I've been expecting this game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've been waiting ,and for ME pretty patiently for this team to explode on someone,and NOW they've done it ,and FWIW to a pretty good team.
SO it raises a question for me, if this team can do this with Kellen Clemens at QB is it incumbent upon Sam Bradford to be an elite QB?
If we can play like this ,if this talent is ripening ,aren't we an elite QB away from SB contender?
I think so,I think the talent is in place in skill positions,we are young and very athletic on defense, we have a kicking game that doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone.
My pre season expectations are restored ,we need to hold serve against Chi in two weeks and establish this was no fluke and take it from there.
Kellen Clemens won't go to the Pro Bowl, but him being our QB doesn't have to mean this season is over.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The KEY, and don't forget, is the OL, and the running game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At least we get Chicago at home this time.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree as well. Draft more help in trenches. We have skill players, we just need time to get them the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I long for the days that we don't have to talk about the draft until February.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I long for the days that we don't have to talk about the draft until February.
Two more weeks in a row like this one and the draft will be taking a back seat.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I've been waiting ,and for ME pretty patiently for this team to explode on someone,and NOW they've done it ,and FWIW to a pretty good team.
SO it raises a question for me, if this team can do this with Kellen Clemens at QB is it incumbent upon Sam Bradford to be an elite QB?
If we can play like this ,if this talent is ripening ,aren't we an elite QB away from SB contender?
I think so,I think the talent is in place in skill positions,we are young and very athletic on defense, we have a kicking game that doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone.
My pre season expectations are restored ,we need to hold serve against Chi in two weeks and establish this was no fluke and take it from there.
Kellen Clemens won't go to the Pro Bowl, but him being our QB doesn't have to mean this season is over.

I think and hope that Sam is, or will be elite anyway, however IMHO this was just one game. IMHO it's way too early to be saying we are just an elite QB away from being a SB contender.
I am encouraged though.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
It was sooo nice to finally see some Rams YAC again!! After seeing the team give up (well at least that is what it looked like) I was concerned for the Rams against Colts

OhioRam

Rookie
Some ram fans are as up and down as this team lol. one week the season is over and the next just one player away.
One thing I do no is that I don't no what team will show up from week to week.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
The key to our defensive success and failures this year center around our ability to stop the run. When we can shut down/limit a teams run game early and often we force them to become almost one dimensional. In turn this allows our ends to tee off on opposing QBs. Examples would be the JAX, SEA, & today's game. When we don't stop the run it opens up PA, keeps our DL honest, and it all spirals out of control. Examples of us failing vs the run would be DAL, SF, & TEN.

I think our young players, whether we want to admit it or not, needed time to adjust to the league. This is still a team littered with rookies & 2nd year players all over our O, D, & ST units. But after 2 years of establishing "their guys" Fish & Snead have the cornerstones in place. 2011-2012 was a complete overhaul, a team gushing with rookies. 2012-2013 was less drastic, but still has many rookies seeing the field. But 2013-2014 should be even less drastic. On O the only starting jobs I can seeing opening are on the OL (LG, RG, RT [I doubt they cut Wells like some think]). And the only starting jobs on D I can see changing are FS & nickelback. That's a much smaller percentage of our team being in their first year, and in turn we'll likely see less mistakes/growing pains/etc.

I think one of my biggest concerns offensively throughout the year is Cook learning to block better/being willing to block better. He would see the field much more if he could just block more consistently, but he's shown to be a liability. We all know guys like TA & Cook can make huge impacts on games as evidenced by Cook's huge week 1 & TA's monster game today. I just hope that Cook & TA's % of snaps are higher by the end of the year. They can't make an impact when they're not on the field! This Rams offense is most lethal when we have the threat of Stacy running, CG beating you deep, Cook up the seam, & TA over the middle/deep. However we don't see those 4 together enough.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
The key to our defensive success and failures this year center around our ability to stop the run. When we can shut down/limit a teams run game early and often we force them to become almost one dimensional. In turn this allows our ends to tee off on opposing QBs. Examples would be the JAX, SEA, & today's game. When we don't stop the run it opens up PA, keeps our DL honest, and it all spirals out of control. Examples of us failing vs the run would be DAL, SF, & TEN.

good points, although i think the colts abandoning the run since they were in a hole helped us too. we need to get better in the second half during close games against the run

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
For me, I want us to draft a massive, DT. Someone HUGE that will command double teams, stuff up the middle and not move backwards. We have the chance to have 1st rders at all d-line positions.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Some ram fans are as up and down as this team lol. one week the season is over and the next just one player away.
One thing I do no is that I don't no what team will show up from week to week.

I would hope you weren't referring to ME when you posted that because I have never come close to giving up on this season, I on the other hand KNOW that we will see NO team show up next week because there is NO game. Know what I mean?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
For me, I want us to draft a massive, DT. Someone HUGE that will command double teams, stuff up the middle and not move backwards. We have the chance to have 1st rders at all d-line positions.

You can have that second round,first round we need the guy who can move him backwards and give Sam the time to hit these awesome skill position players we currently have.
I was hoping you'd post BTW and hoping your signature gif would be excited over the win and bouncing those MAGNIFICENT gifts of hers EVEN FASTER.

jjab360

Legend
Honestly, I think our defensive backfield has to take priority right now. Langford and Brockers have both been pretty good this year, but our CBs and safeties have been ripped apart whenever we give the QB a reasonable amount of time to throw.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Honestly, I think our defensive backfield has to take priority right now. Langford and Brockers have both been pretty good this year, but our CBs and safeties have been ripped apart whenever we give the QB a reasonable amount of time to throw.

I wouldn't mind giving FS & CB a look in the first few rounds. Finn will probably stay in 2014 due to guaranteed $, but we need to find his replacement at nickel. I like Bama FS Clinton-Dix to be paired with TMac. Although a run stuffing DT would be nice. I'd like a LG in the first few rounds too

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
There again 2 second year guys 2 rookies ,developing players ,our oldest unit is our o-line or LB and even there we HAVE a rookie starting.
We've made do and if the move to guard suits Roger and we keep him and he stays healthy maybe we only use one of our firsts on an o-lineman, most secondaries get beaten if the rush can't get there.
If there is a Chance Warmack type there when we draft I take him with both hands.