Jackie Slater and Jack Youngblood among former Rams to announce draft picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jackie Slater and Jack Youngblood among former Rams to announce draft picks

By Gary Klein

[www.latimes.com]

Pro football Hall of Famers Jackie Slater and Jack Youngblood are among former Rams players who will announce the team’s draft picks on Friday and Saturday.

The Rams do not have a first-round pick in Thursday night’s first round, so their initial selection will be made Friday with the fifth pick in the second round, the 37th overall selection.

The Rams have eight picks in rounds two through seven.

Youngblood, a seven-time Pro Bowl defensive end during a career that spanned from 1971 to 1984, will announce the second-round pick from the draft in Philadelphia. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2001. Former St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson will announce the third-round pick.

On Saturday, during a draft party for fans at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, former quarterback Vince Ferragamo will announce the first of two fourth-round picks. Former Los Angeles Galaxy star Cobi Jones will announce the other.

Slater, an offensive tackle inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2001, will announce the fifth-round pick. The Watts Bears and Carson Pilots youth football teams will announce the Rams’ two sixth-round picks.

The NFL will announce the seventh-round selection.

The draft party will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The team announced that fans selected from those who registered to attend would receive tickets this week.

Along with Slater and Ferragamo, former Rams players LeRoy Irvin, Dennis Harrah, David Hill, Reggie Doss and Mike Lansford are scheduled to attend and sign autographs, the team said.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
whooo hoooo! My all time fav Jack Youngblood....and the most respected, Jackie Slater.....IMO of course

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blood announcing 37 nice. Might have to go defense there after all dudes! :p

Ram65

Legend
Most fans (Non-Rams-Fans) won't know just how great Jack Youngblood was and how much of a leader and hard worker Jackie Slater was for 20 NFL seasons. Nice to see them keeping up the Rams tradition.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Does this all but guarantee we will not be trading back into the first round?? I can't imagine the Rams notifying Youngblood only to have a couple contingent trade proposals with other teams ready on hand. I guess no Lamp :(:(

RAMBUSH

Starter
Love me some Youngblood Slater. Damn , I will in a a few months have 2 German Shepherds... plan on naming one Deacon, and one Jones. But I'm liking the Youngblood, Slater combo. Maybe I get 4 ... lol...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I absolutely love these guys, both Slater and Youngblood...But is it just me that we are ignoring GSOT members a little in favor of Pre-St Louis, LA Ram's history? SJAX wasn't really part of GSOT and so doesn't count toward that, IMO.