Jairus Byrd available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5307/jairus-byrd

According to multiple sources, it appears Mr. Byrd may not sign his tender nor receive a long-term contract offer from Buffalo.

And apparently, their beat writer Chris Brown felt confident enough in a fan Q & A to say he may be available at the right price, "Brown suggests trading Byrd for a "proven starting guard." The Bills would likely also want a high draft pick."

Living here in New England, I get the chance to see him play a lot and this guy is a STUD. He would look amazing in our secondary and solidify our defense into top 3-5 in the league. He would also be a great mentor to McDonald, and the best part is, he is entering his prime (turns 27 in October).

Now, with our previous regime, I would never even imagine the possibility of a trade being made, but with Snead and FISh, ANYTHING is possible!! :p :p

A trade of this magnitude would be freakin' epic, getting a top 5 safety!

What do you guys think?

GO RAMS!!!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Would be a very solid player to land if we could imo. I wonder what we'd have to give up though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Harvey Dahl and Dominique Byrd... deal!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Not trying to be a downer...current salary cap. Fisher, Snead and staff likely prefer who's currently on the roster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

lmao!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Username said:
Would be a very solid player to land if we could imo. I wonder what we'd have to give up though.

I'd imagine if we began trade talks in preseason, the Bills would be demanding one of our 1sts.. but I think as this thing gets closer to the kickoff of the season they may be willing to come down from that and accept our second, fourth and maybe a 2015 second? lol Idk, that's why I leave it up to the pros!!

My one worry though would be the salary cap ramifications and whether or not we'd actually have enough cap, which I think right now we are really close to zilch.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
BatteringRambo said:
Not trying to be a downer...current salary cap. Fisher, Snead and staff likely prefer who's currently on the roster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nighttrain said:
yup, we dont have the salary cap money, Not this time around
train

yea my thoughts too :x :x :boohoo: :boohoo:

... But if anyone can figure it out it would be Demoff and the rest of this amazing staff!! I believe!!! :twisted: :twisted:

GO RAMS!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NERamsFan said:
CGI_Ram said:

lmao!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Years ago we'd (as fans) offer our trash in every deal... Byrd was always trade bait. :lol:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I read he and Buffalo are $2 million per year apart. We couldn't even come close to affording him but it sure would be nice. :bg:

FRO

Legend
A second rounder probably gets it done, but we don't have the cap space to make the move. Wish we did.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FRO said:
A second rounder probably gets it done, but we don't have the cap space to make the move. Wish we did.

Where this is a will, there is a way.

If the Rams want Byrd, they'll get him.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
CGI_Ram said:
FRO said:

Where this is a will, there is a way.

If the Rams want Byrd, they'll get him.

Exactly my thoughts! Think about it, we have the big hole back there and the ammo to properly fix it. Not to mention, who was it again that we traded with during the draft to get Austin? Oh that's right BUFFALO!! So the relationship is there and just coming off the draft I'm sure Buffalo may shoot a call to Demoff or Snead out of respect if they decide they just can't come to terms with Byrd.

It's honestly a match made in heaven IF we can solve the salary cap dilemma. But again, we have the best in the buizz handling it... I am willing to bet that if a contract is not reached by next Monday, we will be one of the teams entertaining the thought for sure.

Keep the faith people!! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :lol: :lol: :lol:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
We'd have to restructure somebody and I don't know who that would be. I think Snisher thinks we can get by with what we have and get someone cheap in the draft next year. We tried signing someone expensive at safety in Mikell and I'm not sure we got our money's worth there.

Sam's new contract is gonna raise his salary considerably in all likely hood. We need to keep a decent amount of flexibility for that or we'll have to get rid of players we like. The constant influx of cheap talent obtained via the draft is the new winning paradigm IMO.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/report-no-contract-talks-expected-for-bills-jairus-byrd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... irus-byrd/</a>
Report: No contract talks expected for Bills, Jairus Byrd

Over the weekend, we passed along a report that there was no progress on a contract for Bills safety Jairus Byrd.

There might not be much need to keep the light on waiting for updates. Tim Graham of the Buffalo News backs up that report with one of his own that the Bills are “not close” to signing Byrd, who got the franchise tag earlier this offseason, and that there aren’t any talks scheduled this week. Players with franchise tags must sign long-term deals with their teams by July 15 or wait until after the 2013 season comes to an end.

Beyond that, Graham reports that no talks are expected between the Bills and agent Eugene Parker this week. That would leave Byrd, who joins Broncos tackle Ryan Clady as the only franchised players yet to sign their tenders, with a couple of choices. He can sign the tag and play out the year for $6.916 million or hold out until the post-Week 10 deadline to report and accrue the season he’d need to become an unrestricted free agent again after the 2013 season.

The first option seems more likely since it would have the best chance of bolstering his case for a big contract in Buffalo or elsewhere, but we’ll find out soon enough which door Byrd decides to walk through.

He'll end up signing his franchise tender I bet.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I would love to have him, but i just don't see it happening. I'd love to be wrong.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Always have had a mancrush on Byrd if Snisher some how pulls this off I think I will be in love lol. :sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
We'd have to restructure somebody and I don't know who that would be. I think Snisher thinks we can get by with what we have and get someone cheap in the draft next year. We tried signing someone expensive at safety in Mikell and I'm not sure we got our money's worth there.

Sam's new contract is gonna raise his salary considerably in all likely hood. We need to keep a decent amount of flexibility for that or we'll have to get rid of players we like. The constant influx of cheap talent obtained via the draft is the new winning paradigm IMO.

This^^^

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:

This^^^

As much as I'd love Byrd... if I thought we were a player away I'd do it... but I agree with this.

I don't see it happening here.

And... we can win without him. Shit happens in the NFL.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:

This^^^

As much as I'd love Byrd... if I thought we were a player away I'd do it... but I agree with this.

You're right CGI, we don't need him but to take that last stop to top 5 defense, we are going to need a true center field FS with that ballhawk mentality, IMO.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Barrison6 said:
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:

This^^^

You're right CGI, we don't need him but to take that last stop to top 5 defense, we are going to need a true center field FS with that ballhawk mentality, IMO.

My hopes is that we can grab one in the draft that will be nice and cheap.