Jags planning to take Manziel at 3?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle mentions that word is spreading throughout the media that the Jaguars are planning to take Texas A&M QBJohnny Manziel at No. 3 overall.

The buzz surrounding Manziel continues to churn. Yesterday, Jay Glazer reported that the Browns are not going to take him at No. 4 and the Raiders had no plans to do so at No. 5 either.

It seemed like there was actually a chance that Manziel could still be on the board at No. 7, but it now appears as though the big question will be if he gets past the Jaguars.

Jacksonville is in a great position to land one of the top defensive players, assuming that no one makes the move up for either Jadeveon Clowney orKhalil Mack. However, they clearly need a quarterback prospect to build around and it appears as though Manziel is now the consensus top quarterback.

We have the Jaguars taking Mack at No. 3 overall in our most recent 2014 NFL Mock Draft.

This is good for us. If anyone else wants him they have to jump JAX.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just want whomever the Browns are planing on taking with their #4 selection is gone when their turn comes up.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Good news for us if its true maybe sombody will get scared and want to jump the jags to get him. Would love for the browns to give up there 2 first rounders to move up and get him.

V3

Hall of Fame
JM seems like the type of player the Jags would take to build publicity. They're so desperate for it that they agreed to go to London for, what, four years? That screams desperation to me.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well this is fantastic news!

This just helped our trade value tremendously.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another reason for the Browns to trade with us. They want Robinson!

Mary Kay Cabot is “hearing” that the Browns’ perfect draft would be taking OT Greg Robinson at No. 4, QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 26 and then targeting either a receiver or a running back such as Carlos Hyde at No. 35 overall.

Last night, Cabot mentioned that Hyde was one the Browns radar at No. 35 overall, so this news clearly builds on that idea.

Jay Glazer reported that the Browns would not take Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at No. 4 overall, so it seems likely that they would be looking to grab the best available quarterback by the time they are on the clock again at No. 26 overall.

Some have suggested that Fresno State QB Derek Carr could be a target for them at No. 26, but there is always a chance that they would prefer to select Bridgewater.

Drafting an offensive tackle early is another intriguing idea as Robinson would make for an impressive pair of offensive tackles to build around.

We’ll have more regarding the Browns as the news is available.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Mary Kay Cabot is “hearing” that the Browns’ perfect draft would be taking OT Greg Robinson at No. 4,
Drafting an offensive tackle early is another intriguing idea as Robinson would make for an impressive pair of offensive tackles to build around.

Browns have the best OLT in the NFL Joe Thomas he has been to 7 pro bowls....so the interest in Greg Robinson is either @ OLG to ORT a position he has never played. Guess they would start GR @ OLG next to Thomas which would be an excellent plan kicking ex Ram Joe Greco out of a job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They really need to. That's the most stagnant uninteresting Franchise in the league. Even the Browns are more interesting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JM seems like the type of player the Jags would take to build publicity. They're so desperate for it that they agreed to go to London for, what, four years? That screams desperation to me.

Nah. They're going to London for a myriad of reasons.

A55VA6

Legend
They're gonna have to trade up cause you know, the Rams are taking him at 2 :sneaky:

V3

Hall of Fame
Nah. They're going to London for a myriad of reasons.

IMO, they are planning on moving the instant it becomes possible. I know they have a lease but there are ways out of it(at least, that's what I heard) and if they're planning on moving to a place as profitable as London, I could see them taking the short term hit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, they are planning on moving the instant it becomes possible. I know they have a lease but there are ways out of it(at least, that's what I heard) and if they're planning on moving to a place as profitable as London, I could see them taking the short term hit.

I don't think so. They've put a lot of money into the stadium and facilities since Khan took over.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think so. They've put a lot of money into the stadium and facilities since Khan took over.

They'd make that back quickly if they moved to London. No one knows so we'll just have to wait. I don't think it'll be anytime soon but maybe in like 5-10 years. I just can't see them staying in Jacksonville.

Slappy967

Starter
I've been predicting Manziel to Jacksonville for awhile. Franchise that needs asses in seats, guy who was dominant in the SEC, Jags getting exposure by being on Hard Knocks=win for that franchise

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Mary Kay Cabot is “hearing” that the Browns’ perfect draft would be taking OT Greg Robinson at No. 4, QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 26 and then targeting either a receiver or a running back such as Carlos Hyde at No. 35 overall.

Last night, Cabot mentioned that Hyde was one the Browns radar at No. 35 overall, so this news clearly builds on that idea.

Jay Glazer reported that the Browns would not take Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at No. 4 overall, so it seems likely that they would be looking to grab the best available quarterback by the time they are on the clock again at No. 26 overall.

Some have suggested that Fresno State QB Derek Carr could be a target for them at No. 26, but there is always a chance that they would prefer to select Bridgewater.

We’ll have more regarding the Browns as the news is available.
Oh man, Internet Rams fandom would have a meltdown if the Rams traded down, and the team they traded with took Robinson at #2.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IMO the two best picks for the Jags is WR Watkins or OLB Mack both would have a big impact on the team.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Oh man, Internet Rams fandom would have a meltdown if the Rams traded down, and the team they traded with took Robinson at #2.

I think right now Mathews would be better for us anyway. So let them rant on....I got my fill of potential during the Jason Smith project. I think Robinson is better than that.....but........