It’s time for fans to start quitting the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I do think the game would be better off with a different commissioner.

You think? We'd absolutely be better off. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up, Goodell is like Obama, he cares for the league but has no balls, bending over to the owners the same way Obama does to Congress. Until we hire a commissioner who has the balls to dispute Jerruh, Snyder, and Kroenke's interests, we'll continue to see a shitty product on the field.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
You think? We'd absolutely be better off. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up, Goodell is like Obama, he cares for the league but has no balls, bending over to the owners the same way Obama does to Congress. Until we hire a commissioner who has the balls to dispute Jerruh, Snyder, and Kroenke's interests, we'll continue to see a crappy product on the field.

I can't help thinking a change in commissioner wouldn't actually change anything. The NFL is less about the sport now and more about the entertainment in order to keep the casual fans interested.

This is what results in rule changes to help offenses cus the simple fans can't bear watching anything other than a high scoring game. This is why the NFL can force a team to appear on an entertainment show during training camp which is utterly ridiculous in my view. This is what fuels fans perception (rightly or wrongly) that certain teams get favourable treatment from officials -it all comes down to the entertainment factor and TV ratings.

This leaves fans like us (who will always watch their team, regardless of circumstances) left feeling taken for granted. A change in commissioner won't make a difference as long as the owners that vote for him are richer than ever. And, realistically, are the hardcore fans ever going to quit watching in order to send the message to owners? Probably not

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Depends on the Commissioner.

If they want a guy who is both FOR the integrity of the game AND the business of game...then yes. That person would make a substantial difference. Night and day difference. So big it would be like David Stern to Adam Silver type difference.

Now... another Corporate lawyer like Goodell? Nah. No difference at all.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm leaning in that direction, for sure. I've already decided to not play FF, bet on the money pool, or even watch other teams near as much. The straw that would break the camel's back is the impending stadium deal, of course.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You think? We'd absolutely be better off. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up, Goodell is like Obama, he cares for the league but has no balls, bending over to the owners the same way Obama does to Congress. Until we hire a commissioner who has the balls to dispute Jerruh, Snyder, and Kroenke's interests, we'll continue to see a crappy product on the field.

The Commissioner works for the owners. He's not going to tick off his bosses.

And frankly, if Kroenke wants to move the team, he's going to move the team. The NFL isn't going to be able to stop him.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The Commissioner works for the owners. He's not going to tick off his bosses.

And frankly, if Kroenke wants to move the team, he's going to move the team. The NFL isn't going to be able to stop him.

Exactly, that's why he's on every fans' shit list while the owners are the ones standing there smiling with halos on their heads.