL coaches, scouts and personnel executives to campuses all over the country to further evaluate draft prospects. Pro-day workouts mimic the combine in many ways, including both drills and personal interviews, but in a much smaller setting. Without the chance to work out at the combine, Mixon's pro-day workout will carry heavy importance where his draft evaluation is concerned.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.
You know I might be a little too hard on him but I just feel like there are other guys there that aren't far off or in my opinion more talented than Mixon. It's like a job search. If you have to narrow down 150 applicants, you are going to be more picky about little things to narrow it down. If a guy was formerly charged with a misdemeanor its not even to say he couldn't be a changed man and fit well. . . its more so the fact if everyone else in the job search has a flawless record the guy without one doesn't stand a chance. That's the best way I can describe this situation I have with Mixon.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Lamp and Kpassagnon are on the board at the time we pick, we should take them. I like Pocic, but Lamp makes more sense. And I firmly believe that Kpassagnon is going to be a stud. It makes me cry to see him go to the Hags in your draft.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
If Lamp and Kpassagnon are on the board at the time we pick, we should take them. I like Pocic, but Lamp makes more sense. And I firmly believe that Kpassagnon is going to be a stud. It makes me cry to see him go to the Hags in your draft.
It makes me cry too man. I just think Lamp will be off the board in the first.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watt is going to be good I have no doubt. I would rather have Mathis though. I also think that our linebackers are better than given credit for. Forrest could be an EDGE, Cory Littleton may not have been drafted but he won Rams Rookie of the Year. Bryce Hager flashed some potential with that pick in the end zone on Jimmy Graham (It was a pick the refs gave that game to seattle as much as they could!). I also think Grigsby could be solid, there are options. I don't love the inside backers in this draft either outside of Foster and Cunningham

That was a pick .
I like the 2 USC guys . Adore could be great. The kid is a joy to watch. Maybe a little small , but reminds me a little bit of a Charles Woodson type of player.Even a little Deion Sanders . Just because he is electric .

That said I only watched a few games this season. Have not studythe draft at all , really much.

Forrest Lamp would be nice , but will be drafted early.

The center position needs to be filled by a veteran Free Agent player. I'm sure McVay,Snead, & Kromer will figure that out. The offensive line is still very young.The last thing The Rams need is a starting rookie center.

That safety from K U ?? The only way they draft him is if The Rams are real short on Safety. If TJ is brought back forget about it ?? The defensive backfield needs to be addressed badly though. That is where the Comp picks came from. They lose Tru & TJ there are a couple more Comp picks & the excellent D" Back field The Rams built over the last 5 years is destroyed !!

---Adore is a kid I really like . He is a Olympic athlete though & needs to get stronger.If he was 100% football , would be a steal. Has first round skills.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I gave you an "A" because you wrote and explained your reasons for your picks well; that shows you study and put in a lot of effort. I appreciate your commitment and dedication to your craft. On to a few of the picks. Like Pocic but not in the 2nd----I actually like Toth at C a little later, don't care too much for Rod Johnson, but that's JMO.
Adoree is an interesting player, has all the talent to be a lockdown corner, he just needs to commit to relying on his speed less so he doesn't bite on double moves. I'll go and look at some of your guys I don't know too much about (that's the fun part about reading mock drafts "scouting" guys I haven't looked at before).
All in all though, good job as I appreciate your efforts.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I gave you an "A" because you wrote and explained your reasons for your picks well; that shows you study and put in a lot of effort. I appreciate your commitment and dedication to your craft. On to a few of the picks. Like Pocic but not in the 2nd----I actually like Toth at C a little later, don't care too much for Rod Johnson, but that's JMO.
Adoree is an interesting player, has all the talent to be a lockdown corner, he just needs to commit to relying on his speed less so he doesn't bite on double moves. I'll go and look at some of your guys I don't know too much about (that's the fun part about reading mock drafts "scouting" guys I haven't looked at before).
All in all though, good job as I appreciate your efforts.
Thank you sir! It means a lot especially when you go into detail. I really respect my readers. I mean if you take time out of your busy life to read MY content?!? Wow, it's just surreal and humbling. Now to take it a step further if you do that and then comment and give me positive feedback?!? That's HUGE for me. I really appreciate it. I will keep coming out with more content. I love this time of year.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
That was a pick .
I like the 2 USC guys . Adore could be great. The kid is a joy to watch. Maybe a little small , but reminds me a little bit of a Charles Woodson type of player.Even a little Deion Sanders . Just because he is electric .

That said I only watched a few games this season. Have not studythe draft at all , really much.

Forrest Lamp would be nice , but will be drafted early.

The center position needs to be filled by a veteran Free Agent player. I'm sure McVay,Snead, & Kromer will figure that out. The offensive line is still very young.The last thing The Rams need is a starting rookie center.

That safety from K U ?? The only way they draft him is if The Rams are real short on Safety. If TJ is brought back forget about it ?? The defensive backfield needs to be addressed badly though. That is where the Comp picks came from. They lose Tru & TJ there are a couple more Comp picks & the excellent D" Back field The Rams built over the last 5 years is destroyed !!

---Adore is a kid I really like . He is a Olympic athlete though & needs to get stronger.If he was 100% football , would be a steal. Has first round skills.
Haha so I'm not the only one who felt like Hager was robbed. Anyway, I love USC and KU don't ask why...That's why I like Fish Smithson alot, i've watched him a ton and I think the Jayhawks track record with Talib, Stuckey and Harris all as pro bowlers speaks for itself. Hoping Lamp falls to us that would be awesome. The center position can only be fixed in the draft or via trade or signing Kelce if he's cut. I don't like the pressure Trumaine Johnson and TJ are putting on the Rams and I would rather move on from TJ. He's actually been terrible the last two years imo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Haha so I'm not the only one who felt like Hager was robbed. Anyway, I love USC and KU don't ask why...That's why I like Fish Smithson alot, i've watched him a ton and I think the Jayhawks track record with Talib, Stuckey and Harris all as pro bowlers speaks for itself. Hoping Lamp falls to us that would be awesome. The center position can only be fixed in the draft or via trade or signing Kelce if he's cut. I don't like the pressure Trumaine Johnson and TJ are putting on the Rams and I would rather move on from TJ. He's actually been terrible the last two years imo.

Well I like I Sproles & Gordy Nelson from K - State . KU ?? I always like finding those college guys that NFL scout let slip. The playmakers.

Moss & DT from Miami went to TBay. DJackson. Ray Mauliga. The Wr from Cal to SD. Jeffries as a sophomore was my #2 pick if he came .
EJ Gaines & Jamal Brown were sleepers of mine.
-- EJ if heAlthusser can be real solid.
Jamaal Brown needs to grow up & work hard.

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Well I like I Sproles & Gordy Nelson from K - State . KU ?? I always like finding those college guys that NFL scout let slip. The playmakers.

Moss & DT from Miami went to TBay. DJackson. Ray Mauliga. The Wr from Cal to SD. Jeffries as a sophomore was my #2 pick if he came .
EJ Gaines & Jamal Brown were sleepers of mine.
-- EJ if heAlthusser can be real solid.
Jamaal Brown needs to grow up & work hard.
I was telling people Aqib Talib isn't just some scrub he is going first round. (which he did). Chris Harris Jr. I wanted the Rams to pick up when he went undrafted. I knew he was a diamond in the rough. Darrell Stuckey has been a great special teamer for the Chargers and has a Pro Bowl to go with it. Bradley McDougald is a free agent coming off a great year as a starter with the Buccaneers. I really believe JaCorey Shepherd can be something special if given the playing time. Also Ben Heeney was also from KU who started the season as the starting MLB for the Raiders, Anthony Collins was a stud LT who actually won the job over Whitworth in Cincy and Dezmon Briscoe flashed potential on Tampa Bay. The Jayhawks have some decent players that no one talks about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was telling people Aqib Talib isn't just some scrub he is going first round. (which he did). Chris Harris Jr. I wanted the Rams to pick up when he went undrafted. I knew he was a diamond in the rough. Darrell Stuckey has been a great special teamer for the Chargers and has a Pro Bowl to go with it. Bradley McDougald is a free agent coming off a great year as a starter with the Buccaneers. I really believe JaCorey Shepherd can be something special if given the playing time. Also Ben Heeney was also from KU who started the season as the starting MLB for the Raiders, Anthony Collins was a stud LT who actually won the job over Whitworth in Cincy and Dezmon Briscoe flashed potential on Tampa Bay. The Jayhawks have some decent players that no one talks about.

--Impressive - you have me sold. It seems like that would be a good spot to draft him. Still have to get through the combine.Ball skills are huge.
--Taylor Mays was a big FS from USC. That he broke the 40 record for a moment. He then step into the DB drills & he looked like a Fish(pun) out of water.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
--Impressive - you have me sold. It seems like that would be a good spot to draft him. Still have to get through the combine.Ball skills are huge.
--Taylor Mays was a big FS from USC. That he broke the 40 record for a moment. He then step into the DB drills & he looked like a Fish(pun) out of water.
Haha on the pun. Unfortunately he was snubbed from the combine. Can't make this up...