Jaguars kicker loses his job after Rams game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/17/jason-myers-out-as-jaguars-kicker-josh-lambo-in/

Jason Myers out as Jaguars kicker, Josh Lambo in
Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2017

861730978-e1508244433538.jpg

Getty Images

The Jaguars had a miserable special teams day against the Rams in Week Six and one member of the group lost his job on Tuesday.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the team is cutting kicker Jason Myers. Myers missed two field goals against the Rams, including a 54-yarder late in the game that would have cut the Jags’ deficit to one score with time for an onside kick.

Myers was 11-of-15 on field goals on the season and missed one against the Jets in a game that Jacksonville would ultimately lose on a field goal in overtime. Myers was 53-of-64 on field goals in his first two seasons with Jacksonville and missed 12 extra points over his entire tenure.

Josh Lambo will be the new Jaguars kicker. He was 52-of-64 on field goals for the Chargers the last two seasons, but got beaten out by Younghoe Koo this summer. The Chargers have since cut Koo and signed Nick Novak.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Makes you appreciate guys like Wilkins and Zeurlein.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It makes you really appreciate the kind of weapon Zuerlein is

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Yea. Money.

I don't care for the new distance they have to kick for the extra point.

Say a team is down by 6 or 7 under 2 minutes. Drive the field and score the TD. Then winning, losing or tying the game comes down to 1 player not the team.

Dumb change.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Honestly kickers got it hard. Many elements can screw them over royally... Damn shame...

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea. Money.

Say a team is down by 6 or 7 under 2 minutes. Drive the field and score the TD. Then winning, losing or tying the game comes down to 1 player not the team.

Dumb change.
Idk I disagree, too many times the extra point was just a gimme it didn’t add any intrigue to the game and in fact it was a point to where they wanted to get rid of t all together. But now it really puts the focus on special teams meaning teams have to really practice it and have to excel at it. We won 3 out of our 4 games because our special teams was better than our opponents

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've seen more kickers cut this season....might as well give Roberto Arg...whatever his name is...another shot.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
@Selassie I and I were listening to the Jaguars radio network as we drove home to soak in the victory and the Jags fans were all calling for Myers' head.

CVita

UDFA
Name
Chris
I hear the Bucs are in the market. They brought in 6 kickers this week for tryouts.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Being a kicker is mostly mental: It's difficult to rebound when you get the yips. Props to Zuerlein for overcoming them whenever it's creeping up. Hard to stay consistent like as he did 7/7 FG against Dallas

jap

Legend
Only kicker I've ever seen to recover his own onside kick, in a playoff game no less.

Jeff Wilkins was the consummate master of the onside kick. I have never seen another kicker better or even close to him in that regard.

I'm loving that Greg the Leg has missed only one FG all year and missed no extra points. I wouldn't be surprised of both he and roommate, Johnny Hekker, are routinely checked by the NFL for bionic enhancements.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw Marshall talking about kickers in YouTube somewhere (I’ll try and find it)

But he said with kickers it’s all on them ... any other posisiton you have someone to bail you out ..ps he doesn’t like kickers

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yea. Money.

Dumb change.
I think they made the change to make the two-point conversion more appealing.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
And their special teams had the advantage going into the game because he was 10/11 going into that game

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I saw Marshall talking about kickers in YouTube somewhere (I’ll try and find it)

But he said with kickers it’s all on them ... any other posisiton you have someone to bail you out ..ps he doesn’t like kickers
To make it all work timing-wise you have to have a perfect snap and a perfect hold.

I've seen plenty of kicks messed up by a bad snap or a bad holder.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To make it all work timing-wise you have to have a perfect snap and a perfect hold.

I've seen plenty of kicks messed up by a bad snap or a bad holder.
And I’ve plenty of perfect snaps and perfect holds and the kicker shanks it

That’s all on the kicker

The QB makes a high throw the WR can bail him out
The corner gets beat at the LOS the safety can cover it
D line misses a tackle linebacker can make the tackle

Kicker it’s all on him

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Hilarious. It's not all on the kicker dude no matter how many times you say it.

I know you're just supposedly "a British dude that knows too much about American football" or whatever but I've seen plenty of kicks that were blown by a bad snap or a bad hold.

PLENTY OF THEM and I've been watching football since 1968.