Jadeveon Clowney gaining steam as Texans' No. 1 pick /NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

does anyone really think the texans are gonna win anything with fitz as the qb? a 2nd or 3rd round qb? russell wilson was a fluke, teams don't get lucky like that on a regular basis. not taking a qb at #1 is a low percentage play for their future. unless of course they like a qb coming out next season and will tank this season.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Always a possibility, fill other holes this season, see how it goes with Fitz at QB and pick a QB early next year

iced

So what you're saying is that we either have a top 5/10 LT or we have a LT who wouldn't start on a lot of college teams depending upon how lucky we get.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying unlike a draft pick, Jake Long is a proven commodity and has shown he can play at this level, at a high level. There is no one at receiver who has come even remotely close to the production level as Long at LT - we're one of the better teams at protecting the QB despite the exaggerations "Sam Is gonna get killed!". However we do have one of the worst receiving corps in the nfl, production wise, and have been for 5-6 years running.

Who lists Givens as our #1?

The Rams had him listed as #1 receiver and he lead all receivers in snap counts (80% for Givens, next highest was Austin Pettis at 60%).

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying unlike a draft pick, Jake Long is a proven commodity and has shown he can play at this level, at a high level. There is no one at receiver who has come even remotely close to the production level as Long at LT - we're one of the better teams at protecting the QB despite the exaggerations "Sam Is gonna get killed!". However we do have one of the worst receiving corps in the nfl, production wise, and have been for 5-6 years running.
I love J. Long, but are you referring to the same J. Long that hasn't completed a full season in the last 3 years? The same J. Long that is currently rehabbing an ACL/MCL injury suffered in week 16 of last season? I wish I could have your faith that he can come back, week 1, in game shape and ready to compete for an entire 19 game season. I just don't.

iced

I love J. Long, but are you referring to the same J. Long that hasn't completed a full season in the last 3 years? The same J. Long that is currently rehabbing an ACL/MCL injury suffered in week 16 of last season? I wish I could have your faith that he can come back, week 1, in game shape and ready to compete for an entire 19 game season. I just don't.

I don't take issue with his health for a variety of reasons, most importantly the Fisher factor. He knows how to treat his vets, and it's not a surprise he played many more games with us than he did in Miami. And it's not like Long was battling ailments all season either. 1 game short of a full season

Jake Long's health or 6-7 years of worst receiver corps in the league? hmmm....Atleast we know we have talent in Long - can't say the same for WR

I don't take issue with his health for a variety of reasons, most importantly the Fisher factor. He knows how to treat his vets, and it's not a surprise he played many more games with us than he did in Miami. And it's not like Long was battling ailments all season either. 1 game short of a full season

Jake Long's health or 6-7 years of worst receiver corps in the league? hmmm....Atleast we know we have talent in Long - can't say the same for WR

You keep on mentioning the 1 game missed, the ironic thing is if he'd got the exact same injury week 1 of last season and missed 15 games (which guaranteed he would have done) I'd feel more confident in his ability to be healthy next season. Instead he's less removed from a massive surgery, I don't care how Fisher treats veterans a knee injury is a knee injury, there's only so much you can do with a massive knee injury.

If you can honestly look at Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin and say that neither of them have talent then :cautious:.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I respect you point about Fisher knowing how to take care of vest but Jake's injury was a non contact injury. It's only speculation, on both of our behalves, but one could think his knee simply gave out due to playing more than he had in the 2 previous years. Either way, his injury history is concerning, to me at least. Our WR core is very young, and should, show improvement due to more time in the league. The same argument cannot be made for our OL.

iced

You keep on mentioning the 1 game missed, the ironic thing is if he'd got the exact same injury week 1 of last season and missed 15 games (which guaranteed he would have done) I'd feel more confident in his ability to be healthy next season. Instead he's less removed from a massive surgery, I don't care how Fisher treats veterans a knee injury is a knee injury, there's only so much you can do with a massive knee injury.

If you can honestly look at Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin and say that neither of them have talent then :cautious:.

And If ACL tears instantly marked the end of your NFL career, there'd be a lot less players still playing...like bradford, adrian peterson, jeremy maclin, etc.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Adrian Peterson excluded, can anybody name a player who came back from ACL/MCL surgery and was just as effective as before?

Before anybody decides to throw Peterson out as an example of why it's no big deal these days, please keep in mind that everybody associated with his surgery and recovery were shocked by his play after the procedure.
His recovery is phenomenal, not the new norm.

iced

Adrian Peterson excluded, can anybody name a player who came back from ACL/MCL surgery and was just as effective as before?

Before anybody decides to throw Peterson out as an example of why it's no big deal these days, please keep in mind that everybody associated with his surgery and recovery were shocked by his play after the procedure.

Tom Brady

RGIII