Iv'e about had it... Poor Bradford...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I could care less about Sam Bradford's contract, but to say "he had no control over it" is just silly. No one forced him to sign it. I don't blame him as I would have signed it as well (and been very happy about it) but to say he had no control isn't accurate.

No sports agent would have let him sign a contract for a penny less. That's why the rookie wage scale was put in place.

jjab360

Legend
I could care less about Sam Bradford's contract, but to say "he had no control over it" is just silly. No one forced him to sign it. I don't blame him as I would have signed it as well (and been very happy about it) but to say he had no control isn't accurate.
To suggest that anybody in their right mind in his situation would turn down that contract is just silly.

AZRamsFan93

To suggest that anybody in their right mind in his situation would turn down that contract is just silly.
I never suggested that.

The previous poster suggested that it was out of Sam's control. He isn't forced to pursue a career playing football. It is in his control.

jjab360

Legend
I never suggested that.

The previous poster suggested that it was out of Sam's control. He isn't forced to pursue a career playing football. It is in his control.
The contract was out of his control. That was between Sam's agents and the Rams and followed the precedent that had already been set in previous years.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Fuck dirty laundry! If you watch or listen to too much bullshit you get shit. We ALL are all Bradford supporters for obvious reasons and know he doesn't pay attention to bullshit either. He's a starting qb of our Rams which is just about a 24/7 job in itself. We are a team and need to put that to a complete status.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The QB always is the man that is accountable on the field. Unfortunately for Sam, rookie season apart he's not lived up to his lofty draft position (yet). I think what a lot of people are frustrated about is that he was supposed to be the next big thing for years to come but you get people like Luck, Krappydick and Wilson coming into sides and taking them to the playoffs and championship rings and we're still a sub .500 team - I know a lot of people think if you'd put say Rodgers / Manning in our side in the last few years we'd definitely gone to the playoffs.

But, i love sam and his abilities - this year is going to be beautiful...

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
One thing I have learned this offseason: Never bring up Sam Bradford if you're in the same room as Warren Sapp.

Whenever someone talks about Sam on NFL Network, Sapp starts laughing and shakes his head.
To be fair I think he does that fir everything lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't mind criticism; but I get annoyed when it's made by someone who clearly hasn't watched his career close enough to have an opinion. Like criticizing Sam for interceptions, etc.

Another thing that annoys me is that his rookie season seems to be completely ignored. "Injured two of last three seasons"... Statistic bending. Not to mention he earned an offensive rookie of the year award! People purposely forget that season to support their critique of play since?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Has any other quarterback, over the last 4 years, played behind as many offensive linemen and thrown to as many pass catchers as Sam Bradford?

Sam's been part of 2 rebuilds and the 1st went terribly wrong. His 1st year they were the youngest team. His 2nd year instead of developing any talent the team signed a bunch of over the hill guys to be starters.

FRO

Legend
On paper this is the most talent Sam has ever had around him in his career. As long as he stays healthy he will produce. I'm not concerned about it. Probably the only game the national media saw him play last year was the 49er game, so that's another reasoning behind their criticism.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
If he'd missed the NFL's guaranteed lottery by one flippin' year, there'd not only be no articles, but the remaining few would all be positive.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sapp wasn't Laughing much after the Rams Whoooop him in the Play-Off's! Was this photo of him taken that day?

Couldn't tell you. I was just highlighting that he doesn't know as much about QBs as he thinks.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Well, he has his chance to shut them up this year. I think he will.

MauiRam

Rookie
Sam played on a talented team in college, and was used to winning - that changed dramatically after he was drafted by the Rams. St Louis was a team in disarray on both sides of the ball when Sam arrived.

Then a couple of years later, along came Fisher and Snead - subsequently the weed pulling began. Excuses, excuses .. right? The majority of those pulled weeds by the way never made it to other gardens, they just plain withered and died. Brian Schottenheimer became Sam’s third offensive coordinator in as many years - nothing like continuity for a qb to build on. Gosh more excuses - right?

The Rams sent Bradford into weekly gunfights with a squirt gun, and even that was leaky and low on water. We had one “star” on offense - Steven Jackson. Our most dangerous receiver had been signed off the Eagles practice squad. We didn’t have much if any depth on the O-line, and on D, our guys were usually gassed by the third quarter - not a lot of depth there either. Bottom line: the Rams were not a particularly talented group, and that’s phrasing it politely.

Oh, oh - I can hear it now: NO EXCUSES!!!

2014 is a new year, Sam’s third with the same coordinator. There is good reason to believe our running game will be much improved over last year’s. Our defense is primed to be among the leagues best. Depth abounds on our D-line. Our O-line looks to be greatly improved. Getting Saffold back was truly a huge stroke of luck. Add to that the acquisition of Aaron Donald for our D-line, and my oh my - we just might be able to compete with the teams in our division. Heck - we might even beat one or two up.

Anyone remember the loop where Bradford is on the bench leafing through his playbook, and just shakes his head in complete and utter frustration? I am sure most of us do. I do not expect to see anything even close to that this year. Sam will have the luxury of a strong running game. When Sam does throw, it won’t be to street free agents or practice squad players. Our receivers have may not earned star status yet, but they aren’t exactly chopped liver either. They have youth, talent and desire in abundance - all of which will help make 2014 a signature season for Bradford and our Rams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

You're right, he should've just held out. That was the system, it didn't matter if it was Gerald McCoy, Ndamukong Suh, Trent Williams, etc. So no, he had no control over the then rookie signing system. It's just the way it was, and it's so much better now.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I sure as hell if I was in Devaneys shoes would of given that 50 million guaranteed to Suh, much safer pick going with the QB, especially with that contract. Whoever we picked would of gotten that number one pick money.