Jake Ellenbogen's 2017 L.A. Rams Final Mock Draft 5.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
227364_a1f5264a614f41b39054b4798510b57e~mv2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...-Ellenbogens-2017-LA-Rams-Final-Mock-Draft-50

The draft buzz is growing, the impatience is rising and finally the NFL draft is almost here. Now I bring you my final Rams mock draft of the year and with this mock there are going to be some definite shakeups throughout. We have seen free agent signing of CB Nickell Robey-Coleman lessen the need for a cornerback and at the same time we saw a waiver claim of Tre’ Jackson backfire due to a failed physical. While my co-writers here at Downtown Rams all came out with their final mock last week, I have been waiting till everything settled down to bring you my final mock draft the week of the draft.

2nd Round (37th overall) – Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State (6-foot-1, 209 lbs.)
227364_3f0cb65d3d3c414883ffe7ff515ed35e~mv2.webp

I ended up holding on to Godwin as the first pick of Sean McVay’s tenure for practically the whole post-season pre-draft process. Godwin is just too skilled to pass up for me. I graded him slightly above the likes of Zay Jones and JuJu Smith-Schuster and I feel as though Godwin does too much of everything to not pull the trigger on him. What really opened my eyes to Godwin was his combine performance. We all watched the exciting Rose Bowl game between USC and Penn State and we watched as USC started off the game dominating, but then slowly started to deteriorate only to eventually take the lead in thrilling fashion. Godwin was the number one thing I remember about that game and while I am a fan of USC, it’s quite evident he is the better prospect over JuJu Smith-Schuster. I am actually expecting this pick to be guaranteed a receiving prospect in some manner whether it is Godwin, Jones, Smith-Schuster or even Evan Engram. I feel as though Godwin I have rolled with for this long and can’t get off the bandwagon now.

Alternate pick: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

3rd Round (69th overall) – Ethan Pocic, C, LSU (6-foot-6, 310 lbs.)
227364_097b879cf17e4dbfa28bbdb949857dac~mv2.webp

I am officially back on the Ethan Pocic train after a quick hiatus? If you want to call it that…Pocic to me is too good to pass up in the third round. I went back and forth with Jalen Tabor and many others here but I feel as though Pocic makes tons of sense. This man runs like a gazelle and is effortless in getting to the second level which will help out Todd Gurley a ton. Pocic in my opinion can start right away and I believe he would beat out John Sullivan by the end of preseason. Why is Pocic falling here? I will answer that question, the reason for his and Pat Elflein’s fall are due to the fact that Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney both have the versatility to play center and teams like them better. That is the reason and instead of complaining how that is unfair just be happy the Rams land a blue collar prospect in Pocic. I will say this, if you feel this is a bad move because the Rams have Sullivan you are wrong in that regard Sullivan will give the Rams an average starting presence with veteran leadership but Pocic is the future for the Rams.

Alternate pick: Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida

4th Round (112th overall) – George Kittle, TE, Iowa (6-foot-4, 247 lbs.)
227364_a7e8441cc85747b2bdf1cc4d1f2a81a8~mv2_d_3554_2550_s_4_2.webp

My love affair for Kittle is justified and I have proven that to my readers over the last month or so. George Kittle is the ultimate sleeper of the NFL draft and would fit in like a glove with Tyler Higbee in Sean McVay’s offense. I had the privilege of talking to Kittle himself and he said the Rams talked to him at the combine, he also believed he himself would fit in greatly with McVay’s system due to the fact he can bring all the versatility to the table and the main fact at Iowa they ran a pro-style offense. Kittle embraces total annihilation of his blocking assignment, but he doesn’t stop there. If you forget down the road how athletic he is…he can gash you for a huge gain with his 4.52 speed. Extremely underrated prospect and I want to complain for this guy, but if him being low profile gets him to the Rams in the fourth I’m golden. This is a type of player that is a culture changer and you want these players on your football team.

Alternate pick: Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International

4th Round (141st overall) – Blair Brown, ILB, Ohio (5-foot-11, 238 lbs.)
227364_7f16227f66d64a55afd5a66e4d979154~mv2.webp

I may be a little late to this guy, but the fact is I want Blair Brown to be wearing horns come 2017. You may have just taken a gander at his height and weight and rolled your eyes, but make no mistake this kid can flat out play. This is a kid that you know if he’s anywhere near the ball-carrier he is making the tackle. He is very efficient in that department, he is an extremely intelligent and instinctive player. Brown’s game can be summed up in this phrase “find the ball, see the ball and get the ball”. Brown is always making plays around the football he has the athleticism, toughness and high motor to really give him a look earlier in the draft, but I think his height will keep him from going where he should. This is a player that has clear sideline to sideline burst and is explosive right off the snap. The Rams may not know what to do with their linebackers, but Brown is much too talented to pass up and Wade Phillips shouldn’t have a problem finding him playing time.

Alternate pick: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU

5th Round (149th overall) – Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State (6-foot-1, 239)
227364_a756eb2943284181a953fbb81daeda91~mv2.webp

Here is another sleeper I love and had the pleasure of speaking with. Javancy Jones is an absolute leader and scouts rave about that portion of his game. I have been trying to get the Javancy Jones to the Rams bandwagon going as you may have seen, but time will only tell if it works out. Jones has really been building steam to be picked higher than people believed he could go in the draft. I really like the idea of picking Jones to give you a player that is similar to Markus Golden. Jones will likely not start over Robert Quinn or Connor Barwin but would be perfect in a rotation like Phillips has used in the past in Denver with Von Miller, Shane Ray, Shaq Barrett and DeMarcus Ware. Jones has the ability to diagnose a play quicker than almost any outside linebacker in this draft. He plays with great leverage and gets low enough to dip under offensive tackles. He is going to bring a high intensity nature to the field every snap he’s on it for and he is extremely violent with the potential to force plenty of turnovers. This is a player that may not seem like the sexy pick now, but down the road these are the guys that scouts are comparing incoming sleepers to. Watch out for Javancy jones.

Alternate pick: Glen Antoine, NT, Idaho

6th Round (189th overall) – Kyle Sloter, QB, Northern Colorado (6-foot-5, 211 lbs.)
227364_9aceb43f42c144fe8ac626fd10033d8e~mv2.webp

And there’s the quarterback appearance again. I went away from it for a while, but I just couldn’t resist this time around now that I have done all my research and watched all my film. I feel like Kyle Sloter is going to be the perfect developmental quarterback prospect. There are other players like Phillip Walker and David Washington in play here, but I ultimately believe that Sloter is the best fit to be the insurance to Jared Goff. I like the Rams quarterbacks at the moment, but think about it. Last year the Redskins took Nate Sudfeld to develop behind Kirk Cousins. Well now Cousins isn’t guaranteed to sign long term and Sudfeld might have to be the starter next year for the Redskins depending on what happens. Now of course Cousins is established and that’s evident by now, but with the Rams they are looking at a QB they have mortgaged the future on in Jared Goff who isn’t a guarantee. I like Goff and I believe he will be fine, but you need to prepare for anything in this business and that is just what this pick does. You can likely trade one of Sean Mannion or Aaron Murray and possibly recoup another pick, but I feel as though McVay is going to want to select his own QB and Sloter seems like the perfect low key steal in the sixth round. He has a great arm, he is as mobile as they come running in the 4.6’s and he’s got a serious knowledge of the game of football. This would be a great pick for the Rams as he compares similarly to a mixture of Jimmy Garappolo, Tony Romo, Carson Wentz and Derek Carr.

Alternate pick: David Jones, FS, Richmond

6th Round (206th overall) – Fish Smithson, FS, Kansas (5-foot-11, 201 lbs.)
227364_4873e20383db4df4a2709e2ed6693a48~mv2.webp

Another player that is just a leader on the football field and a high character in Fish Smithson. I believe you are now starting to see a trend here of the talent that I feel the Rams should and could go after. McVay has adopted a “We not Me” slogan and grabbing players like Smithson, Jones, Sloter, Brown, Godwin, Pocic and Kittle show that this draft class is full of high character and passionate football players. Smithson isn’t the freakish athlete that many want in the next free safety for the Rams, but he is a player that is extremely instinctive and led the FBS in solo tackles. He is a sound tackler and is quite the ball-hawk as well. Smithson played on a Kansas team that found themselves down more often than not, but regardless of the situation Smithson never lowered his effort. His is a guy that will give you his all no matter what the cost is. He truly believes in being a teammate and being a leader and a role model and that is another type of player you want on your team. Its worth noting Smithson has the ability to slide into the cornerback position showing off his versatility and added value to a team picking in the sixth round.

Alternate pick: Speedy Noil, WR, Texas A&M

7th Round (234th overall) – DaQuan Holmes, CB, American International (5-foot-10, 187 lbs.)
227364_7b953a9abf044d349453fd11f2a86632~mv2.webp

Last but not least we have DaQuan Holmes who is quite possibly one of the absolute top division two stars in this draft. Holmes has met with the Rams multiple times so the interest is clearly there. He is a very intelligent player and person so right off the bat you are getting someone in the seventh round that probably studies more game film than day two picks. Holmes has a knack for utilizing his anticipation and awareness and stepping in front of a pass. He is a model of consistency in the interception department as well as the tackling department. Holmes ran a 4.45 at the Harvard pro day he attended and showed off his ambition to go out of his comfort zone and get his name out there for the rest of scouts. This kid is the real deal and there is a reason why the rival 49ers privately visited him. Holmes may likely go a round or two higher, but there is a possibility the Rams could steal him in the seventh round. Holmes makes a ton of sense here because the Rams aren’t really lacking at cornerback and do not need to spend an early round pick, so they are able to bolster other positions depth and select a cornerback who could prove to be a division two diamond in the rough like I believe he can and quite possibly end up like his favorite player and his pro comparison Malcolm Butler.

Alternate pick: Jylan Ware, OT, Alabama State

Possible UDFA signings:

QB Wes Lunt, Illinois

WR Austin Carr, Northwestern

WR DeAngelo Yancey, Purdue

OT Darrell Williams, Western Kentucky

C Tobijah Hughley, Louisville

DT Joey Ivie, Florida

ILB Kenneth Olugbode, Colorado

CB Tyquwan Glass, Fresno State

CB J.R. Nelson, Montana

CB Brad Watson, Wake Forest

S Rudy Ford, Auburn

S Orion Stewart, Baylor

Thoughts Rams fans? Let me hear it!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
227364_a1f5264a614f41b39054b4798510b57e~mv2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...-Ellenbogens-2017-LA-Rams-Final-Mock-Draft-50

The draft buzz is growing, the impatience is rising and finally the NFL draft is almost here. Now I bring you my final Rams mock draft of the year and with this mock there are going to be some definite shakeups throughout. We have seen free agent signing of CB Nickell Robey-Coleman lessen the need for a cornerback and at the same time we saw a waiver claim of Tre’ Jackson backfire due to a failed physical. While my co-writers here at Downtown Rams all came out with their final mock last week, I have been waiting till everything settled down to bring you my final mock draft the week of the draft.

227364_3f0cb65d3d3c414883ffe7ff515ed35e~mv2.webp

I ended up holding on to Godwin as the first pick of Sean McVay’s tenure for practically the whole post-season pre-draft process. Godwin is just too skilled to pass up for me. I graded him slightly above the likes of Zay Jones and JuJu Smith-Schuster and I feel as though Godwin does too much of everything to not pull the trigger on him. What really opened my eyes to Godwin was his combine performance. We all watched the exciting Rose Bowl game between USC and Penn State and we watched as USC started off the game dominating, but then slowly started to deteriorate only to eventually take the lead in thrilling fashion. Godwin was the number one thing I remember about that game and while I am a fan of USC, it’s quite evident he is the better prospect over JuJu Smith-Schuster. I am actually expecting this pick to be guaranteed a receiving prospect in some manner whether it is Godwin, Jones, Smith-Schuster or even Evan Engram. I feel as though Godwin I have rolled with for this long and can’t get off the bandwagon now.

Alternate pick: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

3rd Round (69th overall) – Ethan Pocic, C, LSU (6-foot-6, 310 lbs.)
227364_097b879cf17e4dbfa28bbdb949857dac~mv2.webp

I am officially back on the Ethan Pocic train after a quick hiatus? If you want to call it that…Pocic to me is too good to pass up in the third round. I went back and forth with Jalen Tabor and many others here but I feel as though Pocic makes tons of sense. This man runs like a gazelle and is effortless in getting to the second level which will help out Todd Gurley a ton. Pocic in my opinion can start right away and I believe he would beat out John Sullivan by the end of preseason. Why is Pocic falling here? I will answer that question, the reason for his and Pat Elflein’s fall are due to the fact that Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney both have the versatility to play center and teams like them better. That is the reason and instead of complaining how that is unfair just be happy the Rams land a blue collar prospect in Pocic. I will say this, if you feel this is a bad move because the Rams have Sullivan you are wrong in that regard Sullivan will give the Rams an average starting presence with veteran leadership but Pocic is the future for the Rams.

Alternate pick: Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida

4th Round (112th overall) – George Kittle, TE, Iowa (6-foot-4, 247 lbs.)
227364_a7e8441cc85747b2bdf1cc4d1f2a81a8~mv2_d_3554_2550_s_4_2.webp

My love affair for Kittle is justified and I have proven that to my readers over the last month or so. George Kittle is the ultimate sleeper of the NFL draft and would fit in like a glove with Tyler Higbee in Sean McVay’s offense. I had the privilege of talking to Kittle himself and he said the Rams talked to him at the combine, he also believed he himself would fit in greatly with McVay’s system due to the fact he can bring all the versatility to the table and the main fact at Iowa they ran a pro-style offense. Kittle embraces total annihilation of his blocking assignment, but he doesn’t stop there. If you forget down the road how athletic he is…he can gash you for a huge gain with his 4.52 speed. Extremely underrated prospect and I want to complain for this guy, but if him being low profile gets him to the Rams in the fourth I’m golden. This is a type of player that is a culture changer and you want these players on your football team.

Alternate pick: Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International

4th Round (141st overall) – Blair Brown, ILB, Ohio (5-foot-11, 238 lbs.)
227364_7f16227f66d64a55afd5a66e4d979154~mv2.webp

I may be a little late to this guy, but the fact is I want Blair Brown to be wearing horns come 2017. You may have just taken a gander at his height and weight and rolled your eyes, but make no mistake this kid can flat out play. This is a kid that you know if he’s anywhere near the ball-carrier he is making the tackle. He is very efficient in that department, he is an extremely intelligent and instinctive player. Brown’s game can be summed up in this phrase “find the ball, see the ball and get the ball”. Brown is always making plays around the football he has the athleticism, toughness and high motor to really give him a look earlier in the draft, but I think his height will keep him from going where he should. This is a player that has clear sideline to sideline burst and is explosive right off the snap. The Rams may not know what to do with their linebackers, but Brown is much too talented to pass up and Wade Phillips shouldn’t have a problem finding him playing time.

Alternate pick: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU

5th Round (149th overall) – Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State (6-foot-1, 239)
227364_a756eb2943284181a953fbb81daeda91~mv2.webp

Here is another sleeper I love and had the pleasure of speaking with. Javancy Jones is an absolute leader and scouts rave about that portion of his game. I have been trying to get the Javancy Jones to the Rams bandwagon going as you may have seen, but time will only tell if it works out. Jones has really been building steam to be picked higher than people believed he could go in the draft. I really like the idea of picking Jones to give you a player that is similar to Markus Golden. Jones will likely not start over Robert Quinn or Connor Barwin but would be perfect in a rotation like Phillips has used in the past in Denver with Von Miller, Shane Ray, Shaq Barrett and DeMarcus Ware. Jones has the ability to diagnose a play quicker than almost any outside linebacker in this draft. He plays with great leverage and gets low enough to dip under offensive tackles. He is going to bring a high intensity nature to the field every snap he’s on it for and he is extremely violent with the potential to force plenty of turnovers. This is a player that may not seem like the sexy pick now, but down the road these are the guys that scouts are comparing incoming sleepers to. Watch out for Javancy jones.

Alternate pick: Glen Antoine, NT, Idaho

6th Round (189th overall) – Kyle Sloter, QB, Northern Colorado (6-foot-5, 211 lbs.)
227364_9aceb43f42c144fe8ac626fd10033d8e~mv2.webp

And there’s the quarterback appearance again. I went away from it for a while, but I just couldn’t resist this time around now that I have done all my research and watched all my film. I feel like Kyle Sloter is going to be the perfect developmental quarterback prospect. There are other players like Phillip Walker and David Washington in play here, but I ultimately believe that Sloter is the best fit to be the insurance to Jared Goff. I like the Rams quarterbacks at the moment, but think about it. Last year the Redskins took Nate Sudfeld to develop behind Kirk Cousins. Well now Cousins isn’t guaranteed to sign long term and Sudfeld might have to be the starter next year for the Redskins depending on what happens. Now of course Cousins is established and that’s evident by now, but with the Rams they are looking at a QB they have mortgaged the future on in Jared Goff who isn’t a guarantee. I like Goff and I believe he will be fine, but you need to prepare for anything in this business and that is just what this pick does. You can likely trade one of Sean Mannion or Aaron Murray and possibly recoup another pick, but I feel as though McVay is going to want to select his own QB and Sloter seems like the perfect low key steal in the sixth round. He has a great arm, he is as mobile as they come running in the 4.6’s and he’s got a serious knowledge of the game of football. This would be a great pick for the Rams as he compares similarly to a mixture of Jimmy Garappolo, Tony Romo, Carson Wentz and Derek Carr.

Alternate pick: David Jones, FS, Richmond

6th Round (206th overall) – Fish Smithson, FS, Kansas (5-foot-11, 201 lbs.)
227364_4873e20383db4df4a2709e2ed6693a48~mv2.webp

Another player that is just a leader on the football field and a high character in Fish Smithson. I believe you are now starting to see a trend here of the talent that I feel the Rams should and could go after. McVay has adopted a “We not Me” slogan and grabbing players like Smithson, Jones, Sloter, Brown, Godwin, Pocic and Kittle show that this draft class is full of high character and passionate football players. Smithson isn’t the freakish athlete that many want in the next free safety for the Rams, but he is a player that is extremely instinctive and led the FBS in solo tackles. He is a sound tackler and is quite the ball-hawk as well. Smithson played on a Kansas team that found themselves down more often than not, but regardless of the situation Smithson never lowered his effort. His is a guy that will give you his all no matter what the cost is. He truly believes in being a teammate and being a leader and a role model and that is another type of player you want on your team. Its worth noting Smithson has the ability to slide into the cornerback position showing off his versatility and added value to a team picking in the sixth round.

Alternate pick: Speedy Noil, WR, Texas A&M

7th Round (234th overall) – DaQuan Holmes, CB, American International (5-foot-10, 187 lbs.)
227364_7b953a9abf044d349453fd11f2a86632~mv2.webp

Last but not least we have DaQuan Holmes who is quite possibly one of the absolute top division two stars in this draft. Holmes has met with the Rams multiple times so the interest is clearly there. He is a very intelligent player and person so right off the bat you are getting someone in the seventh round that probably studies more game film than day two picks. Holmes has a knack for utilizing his anticipation and awareness and stepping in front of a pass. He is a model of consistency in the interception department as well as the tackling department. Holmes ran a 4.45 at the Harvard pro day he attended and showed off his ambition to go out of his comfort zone and get his name out there for the rest of scouts. This kid is the real deal and there is a reason why the rival 49ers privately visited him. Holmes may likely go a round or two higher, but there is a possibility the Rams could steal him in the seventh round. Holmes makes a ton of sense here because the Rams aren’t really lacking at cornerback and do not need to spend an early round pick, so they are able to bolster other positions depth and select a cornerback who could prove to be a division two diamond in the rough like I believe he can and quite possibly end up like his favorite player and his pro comparison Malcolm Butler.

Alternate pick: Jylan Ware, OT, Alabama State

Possible UDFA signings:

QB Wes Lunt, Illinois

WR Austin Carr, Northwestern

WR DeAngelo Yancey, Purdue

OT Darrell Williams, Western Kentucky

C Tobijah Hughley, Louisville

DT Joey Ivie, Florida

ILB Kenneth Olugbode, Colorado

CB Tyquwan Glass, Fresno State

CB J.R. Nelson, Montana

CB Brad Watson, Wake Forest

S Rudy Ford, Auburn

S Orion Stewart, Baylor

Thoughts Rams fans? Let me hear it!
I'll keep an eye on your mock ????

What I do Know !! In Snead I trust .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goodwin, Pocic, and Kittle are winning picks. Brown....hmmm. you know that ILB at Oklahoma...Evans??? I'd want him instead. Blair Brown does have nice film...seems scouts love him...I just think Evans is NFL talent. I like Jones...I saw that defense...I'd imagine that Jackson State has a couple more pro players. I thought he was with JacksonVILLE state? Oh well...Never heard of Slother until you wrote about him last week. I'd gamble on Davis Webb if were still looking for QB's...probably have to spend a 3rd or 4th on him as well. Seems a lot of people are high on Smitherson. Has Kansas gotten better in the last 40 years? I hate slow DB's.....I really hate slow corners or FS.....Just an opinion. Slow receivers I'll give a slight chance but usually they can't get open and I end up hating them too. LOLOLOLOL Never heard of Holmes...I'll go over to draft-breakdown...see if I can find him.

Thanks for posting Jake. Always a good read.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good work. I'm in the camp of looking for edge rusher or CB at 37 but the POV makes sense.
I don't see drafting a QB who will be UDFA even if its only a 6th rounder.

Ram65

Legend

I can see Kittle over Evans as he is more of a dual blocking and catching threat. Rams might have to do some moving around. Don't know if they can wait till round 4 and maybe could wait till later in round 3 after a trade down. Kittle and Higbee would be able to do the similar routes and blocking. Could be an advantage for McVay when calling plays to power run with them or pass.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Especially like the picks of Godwin and Kittle. Kittle "fits" extremely well with Higbee being that he is such a good blocker; read somewhere that he only had 1 drop in his time at Iowa, think he was under-utilized as a receiver. Kittle's blocking ability makes him the perfect replacement for Kendricks. Godwin has played and produced on both sides of the field----left or right hash marks, and he "fits" because he can win at all three levels of the field. If we come out of this draft with these two guys I'd be very happy!!! Good job Jake!!!

Zero

Pro Bowler
Absolutely love this guy.Prefer him over Zay,JuJu .
He fits the type of receiver we need.Capable of stretching
the field.Great homework on this one Jake!

I feel as though Godwin I have rolled with for this long and can’t get off the bandwagon now.
You have no reason to.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Need a CB before a QB and IMO you need a CB by the 4th round at the very minimum.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well , I'd question a couple of your picks , but I did just see Kittle run his 40 TE's dash. WOW he is fast & smooth.

Goodwin is solid as well. WTch Senior Bowl today & Zay Jones is a player. Very impressed & RB Hunt

Was thinking The Rams need help at DB

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'd be pretty happy with this draft. I'd rather luck out and have a Derick Rivers sitting there in the 4th than Blair Brown just cause the need is higher. But I'd be impressed with our future with Godwin, Pocic, and Kittle.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate the effort and work you put into this, but it doesn't really do it for me.

BeefJurky

Rookie
1-Godwin and Pocic and Kittle, hell yea.
2-I don't think we should draft a QB at all.
3-The rest of the picks I agree with, more or less.

Good work. I'm in the camp of looking for edge rusher or CB at 37 but the POV makes sense.
So with the offense that has been dead last for 2 years in a row, and a young QB who really needs some help around him to be successful, you want to draft for defense first of all?
And with Trumaine, Webster, Gaines, Mo, Barron, Robey-Coleman, Joyner... you want a DB?
I'd really like to hear some insight into that logic, especially if you aren't assuming Trumaine will be traded (which you really shouldn't be at this point).

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goodwin, Pocic, and Kittle are winning picks. Brown....hmmm. you know that ILB at Oklahoma...Evans??? I'd want him instead. Blair Brown does have nice film...seems scouts love him...I just think Evans is NFL talent. I like Jones...I saw that defense...I'd imagine that Jackson State has a couple more pro players. I thought he was with JacksonVILLE state? Oh well...Never heard of Slother until you wrote about him last week. I'd gamble on Davis Webb if were still looking for QB's...probably have to spend a 3rd or 4th on him as well. Seems a lot of people are high on Smitherson. Has Kansas gotten better in the last 40 years? I hate slow DB's.....I really hate slow corners or FS.....Just an opinion. Slow receivers I'll give a slight chance but usually they can't get open and I end up hating them too. LOLOLOLOL Never heard of Holmes...I'll go over to draft-breakdown...see if I can find him.

Thanks for posting Jake. Always a good read.
Thanks for reading! I apologize I didn't answer sooner. Just got back from a nice day trip to NYC. Anyway...The first three picks many agree on and then it gets a little hazy. I understand that, these are players that I have fallen in love with and feel offer extreme value where I have them being picked. Blair Brown is sneaky good and he reminds me of a mixture of Dexter Coakley and Gary Brackett. You are getting a real good player in Brown in the fourth round. After talking to Sloter it's likely he ends up going in the sixth round and maybe even the fifth he is gaining steam. DaQuan Holmes is a local guy from Upstate NY and I recently interviewed him and he told me at AIC the Rams have gone out there and met with him on three separate occasions. You know I love Fish that won't change ahaha.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Thanks for reading. I think Jones offers extreme value as the edge rusher drafted in the fifth. As far Sloter, he is going to be drafted and is gaining steam in a weaker QB class. He's graded out on my QB board in the top 5. I love the kid and what he brings to the table.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I can see Kittle over Evans as he is more of a dual blocking and catching threat. Rams might have to do some moving around. Don't know if they can wait till round 4 and maybe could wait till later in round 3 after a trade down. Kittle and Higbee would be able to do the similar routes and blocking. Could be an advantage for McVay when calling plays to power run with them or pass.
Thank you for reading! I actually think something that is being forgotten about is the fact Evan Engram or a pick like that steals Higbee's starter role and overshadows him to be quite honest, I am all for complimenting him and Kittle will do that and more. Can't wait to share my interview with him to you, you will fall in love with his character.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Especially like the picks of Godwin and Kittle. Kittle "fits" extremely well with Higbee being that he is such a good blocker; read somewhere that he only had 1 drop in his time at Iowa, think he was under-utilized as a receiver. Kittle's blocking ability makes him the perfect replacement for Kendricks. Godwin has played and produced on both sides of the field----left or right hash marks, and he "fits" because he can win at all three levels of the field. If we come out of this draft with these two guys I'd be very happy!!! Good job Jake!!!
Thank you as always for your support. Kittle is by far the best fit for Sean McVay's offense. We are talking about a TE that has had 5 years of college, played in a pro-style offense at Iowa, has a former OT as his dad, ran a 4.52 and 37 inch vertical jump and he is a blocking menace. No off the field issues and the player you could say cares about football more than anything.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Absolutely love this guy.Prefer him over Zay,JuJu .
He fits the type of receiver we need.Capable of stretching
the field.Great homework on this one Jake!

You have no reason to.
Hey man absolutely, I love Godwin, I think he is the pick at 37 and maybe even later in the second if we trade down. Godwin is the one WR that does the most of what McVay wants his WRs to do. Corey Davis would be my guy if available but he wont be so Godwin easily. I think Jones lacks separation against lesser competition and was fed bubble screens and a heavy diet of short flats. Godwin played at Penn State and ran a diverse route tree and according to reception perception was the most successful in different routes. I think the Engram pick honestly overshadows Higbee and will just drive him away guaranteed. Kittle is the obvious fit at TE. So yeah also I like USC and I am a fan of JuJu but Godwin or bust in the second unless TJ Watt, Rueben Foster or Jabrill Peppers are the pick.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Need a CB before a QB and IMO you need a CB by the 4th round at the very minimum.
Thank you for reading. I picked a CB late round he is quite possibly the best D2 player in this draft DaQuan Holmes. The Rams have met with him 3 times at his college so that leaves me with reason to believe he would be a serious target. I don't find it necessary to draft a top corner. The NRC signing made it unnecessary.