I've Always Dread-ed this moment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Look at his avatar.
Lol I understand liking the beach, but I've seen his pics and he seems very clean cut. Just seems far off from what I saw in his pics. I mean no offense, I'm just very curious. I think I share the same affection for huge piece of wooded land.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lol I understand liking the beach, but I've seen his pics and he seems very clean cut. Just seems far off from what I saw in his pics. I mean no offense, I'm just very curious. I think I share the same affection for huge piece of wooded land.
'cept when was the last time you saw anything like this in the woods?
Bikini_babes_359842a.jpg
:heh: Big fan of the woods myself but....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Haha 503 I was at the beach today.....some good scenery for sure.

As far as the dreads I guess I was wrong about being able to wash them once they grow in, I had been told water only no shampoo but I have been around some smelly ones that weren't being washed. Of course several times in Jamaica and maybe they were a little sweaty or whatever.

I think they look bad personally. It's a look that nobody can pull off IMO.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh, I'll be your huckleberry. What's with ur love of the dreads? I've seen you defend them before. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm just curious, what makes them appealing to you? Is it in association with a certain culture, time or place?

Juggs, I'll give you the short version.

I have spent a bunch of my free time over the past 20 years or so in the Caribbean. We even have a little place we call our second home on a very small island in the Bahamian Abacos. We have very close friends who are Rastafari and of course have dreads. Many things about Rastas are stereotyped,,, especially dreads. It's a shame. Look it up if you're interested.

Aside from the having dreads for a religious reason,,, dreads look fucking Kick-Ass in my book. Not the weaved-in perfect dreads, but the Natty Dreads (the kind DR sports). Personal preference for me. Just for the record, I have friends with dreads who have them , and them alone , to thank for their lovely ladies. Believe it.

You shouldn't associate dreads with filth. That's not mud or whatever you said in one of your posts in this thread. Maybe you should consider learning more about them before you allow yourself to become too hostile over natty dreads. There are many reasons people choose to wear them,,, I can't think of any that are negative.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And to be honest, and I'm well aware that this is an uneducated view point as I live in a small country town of 5,000 people. But to me, it seems lazy.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And like I said, I mean no offense. I assume some people hate lifted trucks, or loud exhaust...some people hate camo. I love all those things. I would love to live on a 1000 acre spread and just live off it. Hunt the land, raise livestock for food. Fish and just enjoy life. Some people look at that as redneck or hillbilly, so believe me when I say, I understand stereotypes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And like I said, I mean no offense. I assume some people hate lifted trucks, or loud exhaust...some people hate camo. I love all those things. I would love to live on a 1000 acre spread and just live off it. Hunt the land, raise livestock for food. Fish and just enjoy life. Some people look at that as redneck or hillbilly, so believe me when I say, I understand stereotypes.
Redneck.:heh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And to be honest, and I'm well aware that this is an uneducated view point as I live in a small country town of 5,000 people. But to me, it seems lazy.
lol. Lazy?

It takes a lot to maintain those bad boys.
Look up what a deep clean entails.

And is it really all that grueling when people pay others to cut their hair? :wink:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'll have u know, I cut my own hair lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maybe that wasn't dreadlocks, instead a hair extension? :razz:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
What is really lazy is buzzing your head. Those people are so damn lazy...

That said...

I buzz my head cause I'm lazy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm just glad I finally see a defender with a handful of them. I don't care if somebody has dreads or not but I really never thought them a good idea on the football field. I know I'd grab them in a heartbeat if that's all I had to grasp, especially since it's not a penalty.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man , this got serious,I just think the picture is funny as hell.
I got no dog in the dreads fight, not my business, the league aught IMO to force all players hair to be inside the helmet for safety reasons, if they want to braid their underarms I don't care,don't think it's a good look for me:razz:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
People may do what they wish with their hair.
I'm just surprised I haven't seen this more often.

duckhunter

Starter
You want to know something about hating.

Wait until your nuts hang down to your knees.

Then you will know something about hating.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
People may do what they wish with their hair.
I'm just surprised I haven't seen this more often.
Yeah ,I agree and wore my hair below my shoulders back in the day, have friends who were beaten badly for having long hair in the late 60's early 70's .Fact is there were guys in two bands that would pay me to travel with them to take care of the occasional "red neck" who wanted to bully them for their hair cuts,REALLY funny that now so many "red necks " wear their hair like what old time "red necks" wanted to beat people up over. Back then it took GUTS to wear your hair long, dunno if any of ya ever saw the movie "Joe" with Peter Boyle,but it was serious non fiction, like I said friends beaten badly ,one who spent a week in the hospital and walked with a limp the rest of his life
My position though is that the hair hanging outside the helmet is no different than jewely and aught to be a uniform violation,I will say that permitting it would not be a practice if the order of it's popularity had been ,black players doing it THEN white players doing it.
I think and always have that the "pretty boy " from GB ....Matthews, needs to tuck his locks under the helmet too ,I think if it obscures your name it diminishes among other things an officials ability to identify you ( have no idea why else the name WOULD be there if identification wasn't the objective).
In the END 'hopper, I support guys with dreads wearing their hair as statements if that is what they wish or just to pick up babes if that is what they wish,if they are too "lazy or cheap to get a hair cut ,but ALL within the context of forums to which they are entitled,I just think it's curious that in a league where you can get fined for the wrong socks, shirts un tucked ,wrong color shoes ,they let people wear their hair in a way that materially effects play and safety.
I think the "hair is part of the uniform" and fair game to be used to bring the ball carrier down at minimum aught to be re-examined and THAT you can't wear a "tear away jersey" dictates "tear away hair" as in extensions is the same principle.