Jacquian Williams Signed possibly???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
I read news earlier Rams might sign Giants LB Jacquarian Williams, and if you check out his official twitter page it looks like he has chosen a team. Either between us and the Bucs. But it sounds more like we signed him. Check it out:

https://twitter.com/Jacquian57

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think you are right! Nice find! I sent him a welcome because that's what I do.

6'3" 231 pounds.....

He's a LB safety hybrid, man! Rams are really trending with those now. Barron, Williams, Alexander, etc...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is he a good contributor on a starting lineup?

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I got an ESPN alert saying the Rams were interested in Akeem Ayers but haven't been able to find anything on it...

jjab360

Legend
Woah don't jump the gun people, this isn't being reported anywhere and I don't see anything on his twitter that comes close to confirming it either.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Woah don't jump the gun people, this isn't being reported anywhere and I don't see anything on his twitter that comes close to confirming it either.

His Twitter says close to a deal, then right after it says his agent just got off the phone with st.louis. Sounds like something in the works.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Can we get a rundown on the guy? Havent seen much of him but we do seem to have a lot of these S/LB hitter guys...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Like 12 hours ago though?

Maybe it's agreed upon but he was told not to disclose until signed on the dotted line? Another tweet said he wouldn't disclose unless his agent says he's good to go. I don't know much about the process, but maybe they're ironing out some kinks. Either way, I'd like this signing. Assuming the price is right.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If this is true they must be trying to hoard up all of those types of players so other teams don't get them. I can't understand why they would need another.With Barron and Alexander there is already a starter and a backup. I wonder if they are not happy with Barron and want to trade him, or if they simply think this guy is better, or more easily signed than Barron will be.

Come to think of it an Ayers signing could be bad news for JL. Ayers is more of a run stuffing ILB. He could replace Dunbar but why bother paying a guy to play a position that is hardly used. Seems odd to be chasing depth at LBer in free agency. Then again they don't have any late draft choices.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If they're going to be running this "Base Nickel" package more often, they'll need the depth.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they're going to be running this "Base Nickel" package more often, they'll need the depth.

Then what does that say about Alexander....and if Williams would just be depth, being an early FA signing, he could be expensive depth.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I honestly don't know because I don't know what scheme adjustments Williams plans to better compete in the division.

And I'm also hugely in Christian Bryant's corner and believe he'll be a name we care about this season like EJ Gaines this past season.

I think we make a mistake when we try to project guys onto last season. That's over. The team is being assembled to compete this season and each team in the division will have had turnover and made changes to try and get ahead. Putting guys into what we did last year may not make much sense considering that roles going forward may expand or contract or be created or eliminated. I mean we're looking at Akeem Ayers, but only played a 3rd LB on about 35% of our plays. Is such a high profile signing warranted for a 35% player? I dunno that that question even makes sense because if they signed Williams might expand his role in the D.

The goal right now is to assemble the best talent. Being too rigid on fit can really hurt teams especially with injuries you always have to make adjustments anyway.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I honestly don't know because I don't know what scheme adjustments Williams plans to better compete in the division.

And I'm also hugely in Christian Bryant's corner and believe he'll be a name we care about this season like EJ Gaines this past season.

I think we make a mistake when we try to project guys onto last season. That's over. The team is being assembled to compete this season and each team in the division will have had turnover and made changes to try and get ahead. Putting guys into what we did last year may not make much sense considering that roles going forward may expand or contract or be created or eliminated. I mean we're looking at Akeem Ayers, but only played a 3rd LB on about 35% of our plays. Is such a high profile signing warranted for a 35% player? I dunno that that question even makes sense because if they signed Williams might expand his role in the D.

The goal right now is to assemble the best talent. Being too rigid on fit can really hurt teams especially with injuries you always have to make adjustments anyway.

Yes but free agents are often expensive talent unless they are the second week type free agents. Ayers and Williams look mostly like depth right now...expensive depth. How many LBHybrids can get real playing time? And we both said about Ayers potentially limited playing time. He is 255 lbs. That sounds like more of an inside guy to me. I don't think he can cover like JL.