It's Time to Bench Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Normally, I try not to be reactionary to errors and make these sort of threads but this is the second week in a row that he has done this. He is supposed to be a veteran presence. And worst of all, last week, when he snapped it prematurely, he at least snapped it correctly so Davis could cover it. This time, he snapped prematurely and failed on the snap. That's unacceptable.

And, of course, the guy hasn't played well at all this year. If he had been dominating, you could deal with the errors but poor play combined with rookie mistakes has earned Tim Barnes the job imo until Barnes loses it.

It was looking likely we'd get a FG on that drive. Due to Wells's error, not only did we not get a FG, Dallas got a FG before half. That's big. Because they now get the ball back. Huge momentum swing.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Normally, I try not to be reactionary to errors and make these sort of threads but this is the second week in a row that he has done this. He is supposed to be a veteran presence. And worst of all, last week, when he snapped it prematurely, he at least snapped it correctly so Davis could cover it. This time, he snapped prematurely and failed on the snap. That's unacceptable.

And, of course, the guy hasn't played well at all this year. If he had been dominating, you could deal with the errors but poor play combined with rookie mistakes has earned Tim Barnes the job imo until Barnes loses it.

It was looking likely we'd get a FG on that drive. Due to Wells's error, not only did we not get a FG, Dallas got a FG before half. That's big. Because they now get the ball back. Huge momentum swing.
I said it last week. He makes crucial mistakes that absolutely kill us.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I agree, but we really have no one better to replace him with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, but we really have no one better to replace him with.
You know what, even if Barnes is only equal in terms of play(or slightly worse)...if he avoids snapping the ball before the QB calls for it, he's more than worth the change.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know this, he's not getting any more "excused absences" from practice anymore if i'm HC. Completely unacceptable mistake in that situation for a veteran Center.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You know what, even if Barnes is only equal in terms of play(or slightly worse)...if he avoids snapping the ball before the QB calls for it, he's more than worth the change.
Can't disagree what so ever. That was inexcusable.

Athos

Legend
You can't have two fuck-ups like that in back to back games. That's not pro-bowl play. Peewee yea, but this ain't no peewee foosball.

If Barnes snaps it cleanly, that alone is an upgrade.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would trade Wells for a bag of Doritos right now. He can't block or snap the football...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think Barnes is better at this point.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Completely agree, there's no way Barnes is not an upgrade over an overpaid mistake prone veteran center

Alan

Legend
RamGal getting hit by our hidden troll:
It's time to DUMP Scott Wells...a complete waste of cap space --- just like Cook.
Sorry RamGal, we have a poster who keeps hitting the inappropriate button inappropriately.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
There is no way that Barnes does what our "probowl" center did today on a friendly snap at home. He should be gone yesterday!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I almost think there should be some "open" competition during the bye week with a couple positions, and not just with the O-Line.

Alan

Legend
flv seeing the futility of cutting Wells:
Cutting Wells would only save $700K. I doubt we get anyone as good as Wells to replace him at that price. Wells made a mistake but that it happened again so soon to a former ProBowler suggests the blame might not be 100% with Wells.
Another curiosity is that some fans trust Boudreau's judgement to keep Joseph over Robinson but they don't trust his judgement when he keeps Wells in the game after 2 miscommunications with Davis. I seriously doubt that Barnes and Davis have much chemistry.
All good points flv.

Please guys & gals, talk of cutting Wells is really a bad idea. Replacing him with Barnes is a different story. If we were to cut Wells and Barnes got injured where would we be?
Let's just stop that foolishness now. I understand the anger though. :(

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

Actually Barnes & Davis would have a lot of chemistry working together over the last couple of years as back-up QB & C, much more than Wells.