Jack Youngblood has a few things to say

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jack Youngblood was on the Rich Eisen show today for a segment and I loved what he had to say about practice and teaching the fundamentals.

View: https://youtu.be/_OX3DA_muUk

Jack talked about other stuff including his HoF induction and other responsibilities.

View: https://youtu.be/cOTOao3b20s

My favorite player of all time and he just reinforces it every time I hear him talk these days.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jack Youngblood was part of my favorite quotes ...Kent Hill was an offensive guard out of Georgia Tech and ended up being part of the Jim Everett deal, however, before that Hill was an all pro guard.

They were working out together and Youngblood told Hill "Your body and my head would be unbeatable." And Hill responded... "Why would you want to ruin my body with your head."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW the first video I posted is included in the 2nd video. The 2nd video is the entire interview.

Ram65

Legend
Interesting point Jack brings up about not tackling enough and properly. Too many players want to make the big hit and not use the proper form. Thanks for the Video OldSchool!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i watched this today. i see you left out the clip about him wanting the Rams to move back home :sneaky:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Interesting point Jack brings up about not tackling enough and properly. Too many players want to make the big hit and not use the proper form. Thanks for the Video OldSchool!
Meh....form tackling is overblown.....you do what you gotta do...what if the only way to tackle is to leave your feet? The problem with tackling is 1) some of these guys just don't wanna hit, but can run like the wind.... 2) they don't hit enough...probably because dudes are bigger & faster & stronger than ever and players WILL get hurt... 3) they haven't been taught how to tackle when they were younger...I believe two-way players, are a tougher player...most guy stop playing both ways in pop-warner...while before, most guys played both ways at least up to college. JMO...Two a days and allow more players on the roster so injuries won't cripple the roster...tackling will improve.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can never get enough of hearing Jack Youngblood talk Football and Rams History!!